Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:13 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

Whites now excluded from the university system they invented and built. Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 09:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Post is more BS. This is Pomona. Not Los Angeles. White guy ville.
Pomona College is 38% non-Hispanic white.
Quote:
And you continue to complain about what she wants...not what she accepts.
I realize that caring about fairness to individuals and preferring a colorblind approach dates me as a curmudgeon stuck in the 20th century, but yes, I do have a problem her attitude.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:22 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,084 times
What if the international and low income students who apply are white?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,780,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
What if the international and low income students who apply are white?
Then they recieve a preference.

As another poster correctly asserted, low income white students, and first generation white students also receive a preference. Clearly, white students are not being discriminated against.

As a white male, I don't believe I've ever been discriminated against in a way that significantly effects my life. The premise of the article and this thread actually makes me somewhat angry; I'm sick of the alt-right constantly acting like victims. My message to these people is suck it up, life's tough. There are people that have it way worse.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 PM

It's always interesting to see the rationalizations liberals come up with to justify being on the side of things like anti-white racial bias and illegal immigration. Here are two of the common ones:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually being an engineer I would observe this is not a STEM class. This is the junk they feed the none STEM. STEM classes worry about the ability of the students to do the work and very often end up loaded with asians and white guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
As a white male, I don't believe I've ever been discriminated against in a way that significantly effects my life. The premise of the article and this thread actually makes me somewhat angry; I'm sick of the alt-right constantly acting like victims. My message to these people is suck it up, life's tough. There are people that have it way worse.
lvmensch wants you to know that he is too competent and successful to be personally effected by the bias, and Drewjdeg is tough, so any discrimination he might face is trivial.
It's hard work to logically defend racial bias and illegality on principle... much easier to mock those who care about it as losers and use the issue to display status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toL1tXrLA1c

Old 04-28-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's always interesting to see the rationalizations liberals come up with to justify being on the side of things like anti-white racial bias and illegal immigration. Here are two of the common ones:

lvmensch wants you to know that he is too competent and successful to be personally effected by the bias, and Drewjdeg is tough, so any discrimination he might face is trivial.
It's hard work to logically defend racial bias and illegality on principle... much easier to mock those who care about it as losers and use the issue to display status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toL1tXrLA1c
As a upper-middle class, straight, white male - I'd like you to explain what discrimination you think I'm facing.

I appreciate you're looking out for me, but I think I'll be fine.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
As a upper-middle class, straight, white male - I'd like you to explain what discrimination you think I'm facing.

I appreciate you're looking out for me, but I think I'll be fine.
... illustrating my point.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
... illustrating my point.
Ah well. Just don't lose sleep over a fake news story.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:22 AM

212 posts, read 135,971 times
Part of the liberal interpretation of "diversity" means zero whites. We see this all the time with liberals in all walks of life, even in something as seemingly innocuous as the sports media.

Major League Baseball, for example, constantly gets criticized by lib sports writers for the decline in African American players over the past 30 years, this despite the fact that MLB is the only major sport whose demographics actually come close to mirroring those of our very diverse nation as a whole. However, the overwhelmingly black NBA is never criticized for its lack of diversity, or for the decline in American-born white players in the league. Why?

White liberals, for the most part, are little more than self-absorbed, ego-defective, self-loathing, guilt-ridden weasels. They are also third-rate hypocrites on the topic of race and equality whose ideas and opinions on this subject should always be summarily dismissed out-of-hand without so much as a moment's consideration.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:29 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times
Quote:
Racism isn't about boogeymen like David Duke who have no power to include or exclude people from college studies because of their race. This class is what racism looks like.
That sensationalist rag you got your OP from is what slanted reporting looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies