Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 02:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Rather amazing that the rest of the world has some form of affordable healthcare for its citizens and America cant seem to model a program for itself after one of them.
The crux of Americas problem is the attitude of how can we give every one healthcare and at the same time make lots of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Tax breaks to the rich should be killed.
But that is what they are doing now that they dumped ACA.
a.k.a. "The Long Con"

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Tax breaks to the rich should be killed.
But that is what they are doing now that they dumped ACA.
You won't find me defending that.

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I already getting hosed by Obamacare.
You ain't seen nothing yet. You are over 50. Your rates are going to double or triple, and at the same time, your benefits will decrease. No insurer will have to provide you with essential health benefits any longer. If this passes the Senate, the time will come when you will be longing for the days when the ACA guaranteed that insurance companies had to actually provide basic benefits. With this bill, they don't have to give you squat. And they can charge you three times what you're paying right now and give you nothing in return.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:24 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Rather amazing that the rest of the world has some form of affordable healthcare for its citizens and America cant seem to model a program for itself after one of them.
The crux of Americas problem is the attitude of how can we give every one healthcare and at the same time make lots of money.
Yes that's pretty much, it's very simple to understand. You can't have a normal healthcare system if it's still driven by profit. What kind of moron would think that works?

Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Well bend over and grab your ankles cause they are breaking out the fire hose now.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yep. Well, it's a little more complicated. It's how can we do healthcare while making lots of money and keeping our party in power.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:26 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
I pay $1200 a month for a family of three, so I totally agree that something should be done to bring down premiums. However, everything I've read indicates that this bill won't do it. As someone over 50 with some pre-existing conditions, I think my premiums are likely to double or triple.
Before the ACA, I was denied health insurance at 22 due to minor preexisting conditions, including seeking counseling following a rape, PCOS that has never required treatment, and a bladder condition that had been resolved more than a decade prior. Denied all except for one catastrophic plan with a high deductible that would have cost $800 a month. For just me. At 22. I couldn't begin to afford it.

A few months later, I was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily, I had found employment at that point that had insurance, but what then?

The new bill strips protections I had under my employer's plan such as no lifetime caps. In 6 months of cancer treatment, I had reached many peoples' max cap and I will easily reach $1million by 35 even with no additional medical crises. If I had to go out into the private market under the new plan, my surcharge would be my entire current salary. And I'm far from a low wage worker.

Seeking treatment for depression or anxiety, reporting an assault, taking allergy meds, having mild asthma... all are things that will jack up premiums.

People who are happy about this probably have a preexisting condition but don't even know it yet. Every member of family and just about everyone I know - even people who by all signs are quite healthy - will be adversely impacted.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:26 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
I'm sure you'll enjoy tRumpcare in the future for those Slimmed-Down HealthCare policies that provide nothing more than a band-aid and Good Wishes for only $100 a month! Just don't get sick, or you'll realize just how little is covered under those "sensibly-priced" policies!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:27 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
And now you will pay three times more and lose all your essential health benefits. Such a deal, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies