Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtta View Post
Worked? No

Fabio.

Money belongs in the bank. Those who work know this. Real work requires effort. You spend so much time on jobs you hate that there's no way you're blowing money on jewelry, cars, or even overpriced real estate.

Worst guy to make this point.
Just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he hasn't worked for his money .
Real work has to be a job someone hates ?

Fine Jewelry and prime real estate can be assets that go up over time . Cars not so much unless they are classics .
Anyways who is to judge how someone spends their money if they earned it.

Sounds like blaming the victim .

Old 05-01-2017, 09:24 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtta View Post
Worked? No

Fabio.

Money belongs in the bank. Those who work know this. Real work requires effort. You spend so much time on jobs you hate that there's no way you're blowing money on jewelry, cars, or even overpriced real estate.

Worst guy to make this point.
The point of money is so we have a universal system to quantify value so we can purchase things we want, such as cars or fine jewelry. That's micro econ 101. Furthermore, there are people who do real work and after they've paid their bills and put money away they still have enough left over for luxury items. And BTW, money generally does not being in the bank -- that's for suckers. Rather, it belongs in a stock portfolio. Just last year I got in on AT&T when it was as bullish and overweight as possible and now I'm getting good dividends at a good cost basis. I did the same with PPL years ago and I made very respectable money on the dividends.

Unless it's a money market account, the bank is the last place to put your money. You're welcome.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Welcome to California! Politicians and liberal voters refuse to put people in prison and refuse to build more prisons. Jerry Brown's choo choo train boondoggle is more important. If you get robbed then you are just spreading the wealth around. Capitalism is evil.

I keep fake coins in a little safe in case I get robbed.

So true!

Apparently Tarzana. Used to be a great neighborhood. Now rappers and gangs have moved in.
On another thread I mentioned that Tarzana and Palms have about the same crime rate, and Woodland Hills' is only slightly lower. Which is interesting to me - that moneyed sections of the Valley have the same safety level as the poorest Westside neighborhood, which has severe homeless issues and some gang issues in certain pockets. It does seem like the Valley as a whole has more crime than the Westside as a whole, unlike in the 1980s when just the opposite was true. Not that Tarzana, WH, or Palms are dangerous neighborhoods by any means, but it's still interesting.

Also interesting to me that the other affluent southern neighborhoods of the Valley - Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and Valley Village, as well as Burbank - all have less crime than Tarzana and WH. Guess being next to Reseda is worse than being next to Van Nuys...

Old 05-02-2017, 01:19 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Remember Fabio? He is very p1ssed off about soaring crime rates and did a five minute segment with Tucker Carlson on Fox News. He is very well informed. The accent is a bit difficult but you get the gist of what he is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPVTM8WCz8
This is some of the most hilariously ridiculous sh*t I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

This is how it should have gone:

Carlson: "So did they catch the guys who robbed you?"
Fabio: "No. But I think, I believe, that, possibly, they might be some criminals that are not in jail because of prop 47"
Carlson: "Do you have any proof about that?"
Fabio: "Well,......no! I just think in my mind that maybe, possibly, it could be, due to the laws....."
Carlson: "So you have no proof do you?"
Fabio: "Well.......no"
Carlson: "Dont you think its kind of stupid for you to come on tv and say that the people who robbed you must people who are out of jail because of our laws?"
Fabio: "Well........your producer told me when he contacted me that you guys were doing a piece were you were looking for immigrants to complain about laws to fit a certain narrative that you guys all agreed on last week in your meeting planning this segment. Im sorry that my acting skills are soooo bad that my feigned anger totally comes off as fake, but I wanted to do my part well for you guys"

This entire segment was a complete joke and it just really makes both of them look stupid.

EDIT: MODS, this has NOTHING to do with Los Angeles and as such it should be moved to some other Forum (Current Events or Politics or something similar).

Old 05-02-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This is some of the most hilariously ridiculous sh*t I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Fabio: "No. But I think, I believe, that, possibly, they might be some criminals that are not in jail because of prop 47"
Fabio: "Well,......no! I just think in my mind that maybe, possibly, it could be, due to the laws....."
Carlson: "Dont you think its kind of stupid for you to come on tv and say that the people who robbed you must people who are out of jail because of our laws?"
Fabio: "Well........your producer told me when he contacted me that you guys were doing a piece were you were looking for immigrants to complain about laws to fit a certain narrative that you guys all agreed on last week in your meeting planning this segment. Im sorry that my acting skills are soooo bad that my feigned anger totally comes off as fake, but I wanted to do my part well for you guys"

This entire segment was a complete joke and it just really makes both of them look stupid.

EDIT: MODS, this has NOTHING to do with Los Angeles and as such it should be moved to some other Forum (Current Events or Politics or something similar).
It's funny that a man's home was broken into and his personal space violated ?
It's funny that his possessions were stolen ?

Being tough on crime didn't used to be such a partisan issue .

Jerry Brown did lie and say these new laws would be better for public safety . Instead crime has gone up .

Also how is this not a Los Angeles issue if Fabio lives in L.A and it's about crime in L.A ?

I agree with everything Fabio said , unfortunate you think it's all a "complete joke"

Police have been demoralized to the point where they've quit even booking criminals in some circumstances.

Enough with this people being arrested 12 times .
How many chances should these scumbags get ?

Old 05-04-2017, 03:32 AM

128 posts, read 138,990 times
we keep voting *******s into power, this is what we get, criminals running the streets, sure the police arrest them, but they are out within 10 days.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:07 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
Fourteen of his friends plus him have been burglarized and robbed?!?

What are they? Drug dealers or something?
What I don't get is after the 3rd or 4th person he knows got robbed, it never occurred to not keep valuables in the house, or at least in a safe?

Remember when Paris Hilton got robbed a few years ago? The ones who broke in got the key from under the mat.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

After watching it I have to agree. He spends more time talking politics than the robbery itself.

It doesn't seem quite real, and if you really had 14 friends who were robbed you would have been taking more caution.

After the first home invasions done by the Manson family, people were on edge and took measures to protect themselves. Guns sales in LA tripled, celebrities took extra caution.

Fabio spends little to no time talking about getting robbed but talks politics.

If the robbery in fact happened it could be like the "Bling Ring" who robbed Paris Hilton and others. They were bored rich kids who did it for kicks.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What I don't get is after the 3rd or 4th person he knows got robbed, it never occurred to not keep valuables in the house, or at least in a safe?

Remember when Paris Hilton got robbed a few years ago? The ones who broke in got the key from under the mat.
Where would he keep his valuables if not in his house?
People can break into safes too .
Even if he didn't have his watches in a safe it's not right to say basically he was asking for it .

A home is a personal space and shouldn't be violated , if someone can't even feel safe in their own home where can they feel safe ?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
After watching it I have to agree. He spends more time talking politics than the robbery itself.

It doesn't seem quite real, and if you really had 14 friends who were robbed you would have been taking more caution.

After the first home invasions done by the Manson family, people were on edge and took measures to protect themselves. Guns sales in LA tripled, celebrities took extra caution.

Fabio spends little to no time talking about getting robbed but talks politics.

If the robbery in fact happened it could be like the "Bling Ring" who robbed Paris Hilton and others. They were bored rich kids who did it for kicks.
The show he was on ( Tucker Carlson ) is a political show . It would actually be unusual if he didn't talk about politics on the show .

You think he's making the whole thing up and perhaps didn't even get robbed ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies