Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Remember when health insurance was your privilege and responsibility?

While its a crappy thing to happen... This is what you get when the government goes meddling in things it shouldn't. It has the power to give and the power to take it all back and then some.

Guess dressing provocatively, and going to places where rape runs rampant (night clubs and roofies) are going to be out of the question . Probably going to see alot of women getting armed. And rightly so...

Should have just repealed the ACA entirely and gone back to how things used to be...

If you choose security over liberty you shall receive neither.
DRESSING PROVOCATELY is now a cause for rape according to you???? Wow wow wow wow
If USA werent super mysogynist and this forum had any gender notions beyond 1900, this statement alone should be a reason for banning.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
DRESSING PROVOCATELY is now a cause for rape according to you???? Wow wow wow wow
If USA werent super mysogynist and this forum had any gender notions beyond 1900, this statement alone should be a reason for banning.
That's typically who that happens to... Never said it was a cause or condoned it...

Common sense would dictate you don't dress provocatively to garner that kind of unwanted attention...

Fact-My little sister went to college in springfield MA. Pepper spray and pistols werent legal. I told her and her friends to carry chlorinated brake clean and spray for the eyes/face... Keep it in a purse/hooded sweat shirt...

They were followed and harassed by 2 guys and one grabbed a-hold of my sister after she had rejected the guy numerous times in the club and refused drinks he got her. She sprayed the would be attacker in the eyes...

Go knit a pink hat

Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:

While its a crappy thing to happen... This is what you get when the government goes meddling in things it shouldn't. It has the power to give and the power to take it all back and then some.

Guess dressing provocatively, and going to places where rape runs rampant (night clubs and roofies) are going to be out of the question. Probably going to see alot of women getting armed. And rightly so...

Should have just repealed the ACA entirely and gone back to how things used to be...

Guess the sweats I was wearing were incredibly provocative. And I also brought my cancer upon myself, right?

Oy frickin vey.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:40 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
That's typically who that happens to... Never said it was a cause or condoned it...

Common sense would dictate you don't dress provocatively to garner that kind of unwanted attention...

Fact-My little sister went to college in springfield MA. Pepper spray and pistols werent legal. I told her and her friends to carry chlorinated brake clean and spray for the eyes/face... Keep it in a purse/hooded sweat shirt...

They were followed and harassed by 2 guys and one grabbed a-hold of my sister after she had rejected the guy numerous times in the club and refused drinks he got her. She sprayed the would be attacker in the eyes...

Go knit a pink hat
It's burqa time, baby!

Or if you really wanna be a hussy, slip on that slinky niqab.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please post the actual parts of the bill that say this.

Oh, and add the links.
ARE YOU SICK? PRAY ABOUT IT OR DIE QUICKLY

By the time you read this, the House will have voted to dismantle Obamacare’s protections for individuals with pre-existing conditions coming into the HealthCare Marketplace or living in any State that waivers out of the ACA. In addition, it will remove the 10 Essential Benefits currently included in all health care plans, take away Tax Subsidies to help defray the costs of health care, and take money from Medicaid and Medicare so that $600B will be redistributed to the wealthiest Americans in the upcoming Trump Tax Plan. The 400 richest Americans will get a $7 Million windfall EACH.

The plan has NOT been scored by CBO which last time indicated 24 Million Americans would lose access to coverage, 14 Million by 2018, imposes and Age Tax on people over 50 and polling shows only 17% of Americans are in favor of passage.

AND if you get your Health Insurance through your employer, WAKE UP! This will impact YOU.

Many Trump voters to pay a lot more for health insurance under Trumpcare

GOP adds AHCA amendment to allow states to opt out of essential benefits, pre-existing conditions | Healthcare Finance News

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115...lthcareact.pdf

The Republican health care plan is a massive tax cut for the rich.

MacArthur Amendment to AHCA Would Mean Higher Premiums for Age and Preexisting Conditions – AARP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e5d82542a193

Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It's burqa time, baby!

Or if you really wanna be a hussy, slip on that slinky niqab.
LMAO nahh...

What I've seen in night clubs in west palm and miami though... why bother even wearing clothes??? Didn't know if I was at a night club or a strip club missing poles...

Old 05-04-2017, 09:53 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Women need to cover themselves because, you know, men are natural rapists and cant control themselves when they see an exposed piece of skin of a woman anatomy

Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Remember when health insurance companies would look into your history to find anything that they could call a pre-existing condition to deny payment on your current and new health problem?

When Health Coverage Doesn't Hold Up - CBS News

Well this practice will be back with the new healthcare bill.

Under New Health-Care Bill, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

Amendment to House ACA Repeal Bill Guts Protections for People with Pre-Existing Conditions | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
There is no universal definition of condition as in "preexisting".

Before the ACA, many states authorized insurers to define such conditions.
Some states did not cap the look back period for Individual Plan Market.

Many states did not have a High-Risk Pool.
Most of the states that used to have High-Risk Pools went out of their way to exclude the maximum number of people through a variety of tactics:

-Excluded certain conditions, like Cancers and Heart Disease

-Capped Annual Claims

- High or no limit on out of pocket expenses

- High co-pays

- Unaffordable premiums

-Waiting ( for someone to die) Lists

-Closed Enrollments

At the peak, only 200,000 US people were insured within High-Risk Pools.

It appears the House -approved legislation may give states the right to once again define or defer to insurers. The amount of Federal money being sought to fund high-risk state pools appears substantially inadequate.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:

Guess dressing provocatively, and going to places where rape runs rampant (night clubs and roofies) are going to be out of the question. Probably going to see alot of women getting armed. And rightly so...

Going back to the way it used to be - state rights/deferment to insurers- appears the intent of this legislation.

Sounds like you might be more comfortable in a Muslim majority country that holds women responsible for being raped. The reality is rape is the sole responsibility of the rapist(s).

Old 05-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Go knit a pink hat
How would you possibly know the approximately 175,000 people who are raped in the US, each year, how they dressed and where they went?

Only one person is responsible for rape and that's the rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies