Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are responsible for your vote. Whatever happened to the party of personal responsibility?
responsible for my vote?

you seem to be under the incredibly wrongheaded impression that I'm a member of congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I can't explain in rational terms to someone who is irrational and closed-minded.

ACA is killing thousands, but you ignore that.

ACA is driving insurers out of the market, but you ignore that.

ACA premiums tripled for many states and deductibles make the insurance useless for millions, but you ignore that.

You rail against a real attempt to a viable solution; do you wish the ACA to collapse entirely before anything is done?

You would blame Republican for not fixing it if this happened, yet blame them when they do try to fix it.

Hypocrites all of you progressive lemmings.

Punch the life of the insurance companies- once and for all and make them stop profiting off your sick and dying. This was not a conscious FIX!

Old 05-04-2017, 12:40 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Pretty much the only people who want to get rid of it are the butthurt Republicans who never got over it being passed in the first place.
How about the people who got 50% or more premium hikes due to Obama Care?

'Obamacare' in Arizona: 2 remaining insurers hike rates by 50-75 percent

Obama Care was probably the worst piece of legislation in American history. The only people who want to keep Obama Care are the ones who do not understand the concept of insurance and freedom of choice in selecting a health care plan.

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it will help soothe the egos of the republicans who are still angry over the 3% on higher household incomes.

that is the real issue that drives much of this. They want to pay much lower taxes.
How many time do you have to be told? If nothing is done, everyone loses their healthcare insurance. And the only reason you support it is because someone else helps pay for your insurance.

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Give it time for people's cancer to develop.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hey John, after Obamacare, my premiums shot up to $920 a month. Are you willing to pay my premiums each month? If not, why not? You expect me to pay yours.
You have no idea what my premiums are. And where do you get off claiming I expect you to pay mine?

What I do have is a child with serious medical issues, and under the ACA, I'm guaranteed that insurers would not be able to exclude her or set limits on her coverage that would result in her not having coverage. In those cases, she'd have had to rely on Medicaid and then you WOULD be paying for her care.

Uh Oh — Most Of Iowa’s Obamacare Markets Could Lose Their Last Insurer

Iowa’s Obamacare market is on the verge of imploding ― for real ― with the last insurer still planning to offer individual coverage in most of the state next year warning it may leave “without swift action” by state or federal officials act to “provide stability.” Tens of thousands of people might have no coverage option next year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iowa-obamacare-markets-could-lose-last-insurer

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I can't explain in rational terms to someone who is irrational and closed-minded.

ACA is killing thousands, but you ignore that.

ACA is driving insurers out of the market, but you ignore that.

ACA premiums tripled for many states and deductibles make the insurance useless for millions, but you ignore that.

You rail against a real attempt to a viable solution; do you wish the ACA to collapse entirely before anything is done?

You would blame Republican for not fixing it if this happened, yet blame them when they do try to fix it.

Hypocrites all of you progressive lemmings.
20 MILLION will lose insurance that have it now. FACT.
The deaths that would otherwise be prevented are estimated to be 30K PER YEAR. FACT.
The Republicans have not even attempted to find a solution, they passed something written in the last two weeks, and none of them have had time to read it. FACT.
The main places the ACA is failing are places that have worked hard to impede it. FACT.
The average increase in insurance was lower then before the ACA. FACT.
They need to pass this to free up money for tax cuts that are targeted for the rich. FACT.

Those are facts. Not someone being irrational. Irrational is ignoring those facts. I want someone to figure out that you don't solve something this complex with this sort of nonsense. There are other solutions that dont involve killing Americans.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
You have no idea what my premiums are. And where do you get off claiming I expect you to pay mine?

What I do have is a child with serious medical issues, and under the ACA, I was guaranteed that insurers would not be able to exclude her or set limits on her coverage that would result in her not having coverage. In those cases, she'd have had to rely on Medicaid and then you WOULD be paying for her care.
Well then she has to go on Medicaid. Everything is paid for, what's the problem.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:44 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
" ACA Repeal Replace Passes the House "

Infuriating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies