Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 05:58 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,689,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Just read an article at Bloomberg about the demise of ESPN.

They give every reason in the article except the main one...of why people are leaving them in droves.

People tune in to hear about sports and sports figures...mostly as it relates to sports.

They are tuning out because they don't want to hear any more political and politically correct nonsense.

I guess it's the tree in the forest analogy....

If we don't report it, did it happen?
Again you have no link to PROVE the FALSE ACCUSATIONS YOU HAVE MADE,your post fails.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
are you claiming this didn't happen? or merely diverting because you're embarrassed?

Ok, I'm in a benevolent mood this morning........I AM SO EMBARRASSED ! There, feel better now ?

Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 AM

45 posts, read 37,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Just read an article at Bloomberg about the demise of ESPN.

They give every reason in the article except the main one...of why people are leaving them in droves.

People tune in to hear about sports and sports figures...mostly as it relates to sports.

They are tuning out because they don't want to hear any more political and politically correct nonsense.

I guess it's the tree in the forest analogy....

If we don't report it, did it happen?
Nice try "fordtrucks". I heard it was because of cord cutting and ESPN paying too much for sports broadcasting rights. You know...the real reasons.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, I'm in a benevolent mood this morning........I AM SO EMBARRASSED ! There, feel better now ?
that's what i figured. i'd be embarrassed too

Old 05-02-2017, 06:09 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
are you claiming this didn't happen? or merely diverting because you're embarrassed?

That 99.99999944% of all Americans don't know about this story implies that it probably happened, but it is not the cause of the downfall of ESPN. You guys seem to have a real problem with the understanding of cause and effect.

It is very likely that ESPN has lost some fringe viewers because they did not agree with the political views that ESPN espoused. It is very likely that those fringe viewers, in their narrow worldly view, project that all Americans think like they do, and therefore believe it is the sole reason for the supposed downfall of ESPN. Further, it is also very likely that as more and more Americans are cutting the cord, that ESPN is getting less and less royalties.

Your argument is so flawed. I wonder if you are consistent with it? I mean, have you concluded that the reason for all the empty seats at NASCAR events is due to the Redneck Neocon good-ole boys running NASCAR just don't get it, and people are coming to races to see them race, and not to see a bunch of racist, sexist fat white-guys parade a token woman (Danika) and a token black guy (Doherty) to prove their open-mindedness?

FWIW, I don't believe that, I really don't watch NASCAR because it's gone corporate, just like any other sport, and the PC-Right with their lacking understanding of competition, and "fairness" has ruined the sport. The sport is run by Rednecks who's vote does not have anything to do with the sport, but by your reasoning, Republicans are the reason for the demise of NASCAR.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I 'm saying it didn't happen,sure as hell not for the reasons the OP is trying to stretch! ESPN is a business and it must make a profit,pretty simple ...no liberal crap ...straight business.look at what they put out for Monday Night Football alone.They have made some bad moves's but it ain't politics no matter how much the OP or anyone else cries.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 AM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
I totally watched ESPN for years and have become less and less a fan as they've gone full PC....I'm pretty sure they've put off millions of their former fans. That's their right and so is laying off people because of their ineptitude.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:11 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
Quote:
that's what i figured. i'd be embarrassed too

And I would be embarrassed if I used right wing news rags as my total source of information. If you want to see an example of "fake news" as your leader likes to say, look no further. You really need to broaden your range of information.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson59 View Post
nice try "fordtrucks". I heard it was because of cord cutting and espn paying too much for sports broadcasting rights. You know...the real reasons.

bingo!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2017, 06:14 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And I would be embarrassed if I used right wing news rags as my total source of information. If you want to see an example of "fake news" as your leader likes to say, look no further. You really need to broaden your range of information.
so you are calling this 'fake news'? make up your mind

i read a plethora of sources, including the Washington compost, abc news, Christian science monitor, AP, NYT. i can give you a more 'msm-type' link if it will soothe your hurt feelings...

just let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies