Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:52 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Passing the ACA may have helped some people, but it hurt more.

Millions now have insurance with premiums and deductibles so high that the plans are basically useless for anything beyond catastrophic coverage.

Naming it the "affordable care act" was the epitome of irony and deception on the part if it's writers, Obama and every Dem who voted for it when they knew exactly what would happen when they forced insurance companies to cover per existing conditions.

Republicans knew it it would drive up insurance costs...
They practically shouted from the rooftops...

But Dems wouldn't listen...and lied straight to our faces.
NOW, the Dems claim they actually read and understood the ACA before they passed it.
Not only that, but the Dems force themselves to believe that Republicans have not passed a bill BECAUSE some Republicans like the ACA and want to keep it!

Dems lie to everyone - even themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 08:58 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
NOW, the Dems claim they actually read and understood the ACA before they passed it.
Not only that, but the Dems force themselves to believe that Republicans have not passed a bill BECAUSE some Republicans like the ACA and want to keep it!

Dems lie to everyone - even themselves.
The ACA was unpopular during the election, it was very trended to hate the ACA but then when voters woke up to the reality of what they were losing it was a different story. Maybe you haven't noticed the furor at these town halls in the different districts, some very unhappy people.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/207671/af...irst-time.aspx

Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 AM

130 posts, read 71,823 times
The democrats ruined healthcare. Remember that while you're paying for your $13,000 deductible plan. All anyone with a brain has to do is remember what they were paying/getting in 2008 and what they are paying/getting now that the democrats have had their way with it. I'm no republican either, those losers are just rino democrats anyway. All paid off by the same corporations and special interest groups. But to not place the blame where it's deserved is wrong. As soon as it passed at midnight on christmas eve, i knew healtcare would be changed forever. Sure it had it's problems before but now it's a mess that will likely never get sorted out now that the government has control over it. Put the government in charge of your health. Great freakin idea America!

Old 05-04-2017, 09:03 AM

130 posts, read 71,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The ACA was unpopular during the election, it was very trended to hate the ACA but then when voters woke up to the reality of what they were losing it was a different story. Maybe you haven't noticed the furor at these town halls in the different districts, some very unhappy people.

Affordable Care Act Gains Majority Approval for First Time | Gallup
And there were huge tea parties before its passing. You can't make everybody happy so let's just make everybody miserable. $14,300 deductibles whoohoo!!!

Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The gloating of the Democrats continues.
They fell in line and voted for a bill without reading it. Then they refused to recognize that there may be something wrong with it. Now, with insurance premiums rising as much as 100% per year, and deductibles so high that people might as well not have health insurance at all, the Democrats refuse to vote for anything that does not say "Affordable Care Act".

I'm afraid that the only way health care is going to be improved is for the Republicans to act like a bunch of Democrats and use special rules to get it passed.

Democrats chide Republicans for not acting the way they do. That's a pretty low standard.

And now Republicans are doing the SAME thing. It was just put out at 8 pm last night and they will vote with no CBO score.

It is what it is; don't be a blind partisan.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:17 AM

865 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Wrong. The US is only best at paying more for prescription drugs.

The US did not have the best health care system in 2000
The US did not have it in 2010
The US did not have it in 2015
The US does not have it now.

The US has been ranked near the bottom of 1st world countries for at least two decades. No idea when that slipped exactly but pre 2000.

Ranked by longevity, infant mortality, etc.
I beg to differ.

*personal anecdote warning*

I had four kids between 1996 and 2005. My wife paid a $25 copay for the initial doctor visit and never spent another dime, insurance covered the whole thing for all four...this was in the days of "horrible HMOs". In '08, my son had a hernia and had to have emergency surgery. Paid $150 for the ER visit and didn't have to pay another dime. This was insurance through my employer, around $100/month.

Now I'm paying $900/month. Had to have a heart cath in '13 and ended up with a $12,000 bill.

Not sure what exactly the problem is, but it seems that when the government tries to "fix" it they just make it worse.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I beg to differ.

*personal anecdote warning*

I had four kids between 1996 and 2005. My wife paid a $25 copay for the initial doctor visit and never spent another dime, insurance covered the whole thing for all four...this was in the days of "horrible HMOs". In '08, my son had a hernia and had to have emergency surgery. Paid $150 for the ER visit and didn't have to pay another dime. This was insurance through my employer, around $100/month.

Now I'm paying $900/month. Had to have a heart cath in '13 and ended up with a $12,000 bill.

Not sure what exactly the problem is, but it seems that when the government tries to "fix" it they just make it worse.
Well, this is not enough information.

Are you still in an HMO?

I often miss my HMO myself ~ but when I moved to a new state (same company) ~ HMO's were't offered.

Are you employed?

Medicare?

What?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:25 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Wow thats a lengthy personal attack there, good job on trying to deflect from the topic at hand.
how on earth is that an attack?

most people don't understand risk, that is some solid advice, learning about risk in a meaningful way will help anyone. people who travel, and or just learn more about the world outside the USA are much more open to actually fixing healthcare, providing stronger social safety nets etc. perhaps one does not actually require a passport but it sure helps. One could also spend time exploring the many races and cultures found here in the USA too. BUT MOST PEOPLE DON'T! most people just spend time with people who reflect their values.

I dont see any of that as any kind of attack at all, nor do i see it as deflection. I have dozens and dozens of posts walking people through why healthcare for 100% of population benefits 100% of the population and is not a 'give away" like so many have been fooled into thinking.
But in fact i am pretty sure a have a few in this thread.

I believe you know what I am saying is true, we need to treat each other better. We have one life, and denying a child a chance at a full life to ship 1 trillion dollars in tax cuts to ME and other well off folk is disgusting. I believe the peoples of the USA have been conned by greedy rich folk who want every last dime they can get.

Of course we can afford healthcare for everyone, there is no reason at all to think we can not.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And now Republicans are doing the SAME thing. It was just put out at 8 pm last night and they will vote with no CBO score.

It is what it is; don't be a blind partisan.
But I am. I have been blinded by the glaring hypocrisy of the left.

The CBO? The CBO estimated that 21 million Americans would enroll in ACA. Later, that figure was changed to 22 million.
Actually, 10.4 million enrolled.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
I just find it funny that republicans stonewalled Obama every chance they got....

And now the shoe is on the other foot and conservatives are upset that democrats won't work with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies