Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,937,426 times

Advertisements

Regardless of your political views, do you find the seemingly endless marches and protests since the election of Trump to be less effective and sometimes even counter productive? We have had the womens march, countless marches regarding immigrants, marches about science, marches about the environment. I mean even issues that I actually care about, I'm sick of the marches already. It just seems like every day there is another march on another topic that just lessens the impact.

Aren't there better more effective things to do than "march" about some of these issues? Seems like its just an easy way to check the box and say "hey, I marched, not my fault things aren't going the way I want them to go" or its just a way to share a picture or hashtag with your friends on social media to do the bare minimum to say hey I care about this. What about actually doing things like starting charities, donating to charities, or who knows what else? It just doesn't seem like a "march" does anything, kind of like when politicians and pundits like to tell us how we need to have a "national conversation" about things...or kind of like starting useless threads on internet message boards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 08:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,442,141 times
Nope, I just hope all these protesters show up at the next election cycle and vote.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 PM

29,684 posts, read 24,726,272 times
I'm glad that deadbeats feel a sudden urge to get off their arse and do something. Unfortunately, the things they are doing are counterproductive, and make this nation appear weak and fractured.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,937,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Nope, I just hope all these protesters show up at the next election cycle and vote.
I should have added actually voting to the list, good call.

Also, I can't spell fatigue.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:15 PM

15,583 posts, read 10,310,046 times
I honestly don't care if these people march as long as they don't impede traffic, cause destruction of private property, or physically attack other people. Protest is their right. If wearing silly hats or recruiting wealthy movie stars who jet around on private yachts and planes to join in makes them feel better, so be it.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:18 PM

21,018 posts, read 19,475,265 times
What else would you expect them to do? ...work?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,722,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Regardless of your political views, do you find the seemingly endless marches and protests since the election of Trump to be less effective and sometimes even counter productive? We have had the womens march, countless marches regarding immigrants, marches about science, marches about the environment. I mean even issues that I actually care about, I'm sick of the marches already. It just seems like every day there is another march on another topic that just lessens the impact.

Aren't there better more effective things to do than "march" about some of these issues? Seems like its just an easy way to check the box and say "hey, I marched, not my fault things aren't going the way I want them to go" or its just a way to share a picture or hashtag with your friends on social media to do the bare minimum to say hey I care about this. What about actually doing things like starting charities, donating to charities, or who knows what else? It just doesn't seem like a "march" does anything, kind of like when politicians and pundits like to tell us how we need to have a "national conversation" about things...or kind of like starting useless threads on internet message boards.
The protests aren't organic though, they're being paid for by foreign powers to undermine our democracy.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,013,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The protests aren't organic though, they're being paid for by foreign powers to undermine our democracy.
Well then, somebody owes me, and a whole lot of my friends and family, a lot of big checks. Tell us, Mason, where do we go to get our pay?

The really sad part about your post is that I think you actually believe it.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,336,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I honestly don't care if these people march as long as they don't impede traffic, cause destruction of private property, or physically attack other people. Protest is their right. If wearing silly hats or recruiting wealthy movie stars who jet around on private yachts and planes to join in makes them feel better, so be it.
No chance for that around here. Seattle is so full of those nuts they elected a council woman (Sawant) who actively encourages people to block traffic and disrupt the airport. She and her supporters are domestic terrorists.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies