Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:20 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Is that it? It's just odd that they would care. I have no illusions, they will vote for Trump so they should probably just let Democrats nominate our candidate and let the election proceed.

I know I felt some guilt about Hillary but we gave her a solid chance. Now we choose our next candidate and it has nothing to do with Trump supporters.
Its a mixture of hatred of her spewed by Trump as well, and his non stop racist comments directed towards her seems to energize them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 09:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,873,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

EW is the Sarah Palin of the hijacked dem party. A flash in the pan of shooting stars, there for a moment and then gone, gone, gone.
Great comparison.

Palin - Governor of Alaska for 2 years. Moose shooter. Reality show host.
Warren - Harvard Law professor, U.S. Senator of Massachusetts for 4 years

Well, they are both grandmothers and wear glasses. So maybe you have a point.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,946,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Great comparison.

Palin - Governor of Alaska for a year. Moose shooter. Reality show host.
Warren - Harvard Law professor, U.S. Senator of Massachusetts for 4 years

Well, they are both grandmothers and wear glasses. So maybe you have a point.
I think the point was that both are extremist partisan hacks.

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its a mixture of hatred of her spewed by Trump as well, and his non stop racist comments directed towards her seems to energize them.
White people making fun of a white woman who pretended to be an Indian in order to get preferential treatment is racism?

21,989 posts, read 15,655,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I believe it. I expect any candidate we nominate will get insulted by Trump so whatever he says is expected. After four years of his constant childish insults, the country will be so used it it it will be eye-rolling. Just like Trump's 3 a.m. tweets. The country is already sick of them and it's only been three months.

I look forward to Democrats shopping for our next nominee. I hope we take 18 months doing it with lots of news coverage. I hope we have thoughtful debates among the candidates that Trump can call elitist. And Warren is more than welcome to toss her hat in the ring.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I believe it. I expect any candidate we nominate will get insulted by Trump so whatever he says is expected. After four years of his constant childish insults, the country will be so used it it it will be eye-rolling. Just like Trump's 3 a.m. tweets. The country is already sick of them and it's only been three months.

I look forward to Democrats shopping for our next nominee. I hope we take 18 months doing it with lots of news coverage. I hope we have thoughtful debates among the candidates that Trump can call elitist. And Warren is more than welcome to toss her hat in the ring.
Democrats, "So who are we going to pick in order to scream bias? Should we find a gay man so we can scream homophobe? Should we get a woman so we can continue screaming misogyny? Maybe we can find a Muslim so we can scream religious intolerance. It's so tough picking a candidate based on how we can spin intolerance."

Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,655,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Democrats, "So who are we going to pick in order to scream bias? Should we find a gay man so we can scream homophobe? Should we get a woman so we can continue screaming misogyny? Maybe we can find a Muslim so we can scream religious intolerance. It's so tough picking a candidate based on how we can spin intolerance."
This is the part where Trump supporters aren't invited. We get to spend a couple of years choosing a candidate that can be any one we want. While it would be entertaining to choose Mark Cuban just because it would annoy Trump to no end, we will probably choose someone well versed in policy. But it's our choice and Trump supporters have not part in it. Warren may participate, I'm just not convinced she would get the nomination.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,946,036 times
Quote:
This is the part where Trump supporters aren't invited. We get to spend a couple of years choosing a candidate that can be any one we want. While it would be entertaining to choose Mark Cuban just because it would annoy Trump to no end, we will probably choose someone well versed in policy. But it's our choice and Trump supporters have not part in it. Warren may participate, I'm just not convinced she would get the nomination.
One can only hope, that would be an incredibly horrible place to put this country in to have her as one of the main candidates to pick from.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Since I don't support Trump, that must mean I'm invited.

I think y'all should really think outside the box and go with a little person.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:02 PM

766 posts, read 1,249,504 times
Quote:
Why are so many Trump supporters so compelled to post about Warren? They will vote for Trump so why do they care who Democrats choose in the primary?
They're threatened by her because she poses a major threat. She can actually energize her party unlike Shillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies