Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:44 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times

Advertisements

Repealing the ACA will mean that (as always), abortion is a much cheaper option than proper pre-natal care and childbirth (particularly a C-section).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 01:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Best Argument against “Pro-Choice” and the “Right of Privacy” to kill unborn children:
“You can’t force a surgeon to perform a surgery, but once they’re in the middle of it, they can’t just stop and walk away, letting the person die. Likewise, you can’t force a daycare professional to show up at work, but once she’s there, she can’t just leave the children unattended because she doesn’t want to work anymore - it’s child abandonment. In both case, your action have caused someone to be dependent upon you and you are responsible for that dependent. Pregnancy is no different. The child has a right to your body because you made that child dependent on you.”
- - H.C. Douglas
Once you make a helpless life dependent upon you, you have no choice nor right to terminate it.
I would agree with this if one could become pregnant deliberately.

False equivalency.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Who is H.C. Douglas and why should I care what he says I should or should not do with my uterus again?

Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Why did every Democrat campaigning for president express outrage when the United States Supreme Court upheld the ban on partial birth abortion ?
Because partial birth abortion is just a way to describe a physician's decision to remove a fetus that can NOT survive outside the womb or whose continued presence inside the womb is threatening to kill the mother.

Partial birth abortions are not performed for convenience purposes to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy.

Making a woman walk around continuing a pregnancy that will result in a baby that will die as soon as it is born or very soon after is cruel to the mother and to the potential baby that results from the forced continuation of the pregnancy.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am pro choice- not my call-- we each have to answer-
but if the adoptions were less expensive and bit easier-- be better for these poor kids who are here parentless- it's sad and it's a big business--
If adoptions are too cheap and too easy you also get more abused kids. It's very complicated.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who said I was "rifling through" patient records? You make lots of assumptions.

Again, you can be self-righteous and make assumptions, but what have personally you done to help anyone besides attack those that did something, for poor women and the mission of PP, and post on a message board? Words don't accomplish anything. Actions do.
You say that like you know me.

I have volunteered and I have helped women and other marginalized groups of human beings. I am not going to spread details here, because they are personal.

You act like you're the only person who ever volunteered anywhere. Come on.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I volunteered at a small PP office with one Nurse Practitioner, a receptionist, and me twice a week. I was there to do whatever was needed to help. No abortions were performed at this little storefront clinic.
That still doesn't answer the question as to why you had that kind of access to patient files. I am curious also. I would not want volunteers in a medical facility privy to my medical files.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're really pointing a finger at the wrong person. I guess you volunteered prior to HIPAA because volunteers rifling through patient records is illegal.

I'm sure it's great that you helped out, what with being so open-minded and non-judgmental toward the patients there.

Maybe this was prior to HIPAA? I will say - small facilities and/or doctor's offices seem to be very lax with patient records.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:46 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That still doesn't answer the question as to why you had that kind of access to patient files. I am curious also. I would not want volunteers in a medical facility privy to my medical files.
If I recall, I helped some patients who couldn't read well, or couldn't read at all, to fill out forms. Patients shared their experiences with me, also. I don't remember much more, as it has been over two decades ago that I volunteered at Planned Parenthood. The organization did much good. That little clinic was always busy. I volunteered there for a few years.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:00 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yet the people who cry loudest about abortion want neither sex education in schools nor easy access to birth control. Why is that?
What are you talking about? Walk in to the store, buy a box, there's your birth control.

I also know one that's FREE! Absolutely free! Yet when it's pointed out what it is, all we hear are excuses as to why no one can possibly use the FREE version of birth control. FREE as in: It costs no one a single penny, and it's 100% fool proof...unless you're Mary Magdalin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies