Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 06:43 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
No as I already said. The words are not assault.
So, why are you here?

Quote:
The action is. Do try to keep up.
Which trump has never been proven to do.......or are you applying the leftist mantra....GUILTY until proven innocent...

Quote:
The women.... One of them is sueing. Trump has claimed immunity because he's President as far as I understand. No idea about the others. I'm not CNN.
Your not CNN? WOW......So, you admit, that you are using the words the trump stated and saying his is guilty because of his words....

F'n amazing folks......

I guess that to the left that words do have consequences, you're GUILTY....unless you're a leftist.....

Old 05-04-2017, 06:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, you obviously do not comprehend.

Lets just say you are 100% correct, that the way he "stated" it, was 100% true (but NOT verifiable), would those words hold up in court? Be honest, comprehend the question....and then provide your answer.

What happened to all those women who accused trump?

Still going ahead with the suit!

Woman sues Trump in New York for defamation over sexual assault denial | Reuters

UPDATED: Trump Sexual Assault Accuser Going Ahead With Lawsuit | Alternet

Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, why are you here?

Which trump has never been proven to do.......or are you applying the leftist mantra....GUILTY until proven innocent..

Your not CNN? WOW......So, you admit, that you are using the words the trump stated and saying his is guilty because of his words....

F'n amazing folks......

I guess that to the left that words do have consequences, you're GUILTY....unless you're a leftist.....
What are you blathering on about?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, what do you want. We have a president who is so hate filled that he has to tweet every day about it. The only think we can do is fight back with his same rhetoric. Billy Bush was fired by laughing at Trump's portrayal of women. One was fired, one became president. So sorry
Honestly,, were talking entertainment networks and not news network. This is too totally missing the mark. These hosts need to step back and separate their personal life from their professional career.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Honestly,, were talking entertainment networks and not news network. This is too totally missing the mark. These hosts need to step back and separate their personal life from their professional career.
I miss Johny Carson.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:18 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
The best style of late show hosting is Letterman's happy drunk style.
Letterman would say horrible things about people, but his tone of voice was so relaxed and he'd say horrible things about himself too, so it'd be impossible to take his words to heart.
I think Louis CK could deliver that style (assuming he can clean up his language for the show).
Colbert doesn't have the happy drunk style.
Colbert is more like a CNN political analyst on election night (2016).

Old 05-05-2017, 05:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Colbert did admit the joke was too crude.

Those that don't like Colbert don't like Colbert. Those that do do......

Check out Seth Myers.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:59 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
No as I already said. The words are not assault. The action is. Do try to keep up.

The women.... One of them is sueing. Trump has claimed immunity because he's President as far as I understand. No idea about the others. I'm not CNN.
"The words are not assault. The action is."

Yet a Supreme court ruled that an ACTION, like burning an American flag, is covered under the "Freedom of Speech" when no speech is involved.

They CHANCED meaning the words of the Constitution to say "freedom of speech " is in reality "freedom of expression".

If one accepts 1, they have to accept the other!

Old 05-05-2017, 06:06 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Colbert did admit the joke was too crude.

Those that don't like Colbert don't like Colbert. Those that do do......

Check out Seth Myers.
"Colbert did admit the joke was too crude." AND he stand by what he said.

"
Colbert finally (and unapologetically) responds to #FireColbert backlash: ‘I would do it again’"

"Stephen Colbert finally — and unapologetically — responded to criticism of his vulgar oral-sex joke about President Trump"

" I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don’t regret that."

"[Stephen Colbert is not here to apologize to you]"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7d7c3447854b

Old 05-05-2017, 07:29 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It makes me miss Jay Leno. Idk how Colbert got the late night show, it should've went to Craig Ferguson. Colbert just comes across as a "try-too hard" kinda guy.
The thing about Colbert is, he is in real life, a super establishment type. He's from an old conservative South Carolina family. I don't get how he can act the way he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies