Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 01:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,912,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
“When you insult one member of the CBS family, you insult us all!” Colbert began. “Mr. President, I love your presidency, I call it ‘Disgrace The Nation.’ You’re not the POTUS, you’re the ‘gloat-us.’ You’re the glutton with the button. You’re a regular ‘Gorge Washington.’ You’re the ‘presi-dunce’ but you’re turning into a real ‘prick-tator.’”
“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,” the host continued. “You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head.” And then the kicker: “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s **** holster.”

Stephen Colbert Demolishes Trump for Insulting

What do you think?
I think liberals/progressives are showing who they are. Keep in mind if we did this sort of thing in the mainstream realms as they are during their presidency, they would be calling for action against the speaker.

Make no mistake people, progressives when they get the chance will shoot you in the back of the head, kick you in a grave and then go on about how they are doing the world a service.

Look at them people, look at how they act, be afraid for when they get power next. You were warned.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,046,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Who's you guys?

Making it about ideologies is easy. I know debating a person is scary, but don't waste people's time if you're unwilling or, worse, unable to do so.
OK, perhaps you need this explained a bit better or you're just playing devil's advocate but either way, the media is in an all out frenzy trying to paint the new administration as the second coming of the Third Reich. Many in the media are dubbing themselves as part of some "resistance" movement against Trump, trying to be on the "right side of history" by going against what they perceive to be as a rising fascist power.

You don't think that is hyperbolic much? Have you not been paying attention to the news? Or are you just pretending as though you don't know what I am talking about.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,762,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Colbert made the crude comment and nobody would have HAD TO HEAR IT -- if it wasn't for the likes of Laura Ingram sharing on her facebook and now y'all heard it.

You don't watch it - why would you have been exposed to it except for someone making a thing about it. Now it's bigger than ever.

It's like you are screaming -- don't make me listen to this stuff -- lol
This, exactly.

There are any number of so-called "issues" that I would never know anything about if not for the many threads started daily about the latest outrage du jour.

I don't spend my day looking for things to be aghast about though it does seems that many do just that.

Odd behavior, IMHO.

As for the OP, if this is an accurate characterization, all I can say is that Mr. Colbert sounds as if he, like many others, is about up to here with 45's shenanigans.
Can't say that I blame him.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:40 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,754,640 times
Quote:
“When you insult one member of the CBS family, you insult us all!” Colbert began. “Mr. President, I love your presidency, I call it ‘Disgrace The Nation.’ You’re not the POTUS, you’re the ‘gloat-us.’ You’re the glutton with the button. You’re a regular ‘Gorge Washington.’ You’re the ‘presi-dunce’ but you’re turning into a real ‘prick-tator.’”
“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,” the host continued. “You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head.” And then the kicker: “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s **** holster.”

What do you think?
I think the Trump Administration should issue a directive that CBS is "off limits" for any government official to grant access for interviews until Colbert is fired and CBS issues an apology. Let's see how long they last reporting on the government from the curb?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:43 PM

10,553 posts, read 6,198,350 times
Quote:

What do you think?

Since Trump leads the charge in name calling and bad behaviour, anything that gets thrown back at him - he had it coming. Trump has set the standard for bad behaviour. Since he was elected I've seen a very very noticeable uptick in name calling on the internet. He set a very bad example to humanity.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
And this means what?

See, regardless, what you're saying isn't true. People made jokes about Obama all the time. Odds are, so did Colbert. And to those who did say any criticism was racist; **** those people too.

My point stands. To say it's unAmerican to uncritically support the president is unAmerica. It shows a lack of understanding of what the president is supposed to be.
It isn't the same. Nothing wrong with being critical of the president, attacking his positions, his ideals, his comments and actions. I am all for being critical of anyone in office, but if you are trying to say the same happened to Obama in mainstream channels, then you are out and out lying.

I have no love for Trump, but he is attacked on so many levels and in such an unprofessional and vicious manner that there is no comparison here, any claims of such is just more partisan lies to try and down play the attacks.

Go ahead though, show me the same diatribe spit out by this hack for Obama? Whats that?

Yeah... thought so.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
To racist criticism of Obama? Nope, not digging through that shameful pile. You know it happened. Let's just say that I've seen Obama's kids called "baboonlets" on this board.
Yeah, it happened, but you have to run off to the Internet in back channels and non-mainstream sources to find your attacks. The attacks on Trump are done front and center on mainstream. The reason you won't argue this issue by providing any reasonable evidence is because you have none, so you will make accusations and then act smug and condescending.

Remember, you people believe in "The End justifies the Means" and so anything goes to achieve your ends.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Since Trump leads the charge in name calling and bad behaviour, anything that gets thrown back at him - he had it coming. Trump has set the standard for bad behaviour. Since he was elected I've seen a very very noticeable uptick in name calling on the internet. He set a very bad example to humanity.
He attacked Colbert first specifically did he?

Let me ask you... Is Colbet justified in his attack?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
He attacked Colbert first specifically did he?

Let me ask you... Is Colbet justified in his attack?
Trump insulted them, and they insulted him back. That's the way the world works.

If he wants respect, he needs to learn to display some respect for others first.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:04 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,046,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump insulted them, and they insulted him back. That's the way the world works.

If he wants respect, he needs to learn to display some respect for others first.
The Media: You're Hitler, your supporters are Nazis and we are the resistance.

Trump: You're fake news.

The Media: How dare you? We will make sure that every comedian in this country demolishes you with witty banter, and we will clap like trained seals while basking in the aroma of our own flatulence.

Perhaps the media deserve the scrutiny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies