Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:51 AM

1,204 posts, read 873,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
As a liberal, I am totally fine with Trump wishing to meet with Krazee Kim. I am all for trying to resolve this conflict without any deaths.

However, "an honor" to meet him? What the ****?

If there's one thing Donald ISN'T, it's well-spoken.

This may be the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
[/color]

You don't consider all the testing, troop movements etc as hostile circumstances?
I think the NK leader is trying to get attention.

Quote:
And don't forget. NK is already a nuclear state.
Yes, I know.

Quote:
How about the grief that Obama got over Cuba? There is a real hostile country for you. So hostile that Trump Organization wanted to set up a hotel.
A citizen creating business in these countries is a lot different than a President or person in congress doing it, or making polices to better the dictator. Look how Mexico treats their people, how many Americans go each year and support their economy and stay at the hotels?

See why you people would never understand President Trump's tax returns, first off most don't even understand business, capitalism and entertainment. American hotels if accepted in third world countries, could help their economy and let the people see there may be a better way. Look what McDonalds has done in countries.

As for President Obama he was getting flax from Cuban citizens and American Cubans who were not agreeing with his policies. Plus, I believe Marco Rubio knows more about the country, than President Obama, Beyoncé and JayZ seemed to want to know.

Here is this problem...... Obama's Cuba policy makes a bad situation worse | Miami Herald

You may never want to drink Cuban Rum again......

Old 05-02-2017, 10:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am fully in favor of President Trump traveling to North Korea. Fully in favor.
^^^^This!

Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Nothing like 2 psychos legitimizing each other.
Spot on! The NK statement was complimentary of Trump which set Trump's trap.

Quote:
DPRK Today, a publication which frequently serves as a government mouthpiece for propaganda. Though the endorsement did not come directly from Kim himself, the praise likely reflects the oppressive regime's sentiments toward the candidate, experts told NK News. The editorial was written by Chinese North Korean scholar Han Yong-mook, and claimed that the media has been portraying Trump unfairly throughout the election.

"It turns out that Trump is not the rough-talking, screwy, ignorant candidate they say he is, but is actually a wise politician and a prescient presidential candidate," the editorial read, according to Reuters. Trump's promises to hash out issues with North Korea through "negotiations and not war" would subsequently free America from "living every minute and second on pins and needles in fear of a nuclear strike," it continued.
https://www.bustle.com/articles/1754...you-hysterical

Old 05-02-2017, 10:34 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I think everyone is wordsmithing here. Honored as in honored to get the chance to solve things diplomatically maybe?
now that sounds like wordsmithing.

unless you engineer content that doesn't exist into what he said, it doesn't sound good.

is what you suggested what he actually meant? who knows.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
And Obama said virtually the same thing 10 years ago.

Quote, please?

Old 05-02-2017, 10:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
"I'd be willing to meet with him under the right circumstances." Diplomatic and wholly appropriate. I have zero issues with this.

"I'd be honored to do it." Completely inappropriate when talking about a murdering leader like Kim. He should have stopped after the first sentence, but that seems to be a recurring theme with The Orange One.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
I wonder if Donny would consider a Pay-Per-View special titled The Clash of the Yuge Egos the 'right' circumstance?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I think everyone is wordsmithing here. Honored as in honored to get the chance to solve things diplomatically maybe?
He used the word "Honored" followed by "under certain conditions" if I read it correctly. This is a qualifier for the word "Honored".
If those conditions were that the angry little fat kid agreed to stopping his Nuclear aspirations and quit developing ICBM's then what's the problem?

Yes, the angry little fat kid would still be a dictator and a loon but we've dealt with worse...

Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
What a great President we have, so proud of our President!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies