Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Jordan Edwards was a straight "A" freshman at Mesquite High School and student-athlete who was loved by his family and peers alike, he said.

Just thought I would post this in case people are wondering if he was a bad kid
It doesn't really matter if the kid was a honor student or had been in trouble, what happened was a tragedy regardless of the kids background. It appears to me the officer was in the wrong by his actions and if it is shown by evidence so, as it seem that is how it is unfolding, then the officer should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Has nothing to do with wondering why they used an old photo. He looks about 12 there.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh, and by the way......

I sure hope every single person that says "blue lives matter" is outraged by the actions of this police officer and demand justice.....
Blue and black lives both matter. All lives really do matter. Someone loves us all.

When cops do wrong they need to pay for it.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:13 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Texas police shoot dead 15-year-old boy Jordan Edwards as he leaves party in Balch Springs | London Evening Standard

The police are a true racist criminal organization at this point. The biggest in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
"A true racist criminal organization" because a kid got shot? Anytime someone gets shot it's sad, but it's not as if the cops are all racists & are out hunting down Black people. When you have billions of police interactions annually, statistically there will always be incidents of bad shootings. It proves nothing outside of the particular incident.
I don't know the particulars of this case so I will not comment on it.

But Mason is right. Keep in mind there are over a million police officers in this country. 99% are never going to shoot anyone.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:14 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
They used an old photo so he doesn't look, for lack of a better term, threatening. He was probably a very nice kid and did nothing to warrant getting shot, but if he looks like a dangerous black kid people will grasp at any straw.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Doesn't matter if they were drinking or not. In my day everyone scattered when the cops busted a drinking or skinny-dip party - all fun and games and no chance of cops making it deadly.

And that's exactly what happened in this case. Everyone decided it was time to go and scattered. I've done the same in my youth - partying where we shouldn't have been. Back then, we didn't have to worry about getting shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Blue and black lives both matter. All lives really do matter. Someone loves us all.

When cops do wrong they need to pay for it.
^^^^^ This.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM

932 posts, read 899,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh, and by the way......

I sure hope every single person that says "blue lives matter" is outraged by the actions of this police officer and demand justice.....
Of course they are not, it's just one bad apple.

But let a minority do something bad and they all get catorgorized as bad

Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 AM

932 posts, read 899,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It doesn't really matter if the kid was a honor student or had been in trouble, what happened was a tragedy regardless of the kids background. It appears to me the officer was in the wrong by his actions and if it is shown by evidence so, as it seem that is how it is unfolding, then the officer should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Has nothing to do with wondering why they used an old photo. He looks about 12 there.
Sure sure it doesn't matter because he was a good kid, but if the kid was bad or a thug then it would matter

Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We'll have to resist the urge to take the media and police fake news at face value and wait until the dash cam video presents the facts and then we can decide what the real story is. It might be that the police firearms have hair triggers. It might be time to have the police and federal agents go back to revolvers.

If I can't trust you with a rifle, I can't trust you with a revolver. If I can trust you with a revolver, I can trust you with a rifle.

I'm willing to bet that the vast, VAST majority of police fatal shootings involve handguns.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
They used an old photo so he doesn't look, for lack of a better term, threatening. He was probably a very nice kid and did nothing to warrant getting shot, but if he looks like a dangerous black kid people will grasp at any straw.
But isnt that also deceitful?

Old 05-02-2017, 08:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I don't know the particulars of this case so I will not comment on it.

But Mason is right. Keep in mind there are over a million police officers in this country. 99% are never going to shoot anyone.
100% agree. But what bothers some of us is when the rare bad shooting occurs there's this tendency with police departments to circle the wagons and stonewall instead of being open and forthcoming. Getting information and details of what occurred is like pulling teeth. This shooting is a case in point. Why are we still waiting for the dash-cam and body video to be released?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies