Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 04:21 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I guess I'll bite on this one. So recorded history is wrong that the South was an agricultural economy pretty much based on slavery and the South had little manufacturing capability, about 29 percent of the railroad tracks, and only 13 percent of the nation's banks? And the North even outproduced the South in agriculture; in 1860, the Northern states produced half of the nation's corn, four-fifths of its wheat, and seven-eighths of its oats due to northern agriculture becoming increasingly mechanized while the South agriculture remained labor intensive.

But in your version of history, the North was jealous of the South being so prosperous and that was the cause of the war? Interesting view on the situation.
Boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 04:33 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I guess I'll bite on this one. So recorded history is wrong that the South was an agricultural economy pretty much based on slavery and the South had little manufacturing capability, about 29 percent of the railroad tracks, and only 13 percent of the nation's banks? And the North even outproduced the South in agriculture; in 1860, the Northern states produced half of the nation's corn, four-fifths of its wheat, and seven-eighths of its oats due to northern agriculture becoming increasingly mechanized while the South agriculture remained labor intensive.

But in your version of history, the North was jealous of the South being so prosperous and that was the cause of the war? Interesting view on the situation.
You forgot the part about northerners forcing their disgustful sinful ways on the innocent southerners.

Also, forgot to mention about how the north started the war by attacking Fort Sumter.

Anyway, back to Trump.

There's a good chance Bannon put him up to this as a call out to the white supremacists in his base.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/jac...s-revisionism/

Alas, Trump doesn't have the attention span or the cognitive ability to absorb the white nationalist talking points Bannon feeds him.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-02-2017 at 04:50 AM..

Old 05-02-2017, 04:40 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
"FWIW: On Twitter, Trump clarified his remarks.

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump
President Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before the Civil War started, saw it coming and was angry. Would never have let it happen!"

I call BS on this one because its coherent, a compete sentence, and has punctuation. None of which Trump is known for.

Maybe he let someone borrow his phone during dinner Mar a Lago. That wouldn't be a security issue at all.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:46 AM

Apparently, Trump is reading a book on Jackson but can't seem to get past the first page before he gets distracted.

Donald Trump tries to read a book.

Know the feeling.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"FWIW: On Twitter, Trump clarified his remarks.

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump
President Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before the Civil War started, saw it coming and was angry. Would never have let it happen!"

I call BS on this one because its coherent, a compete sentence, and has punctuation. None of which Trump is known for.

Maybe he let someone borrow his phone during dinner Mar a Lago. That wouldn't be a security issue at all.
It's pretty unlikely he wrote that one.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:00 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,020 times
I hope there is a group of Psychiatrists looking into the mental stability of Trump.

History has shown his type of reckless divisive narcissist personality creates global instability.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:06 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The plain folks of the land got their heart's desire.

M orons A re G overning A merica
morons vs elitist thugs who dress well and speak properly

Old 05-02-2017, 05:25 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It's pretty unlikely he wrote that one.
This administration would most likely be more suitably served by looking into the idea of ventriloquism.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:26 AM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Trump's biggest indiscretion is that he's naïve enough to argue with children -- many of them well past the legal age of majority. He should stop sweating the small stuff, allow the economy to "regulate" itself, work to dismantle much of our overbuilt public sector, and let the whiny little brats embarrass themselves. The rest will fall into place, with the Klinton Kiddie Korps braying in protest every step of the way.

I voted for Johnson; but better Trump than ANY Democrat! and what I've seen in the last few months, especially the infantile behavior of a bunch of sore losers and overgrown children, suits me just fine!
So why does he continuously bring up things like this that are a distraction to his work, particularly when he doesn't have a remote idea what he is talking about. Contradicting crowd size, weather reports, who cares, shouldn't he be focusing on more important things. That's the issue he is constantly sweating the small stuff and meanwhile he doesn't have the slightest idea what is in the legislation he is passing around. Why is he even commenting on the history of the civil war with everything else going on in the world.

He has the attention span of a gnat and constantly changes his mind, how can anyone in their right mind take him seriously. I thought we had seen the most embarrassing week but this one takes the cake.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:30 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
..or maybe President Xi.

Well, that depends. Is Uncle Grover the President of the United States?
Maybe this was the problem. There was no other world leader who could give Trump a 10 minute history lesson on Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies