Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:53 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times

Advertisements

As of this morning, Donald Trump has been president of the United States for 100 days.
LOSERS
President Trump
The first 100 days weren't good for Trump, objectively. And judging by his comments about his learning curve, he knows it. He has one signature accomplishment in confirming Supreme Court Justice Neil M. Gorsuch. But he has no significant legislative victories; three of his big executive orders have been halted by the courts; and his approval rating at 100 days is the lowest of any president in the modern era, by double digits. To top it all off, this was a president who promised to do huge things and do them quickly — now he's breaking promises almost weekly.

To pitch Trump's first 100 days as a success, the White House has resorted to citing highly misleading statistics and even bragging about how many executive orders Trump has signed — executive orders that Trump could sign thousands of if he wanted to and that he referred to in the past as the sign of a weak president. That just about says it all.
Analysis | Winners and losers from President Trump

Yep, Comrade Trump/aka President U-TURN...... is the worst POTUS ever!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...76613674418177

Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Another "bash Trump for everything because we lost and he isn't my president and ignoring everything he did accomplish with selective ignorance and feigned outrage on queue" thread.

Let me file that for you
Well, I lost but I didn't vote for Hillary.

The truth hurts.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Another "bash Trump for everything because we lost and he isn't my president and ignoring everything he did accomplish with selective ignorance and feigned outrage on queue" thread.

Let me file that for you
So other than a bunch of EO's, what did he accomplish?

Old 05-02-2017, 10:49 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Since when did the amount of legislator that a President has gotten passed = someone being a good President?

Personally, it seems that the more laws that are passed, the more freedoms we lose. So why does more equal better?

Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:

Let me file that for you

I have asked this a BUNCH of times. What do supporters feel he has accomplished?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:08 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I have asked this a BUNCH of times. What do supporters feel he has accomplished?
Lots of things. He proposed a budget and tax plan that does meet many of his promises like taking care of our veterans and lowering people's taxes. He has hosted several foreign leaders and successfully forged good relationships with leaders of countries like China and Israel. He got the ball rolling on Keystone Pipeline and held several meetings with CEOs to promote job growth and preservation in America.

Doing all that with while having to deal with all the ridiculous slings and arrows from the liberal left and media (what happened to all that big Russian conspiracy talk), I would give him a B+. The numerous trips to Margo and his childish tweets are the only things that really bother me.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Since when did the amount of legislator that a President has gotten passed = someone being a good President?

Personally, it seems that the more laws that are passed, the more freedoms we lose. So why does more equal better?
your freedom depends on laws. Your argument amounts to you believing you know the correct number and what they should cover.

I say the only reason we have such a strong economy is because we have so many laws that protect the people and the things they build and value.

The idea that "less is better" sounds great, the reality is life, industry, trade are complex and that requires complex law.

Trump pretends to his supporters that regulations are bad, yet his entire empire is based on very strict regulations that are designed to encourage development and growth. without the complex rules in place Trump could not fund his projects as the risks would be too big. This man you admire (trump) is spinning you a lie.

The best example was Trump's almost instant move to kill the hard won Fiduciary rule.

This rule was fought tooth and nail by banks, investment firms (wall street) they lobbied hard and heavy to block it. But with effort it got through.

Trump ordered it killed. Why? well the rule required that retirement advisors don't rip off the public. that is it. It simply insured that mom and dad don't get tricked by a slick marketer who wants to put them into a plan that profits goldman sachs.

This is why complex regulations and laws are needed to protect you, your dumb brother in law who will leave your sister broke .

Trump should not be destroying rules while stomping around bragging and getting nothing done. he should be helping to create more rules like the Fiduciary that he so heartlessly killed.

not to mention gutting the FCC, installing PAI who is openly breaking the FCC and is making it so that you , me and everyone else will have fewer carriers, fewer ISPs and higher prices.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
As of this morning, Donald Trump has been president of the United States for 100 days.
LOSERS
President Trump
The first 100 days weren't good for Trump, objectively. And judging by his comments about his learning curve, he knows it. He has one signature accomplishment in confirming Supreme Court Justice Neil M. Gorsuch. But he has no significant legislative victories; three of his big executive orders have been halted by the courts; and his approval rating at 100 days is the lowest of any president in the modern era, by double digits. To top it all off, this was a president who promised to do huge things and do them quickly — now he's breaking promises almost weekly.

To pitch Trump's first 100 days as a success, the White House has resorted to citing highly misleading statistics and even bragging about how many executive orders Trump has signed — executive orders that Trump could sign thousands of if he wanted to and that he referred to in the past as the sign of a weak president. That just about says it all.
Analysis | Winners and losers from President Trump

Yep, Comrade Trump/aka President U-TURN...... is the worst POTUS ever!!!!!!
Sure he is, after 100 days. And I'm sure you've researched all 44 of the others in order to be able to draw that conclusion.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:59 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
your freedom depends on laws. Your argument amounts to you believing you know the correct number and what they should cover.

I say the only reason we have such a strong economy is because we have so many laws that protect the people and the things they build and value.

The idea that "less is better" sounds great, the reality is life, industry, trade are complex and that requires complex law.

Trump pretends to his supporters that regulations are bad, yet his entire empire is based on very strict regulations that are designed to encourage development and growth. without the complex rules in place Trump could not fund his projects as the risks would be too big. This man you admire (trump) is spinning you a lie.

The best example was Trump's almost instant move to kill the hard won Fiduciary rule.

This rule was fought tooth and nail by banks, investment firms (wall street) they lobbied hard and heavy to block it. But with effort it got through.

Trump ordered it killed. Why? well the rule required that retirement advisors don't rip off the public. that is it. It simply insured that mom and dad don't get tricked by a slick marketer who wants to put them into a plan that profits goldman sachs.

This is why complex regulations and laws are needed to protect you, your dumb brother in law who will leave your sister broke .

Trump should not be destroying rules while stomping around bragging and getting nothing done. he should be helping to create more rules like the Fiduciary that he so heartlessly killed.

not to mention gutting the FCC, installing PAI who is openly breaking the FCC and is making it so that you , me and everyone else will have fewer carriers, fewer ISPs and higher prices.

In 2014 the US (federal and state) passed over 40k laws. Do you really think we need to be passing that many each year? Seems a bit ridicules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies