Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:38 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I hate to be the bearer of "bad" news, but Byrd disavowed the Klan by no later than 1951 at the theoretical maximum, barring a more precise date that I don't know about as of now. Even that is a latest possible date based on this Snopes link. It actually said he joined in the late 1940s but quit about a year after he joined. So even assuming he joined in 1949, he left "about a year after joining", which would be 1950 - or perhaps mid-1951 at latest if you allow for both the possibility of late '49 and "about" to mean "a little over a year" to mean 18 months max! Snopes already lists the Byrd remarks of his leaving the KKK as taking place in 1952,between 12 months (min) and 3 whole years (max) before the landmark Brown Decision and an extra year on top of that before Rosa Parks on the bus, and over a dozen years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

So the "infamous" photo of Byrd kissing Hillary, taken in 2004, occurred over half a century after he disavowed the KKK. Even the very beginning of Bill's administration was 40 years minimum after Byrd disavowed the KKK. Just give up on this Byrd in the Klan spiel. It doesn't enhance either of your respective credibilities.
So, a "disavowal" from a Grand Kleagle is good enough, so long as he's sporting a (D) after his name.

Yet, demonstrably false statements smearing Republicans and conservatives must be investigated whether there is a disavowal or not. In fact, fabrications about alleged "racism" are tolerated and encouraged by liberals, and usually just accepted as true with no investigation whatsoever, so long as the target of the smear isn't a Democrat.

You left wingers really are too much. The good news is that most people don't buy the manufactured racism the Democrats have been peddling lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 04:57 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So, a "disavowal" from a Grand Kleagle is good enough, so long as he's sporting a (D) after his name.

Yet, demonstrably false statements smearing Republicans and conservatives must be investigated whether there is a disavowal or not. In fact, fabrications about alleged "racism" are tolerated and encouraged by liberals, and usually just accepted as true with no investigation whatsoever, so long as the target of the smear isn't a Democrat.

You left wingers really are too much. The good news is that most people don't buy the manufactured racism the Democrats have been peddling lately.
Party has nothing to do with it. Disavowal from anyone, coupled with a lack of strong positive evidence (or a long, long string of circumstantial evidence) following the disavowal IS enough for me.

If you can show me a "demonstrably false statement" about a Republican making a similarly or less outrageous statement about a similarly sensitive subject matter AND the disavowal qualifies for my first sentence, then I'm all ears - so to speak.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

Robert Byrd was much beloved in WV. Do you think they all loved a Klansman?

Old 05-01-2017, 05:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Proof that it didn't happen?

You have provided no proof. Your word is no good on this

Yet you have provided no proof

Yet you have provided no proof

The immoral and ethically bankrupt left doesn't care about racism or sexism. How could they when they elected hillary?

It wasn't Trump who called black teenagers super predators or relied on advice from a recruiter for the klan. Or said muslims rioted over a video because they are crazy. Or blamed it on all the woman when her husband was banging the staff. That was your filthy candidate.
Well, when all 17 agencies agree with interference and even Tillerson admits there was.. Just because of inability to state it because it is CLASSIFIED.. Doesn't equate to NO proof. Meanwhile Trump espouses lies with facts too easily disproven.. yet gets accepted as facts ( Alternative ones at that) !!

I am getting more and more validated on some posters who somehow equate Trump's facts as truths.. to CIA and other agencies as false simply means Trump is operating under completely different rules of engagement!!

I hate to say though, that Trump will never be able to take over the USA like Putin did, or Turkey's leader ( which were supposed democracies) .. American Constitution is FAR stronger than TRUMP will ever be!! Bannon's agenda of "Deconstruction" is doomed for failure.. as is Trump IF he keeps up this charade!

Anyway, the Market place has already decided.. Don't over react to what comes out of Trump's mouth.. it's BS/Rhetoric.. means NOTHING.. What does that tell you loyal Trumpets?? IF you have money in the Market or have holdings that feed your income.. best HEDGE your bets. With Trump's loose verbiage and contradictions.. what's the bet on a Nuclear war, or causing ally's to lose faith in his FALSE Statement. Especially when the POTUS continually contradicts what his representatives say in those foreign Countries!!

South Korea could become a HUUUGE problem given election possibility of an ANTI-American candidate leading in the polls there!!

This SHOULD not be a LEFT or RIGHT issue at all.. but an AMERICAN ISSUE!! Too much is made of anti-LEFT or ANTI-MEDIA .. Heads up~~ It's already getting old ( in the first 101 days of presidency)

Old 05-01-2017, 05:47 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup. I loved one of his speechs where his own supporters did it after they were handed them. The Russian thing isnt going away, and every day some new detail emerges. Just how Nixon went down.
You continue to be one of the most dishonest posters in here. Sad

Quote:

THIS^^^^

The hypocrisy, arrogance, double speak and double standards, the abject failure of the left has led to them having less power than in 80 years!! What do they do: pour more gas into the seizing engine and go full throttle down the same road.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

We’ve long subscribed to the notion that leftists are freakin’ bananas. There’s plenty of real-world evidence to back it up. Making up a new gender every week. Demanding for the rights of pedophiles. Even having multiple nervous breakdowns because their candidate lost (see all stories post November 8th). Which is hilarious, we’ll happily admit. Progressives have done a stellar job of making themselves out to be cuckoo. But now it looks like there’s empirical evidence to back up the idea that leftists are mentally ill. Charts and all…
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/st...-mentally-ill/

Old 05-01-2017, 06:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I didn't vote for him either, but I did smile when Hillary lost.

I was just hopeful we'd get decent SCOTUS picks.

Although I like many of his campaign promises, I never believed he'd follow through.
I'm the exact same way and we are not alone. As long as it wasn't hillary

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 05-01-2017 at 06:31 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I hate to be the bearer of "bad" news, but Byrd disavowed the Klan by no later than 1951 at the theoretical maximum, barring a more precise date that I don't know about as of now. Even that is a latest possible date based on this Snopes link. It actually said he joined in the late 1940s but quit about a year after he joined. So even assuming he joined in 1949, he left "about a year after joining", which would be 1950 - or perhaps mid-1951 at latest if you allow for both the possibility of late '49 and "about" to mean "a little over a year" to mean 18 months max! Snopes already lists the Byrd remarks of his leaving the KKK as taking place in 1952,between 12 months (min) and 3 whole years (max) before the landmark Brown Decision and an extra year on top of that before Rosa Parks on the bus, and over a dozen years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
We know when he left and the reasons why. It was for a political career. George Wallace did the exact same thing. He changed in order to further his political career.
Again he recruited 150 members for a klan chapter. Gloss over that all you want while deflecting from the disgusting pig hillary. It doesn't change one thing, not one.

Quote:
So the "infamous" photo of Byrd kissing Hillary, taken in 2004, occurred over half a century after he disavowed the KKK. Even the very beginning of Bill's administration was 40 years minimum after Byrd disavowed the KKK. Just give up on this Byrd in the Klan spiel. It doesn't enhance either of your respective credibilities.
Give it up because you don't want the truth out about the filthy racist and sexist hillary? Funny how you never touched on her since my criticism was about her bigotry and the racists things she does.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well, when all 17 agencies agree with interference and even Tillerson admits there was.. Just because of inability to state it because it is CLASSIFIED.. Doesn't equate to NO proof. Meanwhile Trump espouses lies with facts too easily disproven.. yet gets accepted as facts ( Alternative ones at that) !!
Three agencies. It was only three. CIA, FBI, and NSA. The final report only had those 3 agencies names on it. You didn't look into the facts.
Tillerson mentioned campaign not election.

Quote:
I am getting more and more validated on some posters who somehow equate Trump's facts as truths.. to CIA and other agencies as false simply means Trump is operating under completely different rules of engagement!!

I hate to say though, that Trump will never be able to take over the USA like Putin did, or Turkey's leader ( which were supposed democracies) .. American Constitution is FAR stronger than TRUMP will ever be!! Bannon's agenda of "Deconstruction" is doomed for failure.. as is Trump IF he keeps up this charade!
Who in the world would want one person to take over? You're the only one saying that.

Quote:
Anyway, the Market place has already decided.. Don't over react to what comes out of Trump's mouth.. it's BS/Rhetoric.. means NOTHING.. What does that tell you loyal Trumpets?? IF you have money in the Market or have holdings that feed your income.. best HEDGE your bets. With Trump's loose verbiage and contradictions.. what's the bet on a Nuclear war, or causing ally's to lose faith in his FALSE Statement. Especially when the POTUS continually contradicts what his representatives say in those foreign Countries!!
Agreed. But there has been no proof concerning the Russians hacking the election against hillary.

Quote:
South Korea could become a HUUUGE problem given election possibility of an ANTI-American candidate leading in the polls there!!
South Korea is not one of our states and all our troops should be brought home to protect our borders.

Quote:
This SHOULD not be a LEFT or RIGHT issue at all.. but an AMERICAN ISSUE!! Too much is made of anti-LEFT or ANTI-MEDIA .. Heads up~~ It's already getting old ( in the first 101 days of presidency)
It's always about policy. Its the progressive left and right vs conservatives.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:35 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'm surprised Trump was not waving a Russian flag himself.
Why would he do that? He is not best buddies with the Russians, contrary to liberal myth.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Pure BS due to the fact that this drivel has long been debunked:
How about a link to prove that this has been debunked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies