Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:21 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
America loves Trump. He's doing a great job and people trust him. The crazy, left wing partisans on this forum withstanding.
Yeah! You're absolutely right!

This is why all who voted for Our President Trump need to ignore fake nasty news like this:

Trump Ethics: The President Who Hasn't Stopped Being A Businessman (Video) : NPR

We love President Trump and none of this matters!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 08:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
6. We’re still ignoring the people who elected Trump.
Matthew Continetti, editor in chief of the Washington Free Beacon
There was a brief moment after the election when the press said it would devote more coverage not to Trump but to the people who had voted him into office. What had driven 46 percent of the country to vote for an outsider billionaire with no government experience, despite serious reservations about his temperament and character, was a question that deserved an answer. Was it really the case that rising inequality and political polarization had separated the makers of news and opinion at our most eminent outlets from about half of the public they sought to inform?
I think it was. Washington and New York have done so well in the past 20 years that residents of those cities and their suburbs—and I am one—could not see beyond the geographic and economic and social boundaries of our lives. We were largely immune from the collective shocks of the early 21st century: the border shock of rising illegal immigration, the trade shock of Chinese imports, the economic shock of the financial crisis, and the confidence shock of disappointing outcomes in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are continually tempted to devote our attention and resources to parochial concerns, to the Beltway questions of who is up and who is down, which party is winning and which is losing, what controversy the president finds himself mired in today. But this is to miss the forest for the tweets.

If there is one thing the press (and others) still gets wrong about Trump, it is treating him in isolation from the very real and worrisome social conditions that brought him to power.

What the Press Still Doesn’t Get About Trump - POLITICO Magazine

I need to be clear that I am not a Trump supporter. But it needs to be more than clear that I do very much care about what those who voted for him are going through, and why they voted for him. I am deeply disturbed by other liberals who talk of tolerance and empathy, but have absolutely none toward those who voted for Trump. I do not tolerate bigotry in any form, but I've talked to several people who voted for Trump, and it had nothing to do with bigotry or racism or nationalism, or even immigration. Yes, there are some that are hateful, but not all of them are. Several people here have said as much, but many immediately dismiss them because they did vote for Trump. I think it's a mistake to do that.
I am deeply frustrated by people who condemn all liberals, and by people who continue to support Trump, even as he betrays them at almost every turn, but you are right. They are not all evil people, and I think that some liberals have been much too quick to write them all off as raving lunatics. I get very snarky about Trump himself, and about people who are unwilling to see what he is doing, or even to admit that he just might be wrong, but that's not the same thing as dismissing everyone who voted for him as a bad person. In the interest of full disclosure, you are much kinder about this than I. I admire that.

This is an outstanding post, and I hope more people on both sides of the aisle will take the time to read it. There is a lot of truth here, particularly regarding how some of us on the left look at people in fly-over country.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 04-28-2017 at 08:47 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 08:49 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
from those who voted for him last November, according to a new poll. Poll: Trump voters stand by the president - POLITICO

".....a new survey released Thursday shows the president’s voters are still firmly in his corner.

The overwhelming majority of Trump voters surveyed by the University of Virginia Center of Politics, 93 percent, approve of the job Trump is doing as president. Only 7 percent of voters who said they cast their ballot for Trump now disapprove of his performance, the poll shows.

“Trump voters are extraordinarily loyal and supportive of the guy they voted for last November,” said Republican pollster Glen Bolger, who conducted the poll and focus groups for the school.

Republicans, Democrats, and Independents who voted for him are willing to stick with him and give him a chance. So when we see low approval polls for President Trump, it ain't us who don't approve. It is the Leftist voters, who will always hate him.
Yeah you won't be singing that tune when all the people who are going to be hurt by his policies and didn't vote in the election come out in droves to prevent this disaster from happening again. As a nation, we've learned our lesson about taking elections for granted. I can assure you we will​ not be making that mistake again.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No surprise here. The cult loves its cult master. Of course they aren't going to turn on him. That's what being in a cult is all about.

No, when you see low approval ratings it's because the MAJORITY of the country--you know, those of us who didn't drink the Kool-Aid--don't approve of the job he's doing. You guys are in the minority here. That's why his numbers are so low.
Yet, he WON with low approval numbers and Hillary couldn't even beat that! Its the ones who didn't vote for him trying to convince their selves why he won.

Actually, pretty insulting for you to call American voters "cult members" while your also, insulting the silent voters who voted for him.......many who happen to be non-white.

Democrats blind to real reason America elected Trump | Fox News

Lost in the shuffle of national news last week was the publication of an assessment by Democratic operatives on why my party lost the 2016 presidential campaign.
Their argument? Voters chose President Trump because they had a “fear of diversity.”

The authors – living in New York and San Francisco – concluded that Hillary Clinton’s supporters were “upscale” and embraced an “open society” while Trump’s were “straight, white male Christians” in small town America who lacked an appropriate education. The message was clear: Democrats stood no chance in the face of ignorant bigots.

For Democrats like me in rural America, studies like this are nothing new. We are used to being cast as racist or homophobic Barney Fifes in modern-day minstrel shows. Our role is to serve as devious characters that explain electoral losses or frighten the Democratic Coalition to the ballot box.
But facts are stubborn. And so too are smart Democrats who see through the intellectually bankrupt theories of party hacks.

So why did we lose the election? Exit polling makes it clear.
It was the economy, stupid.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:33 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
By having a non-Democratic President.
Pence isn't President...yet

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Hey do the math. He loses that 7% and he does not get re-elected. He lost the popular vote and only won the electoral college by what 70K votes.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Hey do the math. He loses that 7% and he does not get re-elected. He lost the popular vote and only won the electoral college by what 70K votes.
In before a Trumpette yells fake news and he won the popular vote by millions.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Lightbulb .Even FOX news polls show he's the worst 100 day president in history!

President Trump’s job ratings are underwater by three percentage points. Currently 45 percent approve of the job he’s doing. That’s down slightly from the 48 percent approval he received when he first took office -- and far below Barack Obama’s 62 percent approval and George W. Bush’s 63 percent approval at this same point in their presidencies.

Trump’s victory came from voters’ desire for change -- a big part of which was “draining the swamp.” Yet only 43 percent think the president is succeeding in bringing real change to Washington. More, 50 percent, say he’s failing.

I can’t believe my eyes reading the rest of the article from FOX news as to how poorly Trump is doing in FOX polls.
Fox News Poll: President Trump's first 100 days getting mixed reviews | Fox News

Presidential Job Approval Ratings Following the First 100 Days
Eisenhower – Trump

Presidential Job Approval Ratings Following the First 100 Days

1 day ago - Overall, 44% say they approve of Trump's handling of the presidency, 54% disapprove. ... That 44% marker puts Trump last among approval ratings for newly-elected presidents at the 100-day point since modern polling began, a trendline that runs back to Dwight Eisenhower.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:15 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The Democrats lost because there were just enough poorly educated blue collar whites in just enough rust belt states to fall for the rhetoric of Donald Trump. I'm not going to feel that I need to kowtow to this demographic.

Right...remind me again where Democrats are winning.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:26 PM

101 posts, read 53,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
America loves Trump. He's doing a great job and people trust him. The crazy, left wing partisans on this forum withstanding.

2800 more days of Trump. Americans are looking forward to crushing liberals every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies