Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times

Advertisements

most people on here who oppose a UHC and have never experienced a UHC or even close to one. They would never realise how ripped off the American citizen is by private health companies. They listen to secondhand knowledge of UHC and exagerate even what they hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
most people on here who oppose a UHC and have never experienced a UHC or even close to one. They would never realise how ripped off the American citizen is by private health companies. They listen to secondhand knowledge of UHC and exagerate even what they hear.
Hey - you are in the UK. Leave us - AMERICANS, to make our own decisions.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 PM

I live in the UK and the usa. My wife is American and i will be a citizen soon too. To be honest, whether you keep your old failing health system isn't a problem to me as i have the NHS in Uk if i ever need it. Unlike you Greatday i am thinking of the people in the USA who cannot afford health care and need healthcare desperately. Unlike you also, Greatday, i don't have this "i'm alright jack " elitist attitude. It is a fact that the American health care system is failing and going into debt. If you like paying for a failed system-- knock yourself out and spend your money , you are the one chucking it down the drain not me.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I live in the UK and the usa. My wife is American and i will be a citizen soon too. To be honest, whether you keep your old failing health system isn't a problem to me as i have the NHS in Uk if i ever need it. Unlike you Greatday i am thinking of the people in the USA who cannot afford health care and need healthcare desperately. Unlike you also, Greatday, i don't have this "i'm alright jack " elitist attitude. It is a fact that the American health care system is failing and going into debt. If you like paying for a failed system-- knock yourself out and spend your money , you are the one chucking it down the drain not me.
Thank you for your concern.

However, contrary to your comments, I am very involved in seeking solutions to assure that those who are currently without health insurance, and who are in this country legally, are able to obtain quality health insurance at affordable rates.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:13 PM

A lot of people are actively involved in trying to sort out the health care mess. I spoke to a friend of mine two days ago in America who sent a letter to congress with ideas on solutions. They sent her a letter asking her to form a committee and send in their findings and proposals, which she has done. Her findings are completely different to yours Greatday and i'm sure there are many such committes sending in their own findings too. As you can see there is concern on this subject and it's no good just trying to sweep it under the carpet.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
A lot of people are actively involved in trying to sort out the health care mess. I spoke to a friend of mine two days ago in America who sent a letter to congress with ideas on solutions. They sent her a letter asking her to form a committee and send in their findings and proposals, which she has done. Her findings are completely different to yours Greatday and i'm sure there are many such committes sending in their own findings too. As you can see there is concern on this subject and it's no good just trying to sweep it under the carpet.
I applaud anyone who gets involved in our political system - we need more of this.

I can assure you though that a nationalized health insurance scheme, ala UK, will not happen here in the United States. There will be changes to be sure - those without insurance now will be able to acquire affordable insurance. But, the type you are fond of, will not occur here in the US

Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I applaud anyone who gets involved in our political system - we need more of this.

I can assure you though that a nationalized health insurance scheme, ala UK, will not happen here in the United States. There will be changes to be sure - those without insurance now will be able to acquire affordable insurance. But, the type you are fond of, will not occur here in the US
what is the current status of those changes? Is anything likely to happen soon?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM

Well you can always keep your extremely expensive failing system but i doubt if the everyday American citizen will put up with it much longer. Keep paying your monthly premiums and your add ons when you get treatment. The figures i quoted earlier of deficits in the hospitals and closures is public record and nothing can alter the facts. Things will change no matter who kicks and screams against it. Once it does change then your country will where it should be in world health care, at the top, not at the bottom.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
what is the current status of those changes? Is anything likely to happen soon?
We will not see any substantive issues addressed until Jan 09 - after the elections and a new Congress is sworn in.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:33 PM

The only time that good changes will occur in the American health system is when people look at it in a unbiased way. Not with pre existing biased attitudes like Greatdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies