Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:43 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,531,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Its been said since he started running. Based on what he says just as much as who he is. My friends who did support him still do but want him off Twitter.
See, I don't understand that thinking at all. He can't be trusted with a Twitter account, but he can be trusted with the nuclear codes? How does that even begin to make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 06:46 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,887,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I am baffled.

This really is not a partisan thread at all.

I think it should matter to ALL citizens.

The Republican party is in control of the White House. If Trump is incompetent (and I think he is), then Pence will take over.

So, why can we not have this discussion in earnest? I mean, we mostly all have, but it's comments like that one that really make me wonder.
Sanctimonious BS.

You people did the same with Bush, you did the same with Regan.

This is a completely partisan thread and you damn well know it.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,789,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
But we haven't referred to them as having dementia generally. This is entirely different, and theres lots of behaviors backing it up. Reagen showed some signs....but not enough to really say anything. Trump though....
He just seems like an ignorant jackass with a short fuse to me.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,443,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Being that I worked in healthcare for over 20 years I have and your wrong.

I do know and have experienced people who are Narcissist and it describes the personality disorder of the left well... including Hillary. Colleges are rampant with narcissists. The big one for narcissist personalities is the use of threats of violence or actually violence in an attempt to gain control. More narcissist personalities traits below...

- An exaggerated sense of self-importance,
- Expecting unquestioning compliance with your expectations,
- Inability to admit fault.
- Having a sense of entitlement,
- Envious of others,
- Believing that you are superior,
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner,
- An inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others if they don't comply with what you want.
Trump has had all those symptoms since the 1970's if not longer.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:52 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,472,605 times
When? Always. No sane person would want the job.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,443,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There's been many a time I have wondered. Apparently there was speculation about Reagan years ago and later it was found he had Alzheimers.
Exactly!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He was not diagnosed with Alzheimer's until late 1994, more than 5 years after his presidency.
Diagnosis does not mean onset, it means when the problem is finally identified.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:55 PM

38,955 posts, read 50,866,357 times
I never thought any president before Trump was suffering from dementia or another mental problem. I didn't even see it in Reagan, though I had not experienced it close up and personal like I unfortunately have now. The signs are quite obvious with Trump.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This. I am starting to feel bad for him.

And, no... I do not like him. During the campaign, he was kooky, but I didn't see this side of him.

Now, I am worried that his cheese has slid straight off his cracker and that is sad for him and dangerous for the rest of us.

You should see some interviews he did years ago. I didn't like him then, either, but the difference, in terms of attention span and general coherence is like night and day.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's funny, but most of the people that use his interviews and behavior as examples of his mental state are usually folks that have limited experience with New Yorkers. During the campaign, when friends spoke of specific examples, I just looked at it as him being a New Yorker. Brash, opinionated, rambling, aggressive, and egotistical. Something that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. But hardly makes him nuts.
Watch his interviews from years ago. He has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies