Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
And you think that's going to improve under Trumpcare? She'll be lucky​ if she can even get insurance with that pesky pre-existing condition of hers. I have no sympathy for you.
You speak as if this bill is a law yet. It still needs to go to the senate. Once it gets passed.Then come back and complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:41 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
And you think you will be better off under AHCA? Have you check the Kaiser site to see if that's true? And have you considered whether the new list of preexisting conditions will impact you or your loved ones?

Premiums and Tax Credits Under the Affordable Care Act vs. the American Health Care Act: Interactive Maps | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
I had a nice plan a few years back . 0 deductible. It was great. But obummer-care ruined it and it was dropped for no reason...

Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Well, you have to consider a plan that works for everyone, not just you.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times
Obamacare was one of the main reasons I switched to GOP. Heavy premiums & deductibles cost dems heavy election loss. I dont know if the new reform will fix anything. ACA should never have been passed. Dems have done huge damages that unfortunately might never get undone. I am never going to vote for them again. They hate this country & hardworking American people.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times
using that kaiser link my brother, who is on a fixed income & under 60 yrs old, his premium would go up 252%. when he reaches 60 yrs old it goes up 1350%

good gawd

Old 05-04-2017, 08:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
President Trump likes the system in Australia -- he said so.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
I saw a video of President Obama where he was asked why he didn't push for single payer. His reply; 2008 wasn't the time to eliminate the health insurance industry. He had his hands full dealing with the financial crash, and then passing the first step towards civilized healthcare.

After Ted Kennedy died, he lost his filibuster proof Senate majority. No chance to fix the ACA's rough edges (anyone remember the PCIP) let alone adding in a public option once the economy started recovering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He didn't think he could pass universal healthcare. He was hoping for a bi-partisan agreement. Thats why he based it on a Republican idea for healthcare from the heritage foundation, and put in over 100 Republican amendments.

You're right though, using a conservative idea was probably a poor choice.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
For the last 4 years+ I've been paying overpriced health insurance with super high deductibles. It amounts to nothing more than a tax on the middle class. Poor people always had Medicaid as a fall back and Obama simply expanded Medicaid to more people yet he couldn't forced the single-payer system as the rich were able to lobby out and the mandate off.

Obama became the middle-class destroyer because without the rich paying into Obamacare, he had no choice but to push the cost onto Health Insurance companies fooling them into thinking that young people would all buy into the initial cheap deals such as $400/month but 4-6k deductibles.

Of course the millennials are not stupid they have Google to help them think and a simple search taught them ACA is a terrible deal and it's cheaper to pay the fine then to pay in.

While Obama allowed rich companies like Apple, Facebook, Microsoft continued abuse of taxes and outsourcing of jobs to cheap labor continued increase the income inequalities.

20 year olds today couldn't get a job nor insurance because no company under Obama have to hire Americans and it's cheaper to hire illegals on work visas that don't get any insurance so they don't have to pay ACA taxes too.

Obama's ACA is the destroyer of the middle class and enabled the elite rich get even richer.

Trumpcare is the beginning of slowly winding down government forced health insurance.

: smack::s mack::sm ack::sma ck::smac k:

Do you realize how ignorant your assertion is? I didn't even read the rest of your post. Full stop.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
President Trump likes the system in Australia -- he said so.
Yes--he thinks universal health care is a much better system. Will he remember he said this tomorrow when it is reported in the news, or will he say it is fake?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
If this bill goes though I'm just happy I won't be forced into paying for health insurance, with that said the government should go after those companies who charge people a arm & leg for insurance. Until that happens this is just more proof that government (pick a side) is just in it for themselves not the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies