Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 01:01 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times

Advertisements

This is terrible. I'm not sure why anyone would celebrate this. Being without insurance is a risky spot to be in, in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
I'm getting everything I can think of checked out this year while I have health insurance and a good plan with a low deductible and out of pocket..blood work, cholesterol, T levels, diabetes check, etc. All of it. I might elect to going back to not having it next year. I truly fear what the premiums are going to cost next year for younger, healthy people. The healthcare issue in the US is absolutely inexcusable and makes us the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Trump: Winning and winning!

Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
At this point I don't give a crap what the hypocrites are saying.

ACA is failing, bloated and falling apart. PERIOD! So they're rooting for a dying horse to get up and win the race. 2008 called and they want their move on, forward, hope and change back.

This is only the first step in fixing a huge problem. I'm glad they came together to prove they could govern.

We'll see how the senate plays out. I hope it is a bipartisan effort to improve what the house just passed.

THAT would be the sane thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
How the hell did you come up with that? I'm not "whining" that she might need Medicaid, I'm stating the fact that this lousy plan the GOP threw together will reinstate pre-existing condition exclusions and lifetime caps, which could force her onto public assistance programs at a cost to the taxpayer.
I guess you missed they allocated $8B to the high risk pool. She shouldn't be affected one bit if her current aca policy hasn't lapsed.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump: Winning and winning!
By dividing America more and more. His boss Putin must be so proud.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:03 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm getting everything I can think of checked out this year while I have health insurance and a good plan with a low deductible and out of pocket... I might elect to going back to not having it next year. I truly fear what the premiums are going to cost next year for younger, healthy people.
Young healthy people aren't signing up now because they can't afford it which is why things are still a mess all these years later.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:03 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
At this point I don't give a crap what the hypocrites are saying.

ACA is failing, bloated and falling apart. PERIOD! So they're rooting for a dying horse to get up and win the race. 2008 called and they want their move on, forward, hope and change back.

This the first step is fixing a huge problem. I'm glad they came together to prove they could govern.

We'll see how the senate plays out. I hope it is a bipartisan effort to improve what the house just passed.

THAT would be the sane thing to do.
At this point in time you dont care about reality. Its all about sticking it to the people who disagree with you. Got it.

And no,it doesnt fix the problem. It frees up 800 billion for example in medicaid cuts so that they can cut taxes for the rich.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
By dividing America more and more. His boss Putin must be so proud.
Division between the people that have to pay the other half's bills. Did you expect people to pay the ridiculously high premiums and shut up?

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
[quote=steven_h;48046176]

Quote:
ACA is killing thousands, but you ignore that.
Actually, the ACA saves more people than it hurts, the AHCA will hurt more people than it helps.

Quote:
ACA is driving insurers out of the market, but you ignore that.
Market uncertainty is the reason most are leaving markets.

Quote:
ACA premiums tripled for many states and deductibles make the insurance useless for millions, but you ignore that.
the ACA didnt do that, where cost rose like you claim, Republican governors decided not to expand medicaid and it caused unhealthy people to by into the regular insurance market.

Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

Tell people the ACA wont work, block key parts of it that make it work, then when it doesnt work say "i told you say"

Quote:
You rail against a real attempt to a viable solution; do you wish the ACA to collapse entirely before anything is done?
This isnt a viable solution, no one thinks it is.

As I said before, I can admire some Libertarians for being honest and saying freedom matters more then practicality. They are at least not lying to you and claiming what they propose is better.

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I want rid of it as it's not what we need. We need UHC. There are many that agree with me they just won't be as open about it.

Do I want what the GOP is offering? NO.

I don't disagree on that point. Nor do I think the ACA is perfect. UHC seems like a topic for a different (although related) debate today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies