Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump hasn't created more jobs. The job growth has actually slowed (not his fault -- it was bound to happen after so many years of consistent steady growth). He hasn't done anything yet to slow the jobs leaving the country.

We have no tangible statistics to show he has done anything to really make changes.

It's only been 100 days -- I'm not saying he won't -- but he has done little yet. More bells, whistles and show...but nothing concrete and tangible.

Also, no legislation passed, either.

Just a flurry of mostly toothless EOs. Plus, we hate EOs, because they circumvent Congress. Right, guys? Right? Or, is it OK to use your "pen and phone" if there is an R in the big chair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 08:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Also, no legislation passed, either.

Just a flurry of mostly toothless EOs. Plus, we hate EOs, because they circumvent Congress. Right, guys? Right? Or, is it OK to use your "pen and phone" if there is an R in the big chair?
There is one way trump and Obama are alike. They used EOs to get around an uncooperative Republican congress. That an R president can't deal with an R congress, most of whom undoubtedly voted for him - well, that's simply pathetic. And says everything there is to say about his self-aggrandizing claims to be a great negotiator.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:04 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Hey, at least President Trump is honest about the difficulty of being President, missing his old life, etc.

Trump says he misses life before he became US president - BBC News

As one tweeter in this article posted, "I also miss my previous life . . . before he was elected."

Old 04-28-2017, 08:17 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Funny that CNN is criticizing him for being honest .
I think this is the appeal of Trump to many he just says what he's thinking.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:22 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Why would any Commander in Chief say such a thing? Honesty?! He's leading the country and possibly to war and is saying it's "harder than I thought it would be"! Sorry, but as he would say, "a really really terrible thing to say."

Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Funny that CNN is criticizing him for being honest .
Funny that Trump actually thought being the CEO of his own company was more difficult than BEING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Why would any Commander in Chief say such a thing? Honesty?! He's leading the country and possibly to war and is saying it's "harder than I thought it would be"! Sorry, but as he would say, "a really really terrible thing to say."
But then if he said it's easy , he would get slammed too
They'd say "Trump isn't taking this serious .. he thinks it's as easy as being on the Apprentice blah blah "

Old 04-28-2017, 08:28 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
I wonder if this might be an example of the Peter Principle in action.

People tend to rise to "their level of incompetence".

Old 04-28-2017, 08:31 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
A ****ing college kid asks what is expected of him before he interviews for an internship. This idiot apparently lacks the common sense of one.

I will never be president but I know how difficult the job would be.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Got a HUGE cup of snowflake's tears right here.

Unfortunately I know. Can't complain stuff ain't getting done with those idiots getting in the way. I am still hoping President Trump takes advantage of a terrorist attack and declares martial law and suspends congress.
In order for him to take advantage of one, we would have to have one. Is that what you want, another terrorist attack? There is something wrong with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies