Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:44 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times

Advertisements

[quote=Roboteer;48013337]EXCELLENT, if true.

PE conditions are what make health plans so incredibly expensive.

It's good that we can have a choice about whether to include them on our plans.

The best plan, of course, would let each individual opt out of he wanted to. Perhaps some of the states can write their own acceptance of the Federal program, with phrasing that calls for that.[/QUOTE

What you said is both selfish and myopic and ignores those that have a pre existing condition through no fault of their own, and would as a result not be able to obtain insurance they can afford.

There are literally millions of people like this in the USA. It's one of the reasons Obama Care was put in place to handle, in the first place.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:49 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So in other words it is in fact in the bill, and it is you that is lying.
It's disingenuous. Kind of like saying Medicaid expansion is in the ACA, but that didn't mean a hill of beans to all of the uninsured people in the red states, whose Republican legislators refused to allow them access to it. It will be the same thing here. Millions upon millions of people will end up without health insurance. And this after Trump promised something wonderful that would cover all Americans.

But I guess you are so used to Trump's obfuscations and outright lies that they don't trouble you in the least.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:55 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So in other words it is in fact in the bill, and it is you that is lying.
If it can be opted out of and it will in most if not all red states than there is no universal pre existing coverage like Donny promised and stated on numerous occasions. Remember everyone is going to be covered and it's going to be great insurance.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:58 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
The average American is borderline retarded when it comes to politics and how things work. You realize that the only goal right now is to get this thing past the house. The rest is inconsequential.

There is a huge portion of this country that will see the headline "House Pass Bill; Ends Obama Care"

They'll say "Mission Accomplished!"

Doesn't matter that the bill has no chance to make it in the senate. Doesn't matter what so ever that nothing changes. They are desperate to chalk up any kind of win because just seeing the headline is enough to keep the idiots believing they are doing something.

They are desperate for good news, any news.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post

Doesn't matter that the bill has no chance to make it in the senate. Doesn't matter what so ever that nothing changes. They are desperate to chalk up any kind of win because just seeing the headline is enough to keep the idiots believing they are doing something.

They are desperate for good news, any news.
This is true. It's pure politics from the Republicans in congress and the WH right now. They just want the perception that they are doing something. This is similar to the dozens and dozens of times that congress signed ACA repeal bills while Obama was president. They did it for show only.

They are doing the same thing now. This bill won't get past the US Senate and everyone knows it. But then they can place blame on the Democrats.

Politics is the same as it was before with Trump at the helm. The establishment still exists, the swamp hasn't been drained and the republicans are still playing political games with healthcare and Trump has joined forces with Ryan on the political games.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:25 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
If it can be opted out of and it will in most if not all red states than there is no universal pre existing coverage like Donny promised and stated on numerous occasions. Remember everyone is going to be covered and it's going to be great insurance.
It will give all those people that live in red states a reason to move to blue states, and quite a few of them have preexisting conditions, obesity, lung cancer. Their problem, they elected these representatives.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:30 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It will give all those people that live in red states a reason to move to blue states, and quite a few of them have preexisting conditions, obesity, lung cancer. Their problem, they elected these representatives.

actually the opposite is whats happening, nobody retires and moves up north meanwhile my state has tons upon tons of New Yorkers and Bawstoners moving here still and turning my state blue

there is no realistic chance Ill move to a blue state though my company has previously tried many times to get me to move to CA... not only no, but hell no.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:37 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
actually the opposite is whats happening, nobody retires and moves up north meanwhile my state has tons upon tons of New Yorkers and Bawstoners moving here still and turning my state blue

there is no realistic chance Ill move to a blue state though my company has previously tried many times to get me to move to CA... not only no, but hell no.
People retire to states with quality health care, besides most retirees from the NE can afford to move places other than Fl they have health care coverage. But they will not generally move to an area that has poor services. That is why Fl is the primary destination. Some of those red states have some big problems down the line if this flys but it's only the house if it even gets through them.

Retirees move to low cost areas, who knew

Old 05-01-2017, 04:38 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
EXCELLENT, if true.

PE conditions are what make health plans so incredibly expensive.

It's good that we can have a choice about whether to include them on our plans.

The best plan, of course, would let each individual opt out of he wanted to. Perhaps some of the states can write their own acceptance of the Federal program, with phrasing that calls for that.
Obviously, those who have PE conditions would want them included, and those who don't would opt out. Which is what makes it prohibitively expensive for those with PE conditions. That is what Obamacare set out to address, and a large majority of Americans think we should retain.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:42 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree with this. It's obvious he never read the first one because he had no idea what the Freedom Caucus was talking about when they tried to discuss their objections to it with him. He appears to be functionally illiterate, so these kinds of things are probably way over his head.

Most likely whoever has the unenviable task of trying to explain these things to him told him the preexisting conditions were still there, but either neglected to add that they can be dropped at will by any state, or they did tell him and he doesn't remember.

And frankly, I doubt he cares much either way. He just wants his "win," damn it!
I'm to the point now where I just shake my head. I've been in Las Vegas for a week, so I've been away from most of the news. I'm just catching up...I'm watching these interviews, and I still can't believe people voted for this moron, AND many of them still support him. What the hell is this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies