Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:00 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times

Advertisements

We have a republican president who openly advocates the sexual assault of women - men should feel free to grab women's genitals whenever they feel like it, though Cheeto put it in much cruder terms. So it's not too surprising to see them pass laws that make it the female's fault when she is raped/sexually assaulted. Not much difference between a republican and muslim fundamentalist on their treatment of women.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Remember when health insurance was your privilege and responsibility?

While its a crappy thing to happen... This is what you get when the government goes meddling in things it shouldn't. It has the power to give and the power to take it all back and then some.

Guess dressing provocatively, and going to places where rape runs rampant (night clubs and roofies) are going to be out of the question. Probably going to see alot of women getting armed. And rightly so...

Should have just repealed the ACA entirely and gone back to how things used to be...

If you choose security over liberty you shall receive neither.
So you condone rape because it is the woman's fault for daring to dress as she wishes and go to a nightclub just like men do?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:37 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Remember when health insurance companies would look into your history to find anything that they could call a pre-existing condition to deny payment on your current and new health problem?

When Health Coverage Doesn't Hold Up - CBS News

Well this practice will be back with the new healthcare bill.

Under New Health-Care Bill, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

Amendment to House ACA Repeal Bill Guts Protections for People with Pre-Existing Conditions | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
I did not see the amendment or any true wording that said that rape is a preexisting condition.
Nor did I see working that pre-existing conditions would not be covered. What I read went to charging higher rates to people with pre-exisiting conditions and those with health issues that would require them to actually use the medical services much more than a healthy person who does not use medical services.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Remember when health insurance companies would look into your history to find anything that they could call a pre-existing condition to deny payment on your current and new health problem?

When Health Coverage Doesn't Hold Up - CBS News

Well this practice will be back with the new healthcare bill.

Under New Health-Care Bill, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

Amendment to House ACA Repeal Bill Guts Protections for People with Pre-Existing Conditions | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
I did not see Erectile Dysfunction on the list of pre-existing. Did I miss it?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:53 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I did not see Erectile Dysfunction on the list of pre-existing. Did I miss it?
Rape isn't there either from what people are saying so......

Old 05-05-2017, 09:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Just cause they don't think they saw it doesn't mean it's not there.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 AM

794 posts, read 1,324,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Did you honestly think the bill would say "Rape is a preexisting condition" or are you being obtuse on purpose?

In case you legitimately don't understand, I'll explain - The fact that the bill does not include language to prevent insurance companies from charging more or denying coverage for pre-existing conditions (similar to the ACA) means, BASED ON PAST HISTORY, that it is very likely that insurance companies will once again use events like rape, abuse, past C-section and many other medical issues as a reason to deny coverage (and make more money).

Old 05-05-2017, 10:20 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I did not see the amendment or any true wording that said that rape is a preexisting condition.
Nor did I see working that pre-existing conditions would not be covered. What I read went to charging higher rates to people with pre-exisiting conditions and those with health issues that would require them to actually use the medical services much more than a healthy person who does not use medical services.
I don't think the word rape is in the bill despite claims by some people it is there. However, ....

By letting states get waivers from the Obamacare pre-existing conditions provisions, the realistic fear is that those states and insurers will return to some old standards such as being the victim of sexual assault or domestic violence.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:26 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't think the word rape is in the bill despite claims by some people it is there. However, ....

By letting states get waivers from the Obamacare pre-existing conditions provisions, the realistic fear is that those states and insurers will return to some old standards such as being the victim of sexual assault or domestic violence.
Ok so when was rape and domestic violence a pre-existing condition and coverage refuse? A pre-existing condition of what?

And where does it say coverage will be refused for preexisting?

Old 05-05-2017, 11:09 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Did you honestly think the bill would say "Rape is a preexisting condition" or are you being obtuse on purpose?

In case you legitimately don't understand, I'll explain - The fact that the bill does not include language to prevent insurance companies from charging more or denying coverage for pre-existing conditions (similar to the ACA) means, BASED ON PAST HISTORY, that it is very likely that insurance companies will once again use events like rape, abuse, past C-section and many other medical issues as a reason to deny coverage (and make more money).
Oh so it's not there and this is just your over active imagination. Got it. Why do you people leave the house? Go hide under your beds so the Boogeyman can't get you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies