Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times

Advertisements

I have not seen the bill yet and no else on this forum has either. Preexisting condition has always been on the forefront of any health reform. Here you have folks the left is trying to spread anther lie.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No ,it's ryans bill and ryan hates old people.
Only old people have Preexisting conditions? Really?

WOW....

Old 05-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So in other words it is in fact in the bill, and it is you that is lying.
Exactly, and the left this support this (in this thread are applauding the OP, so damn sad).

Old 05-01-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's disingenuous. Kind of like saying Medicaid expansion is in the ACA, but that didn't mean a hill of beans to all of the uninsured people in the red states, whose Republican legislators refused to allow them access to it. It will be the same thing here. Millions upon millions of people will end up without health insurance. And this after Trump promised something wonderful that would cover all Americans.

But I guess you are so used to Trump's obfuscations and outright lies that they don't trouble you in the least.
LOL....still waiting on my $2500.....keeping my Dr.....Keeping my insurance...

The left has amazingly selective memories here lately.....

Old 05-01-2017, 04:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Honestly I don't think he has a clue as to what's in the bill. That's way too complex for him. I doubt he knows he is lying.

I think you're right and I'm not sure which is worse. Willfully lying or just ignorant of what is in his own bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I have not seen the bill yet and no else on this forum has either. Preexisting condition has always been on the forefront of any health reform. Here you have folks the left is trying to spread anther lie.
We've listened to Republicans discuss it all day. Are they lying?

Old 05-01-2017, 05:00 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This is what the people writing the bill are talking about. The bill they are currently working on. Not the plan Trump said he had ready during the campaign, the one where it was so easy to fix all healthcare issues, the government plan that would cover all Americans and the government will pay for everything.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Exactly, and the left this support this (in this thread are applauding the OP, so damn sad).
For those with reading comprehension issues:

Lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow states to opt out of Obamacare protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions - provisions that force insurers to charge sick people and healthy people the same rates. It was unclear when or if a vote would be scheduled.

White House seeks quick vote on healthcare overhaul but hurdles remain | Reuters

Old 05-01-2017, 05:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree with this. It's obvious he never read the first one because he had no idea what the Freedom Caucus was talking about when they tried to discuss their objections to it with him. He appears to be functionally illiterate, so these kinds of things are probably way over his head.

Most likely whoever has the unenviable task of trying to explain these things to him told him the preexisting conditions were still there, but either neglected to add that they can be dropped at will by any state, or they did tell him and he doesn't remember.

And frankly, I doubt he cares much either way. He just wants his "win," damn it!
I don't care either.

I favor full repeal.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:11 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Pre existing, 100% of people required to have insurance all the time ....

THAT makes your healthcare the cheapest. STOP. THINK. USE MATH!

i should not have to explain 4th grade math to you. You have a computer, you can type and read. Thus you can do the math. The obvious solution is to put 100% of people on state health care in one form or another, that is required and that covers everything with zero caps .

that would give us a risk pool of 300 million! that is the cheapest way to distribute risk.

If you think you are not overly exposed than you are either WRONG or

1 rich/ access to a source of monies.
2 on a state program of one sort or another that you cannot be removed from

3 Wrong.

Your employer does not have to keep you forever, cobra runs out.

Your entire family needs to be covered unless you are willing to let them die to save you money. Brothers, sisters etc..

learn more about risk, public healthcare for 100% of the pop is such a no brainer everyone is doing it excluding the USA. IT IS A NO BRAINER MATE.

we buy and sell risk everyday, figure it out, think! Try to figure out why it is CHEAPER for you to spend more .

THINK don't spew what the telly tells you to, think.
Hey and then we could probably keep our doctor! Yay! I miss having any doctor take my insurance, seriously. I've only found one in two years that actually took my healthcare.gov plans. ONE. Talk about a little white lie. They all lie because our healthcare system lacks a lot. Single payer is the only way to go.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Donny in his most recent interview with a CBS news show host blatantly lied about pre existing conditions coverage still being in the new and revised health care bill,which could be voted on later this week.

Clearly it is not, as the legislation allows a state or states to opt out of p/e coverage if they choose to do so. So either "Little Hands" is confused as usual, or he is just straight up lying, which is where I come out.

Making America Lie Again!
Let's see ...Obama: "If you like your doc-tor, you can keep your doc-tor." "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan." "The average family will save $2,500/year"

How many other lies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies