Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Do you need to be spoon fed everything? ESPN's declining viewership and laying off employees are all over the news.
They way overprice their programming, especially in view of declining cable subscriberships. They rode a big wave through the 80s, 90s and 00s but that wave crested a while back and now it's beginning to crash.

Angry frightened hate radio followers tend to see everything in the political context that's fed to them.

It's so much easier than thinking about what's really happening.

"It's them durn libruls!"

Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No liberal crap? ESPN espouses transgender facilities "choice." Sorry, but my sympathy for and support of transgenders ends the minute a naked anatomical male is next to me or my daughters, nieces, etc., in a girls'/women's locker/shower room at school, the park district, university, the public pool, the gym, etc., because he "claims" to be a woman and believes it's his "right" to mix and mingle with half-dressed and/or naked girls/women in a public single-sex facility.

You trumpers obsess over some crazy stuff! Sounds like you obsess over tranny sex and nudity a bit too much. May want to discuss your strange obsessions with a mental health care provider- IF your right wing governor hasn't clipped all MH facilities and coverage insurance in favor of the Bible. In that case go to your closet and pray it away. Sheesh

Old 05-02-2017, 09:06 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Talk about a stretch just for some more liberal bashing.

Why not just say that ESPN as a business has lost sight of how to cater to their audience.
Part of the problem with ESPN is FS1. Part of the problem is ESPN's pricing and that Disney wants ESPN to be more like HBO than say FS1 which is typical cable. ESPN also drastically cut motorsports coverage and hadn't done NHL coverage besides playoffs in years. Then you also had social commentary on sports center as well.

Listen I'm a Walt Disney Company fan boy, but ESPN is mishandled. I rarely watch anymore. Except college lacrosse, Monday Night Football and big college football games.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You trumpers obsess over some crazy stuff! Sounds like you obsess over tranny sex and nudity a bit too much. May want to discuss your strange obsessions with a mental health care provider- IF your right wing governor hasn't clipped all MH facilities and coverage insurance in favor of the Bible. In that case go to your closet and pray it away. Sheesh
It's not Trump supporters, just the far right in general. The far right have complained about this long before Trump.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
ESPN's issues have nothing to do with politics. It has to do with broadcasting fees, cord cutting as well as the major sports all having their own channels.

I'm a liberal and don't watch ESPN as much now as I did 10 years ago? Why? Because I also have NFL network, MLB network, NHL network, NBA TV and can pull up highlights within seconds on my phone.
This is generally accurate, although politics do play a role in viewership.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:16 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
ESPN is just another company that hasn't evolved to the digital age.

From Radio Shack, ESPN, etc....it's more to do with OLD FARTZ who use OLD BUSINESS LOGIC than their political ideology

If anything, we should all be up in arms and mad at a bunch of upper and middle management who are old clownz, don't have any real skills, and are captaining sinking ships while making good salaries

Old CLOWNZ are the problem

Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
" The Liberals At ESPN Sports Just Don't Get It---The Reason For ESPN's Demise!!! "

Last summer I was trying to get some scores, flipped them on and was immediately repulsed. It was a morning crew, never again.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And some examples of how these "liberals" are killing it would be ????????
Sounds like the OPs team lost a game, and he blames "liberals" at ESPN who broadcasted it for all to see.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:37 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
OH LOOK - fordtrucks has started another liberal bashing post with no links and no facts....just stated his random, deeply biased opinion.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:51 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
ESPN's issues have nothing to do with politics. It has to do with broadcasting fees, cord cutting as well as the major sports all having their own channels.

I'm a liberal and don't watch ESPN as much now as I did 10 years ago? Why? Because I also have NFL network, MLB network, NHL network, NBA TV and can pull up highlights within seconds on my phone.
But these "cord cutters" must think that their cable service, and ESPN, are no longer worth paying for. How do you know for certain that ESPN taking on a more political tone isn't the reason, or at least one of the reasons, why these people think that ESPN is no longer worth paying for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies