Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:49 AM

1,188 posts, read 958,428 times

Advertisements

IVANKA

What is this nonsense where she's meeting with foreign leaders and saying we need to take in more Syrian refugees? Regardless of whether stuff she says influences her dad, I don't want her representing us on the world stage. I voted for Trump to put America first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 09:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
IVANKA

What is this nonsense where she's meeting with foreign leaders and saying we need to take in more Syrian refugees? Regardless of whether stuff she says influences her dad, I don't want her representing us on the world stage. I voted for Trump to put America first.

lots of tRump supporters feel threatened in the same way that you have expressed

Old 04-28-2017, 09:59 AM

1,188 posts, read 958,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
lots of tRump supporters feel threatened in the same way that you have expressed
What do you mean by 'threatened'?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I think threatened is over stating it..

I don't feel threatened but to me it shows they don't understand the job of the President, the role of The White House and the administration.

It isn't a family business. It just isn't.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:08 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
The election is over. He can't possibly have lost your vote. It's a done deal.

I seriously doubt he'll run for a second term. I don't think he wants it. He's accomplished what he set out to do. Pence will be our next President.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I read an article on the internet says

If he keeps on trying to launch missile strikes on Syrian military targets while refusing to offer them safe homes that his country could very easily provide, then he should recognize that their blood will be on his hands too for as long as this war continues.

I think Trump's administration has felt the pressure, and they finally gave in.

I voted for Trump because I believed he'd be good for the military and the veterans; I also don't believe he'd start useless wars. I think it is too early to regret. I'd give him till next year Feb to prove himself.

add: Think of it this way, op. When it comes to refugees, terminology matters, sure, but number also matters. I don't think President Trump would create a refugee crisis here in the United States. So no worries there.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think threatened is over stating it..

I don't feel threatened but to me it shows they don't understand the job of the President, the role of The White House and the administration.

It isn't a family business. It just isn't.
Tell that to Trump.

And you are not alone, OP. A majority of voters disapprove of the roles both Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have assumed in this administration.

Quote:
About 53% of respondents said the first daughter playing a significant role in the White House is not appropriate, compared with 36% who said it was appropriate.

About 53% said Jared's role was not appropriate, compared to 32% of respondents who said it was appropriate.

Poll: Most say Ivanka, Jared's White House roles are inappropriate - CNNPolitics.com
I suppose it comes as little surprise that the approval numbers pretty much coincide with the percentage of diehard Trump supporters. For the most part they will approve of anything Trump does. The OP appears to be a rare supporter who sees reality.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
What do you mean by 'threatened'?
Taking in people who may make our country less safe is threatening to all Americans whether they approve of this or not.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
He's accomplished what he set out to do. Pence will be our next President.

Maybe he can step down now then

Old 04-28-2017, 10:17 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The election is over. He can't possibly have lost your vote. It's a done deal.

I seriously doubt he'll run for a second term. I don't think he wants it. He's accomplished what he set out to do. Pence will be our next President.
If what he set out to accomplish was further divide the Republican party, then I'd say he's been a rousing success (and I applaud him for it! ) Other than that, he's accomplished exactly nothing so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies