Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:17 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,068,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My critiques of Trump have really never been based on political ideologies. He seems to be all over the map, anyway.

He's just always seemed like he wasn't playing with a full deck. He was like this in the primaries, but I thought it might be an act.

It's clear now that it's either not an act or it's an attempt to protect himself in the event that he winds up in court.

I think it's not an act, though.
Correct! I don't even know his damn political philosophy! And frankly, neither do his voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 01:18 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually Pelosi, and Trump both are showing signs of it. Fortunately Pelosi is not in a position to launch nuclear weapons.

And yeah....he's off. And I take no pleasure in it. This sort of thing sucks, and is my biggest fear as I age. I honestly would not wish it on my worst enemy. Its part of why the internal battles in the white house are so...disturbing. They dont want to help him, they want to control and use him.
This. I am starting to feel bad for him.

And, no... I do not like him. During the campaign, he was kooky, but I didn't see this side of him.

Now, I am worried that his cheese has slid straight off his cracker and that is sad for him and dangerous for the rest of us.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
A blog. Well that's definitive proof. And expected. As is the hatred from the left, and the inability to admit they lost.

Funny, liberals are quick to assign insanity to Trump from folks that have never met him in person let alone examined him, but fought tooth and nail to make every excuse in the book when Clinton obviously had a neurological episode caught on film.
I wasn't holding this up as any sort of proof. I just thought it was interesting. It is a blog, after all, not a peer-reviewed journal.

I would ask that you read some of his interview transcripts and watch his behavior.

THAT is what the blog refers to. This isn't about politics.

I don't have a problem with Republicans, be they actual Rs or people with R beside their name.

I do have a problem with having a POTUS who is mentally incompetent to hold office and yes, I would rather Pence take over, even though I like him less than I do Trump, politically.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There's been many a time I have wondered. Apparently there was speculation about Reagan years ago and later it was found he had Alzheimers.
Yes. They nearly removed him from office, but it was his 2nd term and he was surrounded by competent, reasonable staff and they felt they could keep him focused, which they largely did.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:23 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,160,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.429a68970dab

When is it okay?

At what point do we acknowledge that this is possible, given the evidence?
About 8 years ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When people have valid reasons to believe such a thing, not a bunch of sour grapes can't get over it Hillary supporters keep whining about it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.1fc2cc4be5d8

Trump's victory made them look foolish: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.a66a2843e647

So, seriously, the only ones that are "nuts" are those that cannot accept the victory of Donald Trump over the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton.

So, in essence, the Washington Post and their followers are the ones that must be nuts having ever believed that Hillary Clinton would win! I know it is embarrassing having supported a loser like Hillary, but time to pull their panties out of a wad and move on.

Articles like this continue to harm the Democratic Party as a whole, but that works for me insuring more Republicans will replace them as time goes on.
So, you read Trump's transcripts and you watch his interviews and you observe his behavior and it seems "normal" to you?

Interesting.

This conversation has zero to do with party politics, btw.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
About 8 years ago.
naw it has been going on for at least 40 years that i know of.

to be honest this POTUS is pretty insane sounding. Even ronnie held it together much better. and he was manageable.

Trump appears to be much worse than anyone suspected.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:26 PM

23,791 posts, read 14,924,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I know all that (my mom had dementia for 10 years and I was her caregiver) and he was functional during his presidency. Much more functional than any number of other presidents I can list!
The trouble with thinking he was ok is that we only saw him when he was out in public. We were not privy to him 24/7. IIRC, his kids said it had been coming on for years.

The fact that he knew nothing of Iran Contra tells me he was not well enough to know those surrounding him only told him what they wanted him to know.

But, I could say the same thing about DH's boss. The guy was well, but only knew what he was told.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
She may call herself a conservative, but just like John McCain calls himself conservative there is little conservative about someone who consistently attacks conservatives and those are the battles they are willing to fight hardest. There is little she writes that calls out democrat positions so... that tells me she isn't a conservative.

Then again, as a Libertarian, I'm not too conservative either.
I don't think her politics, which I frankly had no clue about either way, take away from the question she's posing in the blog, though.

At what point is it okay for people to start demanding that we make sure the person in charge of the nukes is mentally competent when we see such bizarre behavior and hear such weird stuff coming out of his mouth?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I know all that (my mom had dementia for 10 years and I was her caregiver) and he was functional during his presidency. Much more functional than any number of other presidents I can list!
That was what his doctor and advisers determined. He was functional. He was, however, very forgetful and needed constant prompting. In other words, he had begun to decline, but not enough that he could not be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies