Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,846,062 times

Advertisements

While I don't have any sympathy for him, I do agree with another poster that his honesty when it comes to this is to be appreciated.

When I first saw the article and sound byte this morning, I actually wondered what Hillary would be thinking about it- would it make her cringe with disgust or would she be getting some kind of joy out of it?

As for Donald Trump not understanding the scope and difficulty involved in being President of the U.S.A, I do have to say that I feel like many of those who voted for him in this election didn't grasp it either.

While there are some Trump voters who are well informed, and voted for him because a) he wasn't Hillary or b) because they affiliate with the GOP, there are many I feel who voted who don't really understand politics or the governing processes here in the U.S.

Not bashing, but in my experience of people I know, this seems to be the case.

Like Donald, they didn't understand how hard it is. They didn't understand that he could just wave a magic wand and have things done his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 08:37 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive....html#comments

Is it possible to laugh and cry at the same time?

Seriously why is any one surprised?

16,376 posts, read 22,427,722 times
He just cannot get over the election in order to focus on governing. 98 days in and he's in a meeting with 3 reporters and he made 3 copies of his electoral map results for them and switched the discussion toward the election results.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive....html#comments

"More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump's mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.
"Here, you can take that, that's the final map of the numbers," the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. "It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us."

He had copies for each of the three Reuters reporters in the room."

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Funny that CNN is criticizing him for being honest .
I think this is the appeal of Trump to many he just says what he's thinking.

You can criticize the message and the naiveté without criticizing the honesty behind it.....

Old 04-28-2017, 08:42 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Unfortunately I know. Can't complain stuff ain't getting done with those idiots getting in the way. I am still hoping President Trump takes advantage of a terrorist attack and declares martial law and suspends congress.
So tell us, BookSearcher, what kind of terrorist attack are you rooting for? Another 9/11, perhaps? Or will something smaller, that, say, only kills a few thousand Americans be good enough for you?

Do tell, we all want to know exactly what level of terrorist attack you are hoping for.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You can criticize the message and the naiveté without criticizing the honesty behind it.....

Honesty or stupidity???

Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Honesty or stupidity???

There's no denying it was a moment of honesty to admit it. The stupidity came long before admitting his misperception.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:54 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Got a HUGE cup of snowflake's tears right here.

Unfortunately I know. Can't complain stuff ain't getting done with those idiots getting in the way. I am still hoping President Trump takes advantage of a terrorist attack and declares martial law and suspends congress.
That is seriously disturbing.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:56 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,021,366 times
That's why he lost NYC, everyone knew he was full of it! Follow the money, he wont hand over his taxes.

Tillerson and Mattis are running things very dangerous. Tillerson will eventually work a deal with Russia to have Exxon drill their oil and Mattis is trigger happy so who knows what will happen.

The last Republican I voted for was Bush Sr. he knew when to pull back in Iraq.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:58 AM

1,548 posts, read 909,999 times
I'd be cool with him resigning. I love that he won, it was exciting to have a candidate like him involved but if his heart isn't in it, let Pence go at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies