Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:28 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Because Trump should be re-elected? That's funny. I don't know if Warren will win the primary but I would crawl across glass to vote against Trump.
Me too. From what I've been hearing there are quite a few former Trump supporters who are ready to jump ship in 2020, especially if this healthcare fiasco passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 08:30 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Elizabeth Warren...In fact, the only thing her mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c *% k holster.

I learned thats an OK thing to say about people today if you don't like their politics.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:43 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Because Obama didn't have likability and charisma? Please. We went from the most likable president in my lifetime to the nastiest most bitter man that hands out election results to reporters while talking about China. There's no comparison. Democrats will choose their candidate in the primary, I'm just not convinced it will be Warren.
Yeah, and Obama was elected. That's my point. And regardless of what you may think of them, Trump is indeed charismatic, and George W. Bush has some good-old-boy southern charm. Elizabeth Warren is a shrill, loudmouthed dork, and has a slim chance of ever being elected president.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Pocahontas isn't fit to be elected Dogcatcher.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, and Obama was elected. That's my point. And regardless of what you may think of them, Trump is indeed charismatic, and George W. Bush has some good-old-boy southern charm. Elizabeth Warren is a shrill, loudmouthed dork, and has a slim chance of ever being elected president.
She's also a proven liar. That's a plus for partisan left wingers, but not for normal people.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:48 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I just saw her on Bill Maher and hearing her speak left me riled up and shaken. Like I really have not felt that way in a long time, even Obama didn't excite me like she did and if she can keep that momentum, I'm sure she'll be our next president.
This reminds me of that recent article in the NY Times where the woman recalls her childhood memories of being around communist activists and leaders, and she explained how they made her feel, and how passionate they were, etc.

It's all emotion and no substance. It's not "She made a compelling argument about...", it's "She made me feel like...."

Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Elizabeth Warren...In fact, the only thing her mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c *% k holster.

I learned thats an OK thing to say about people today if you don't like their politics.
Oooh...that's gotta hurt!
Attached Thumbnails
Senator Warren will be our next president.-pow2.jpg  

Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I just saw her on Bill Maher and hearing her speak left me riled up and shaken. Like I really have not felt that way in a long time, even Obama didn't excite me like she did and if she can keep that momentum, I'm sure she'll be our next president.
"I just saw Trump on Bill O'Reilly and hearing him speak left me riled up and shaken. Like I really have not felt that way in a long time, even Bush didn't excite me like he did and if he can keep that momentum, I'm sure he'll be our next president."

I don't see much of a difference.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to cast a vote for a POTUS candidate again. It's just sad.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"I just saw Trump on Bill O'Reilly and hearing him speak left me riled up and shaken. Like I really have not felt that way in a long time, even Bush didn't excite me like he did and if he can keep that momentum, I'm sure he'll be our next president."

I don't see much of a difference.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to cast a vote for a POTUS candidate again. It's just sad.
We seem to be stuck in a cycle of extremism on both sides, and it really sucks. I can't even come close to supporting either side lately. Common sense seems to be similar to the plague, nobody wants anything to do with it.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

A whole lot of awesomeness in that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies