Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In addition to my last post, here is a snapshot regarding who voted for the current President.

58% of Whites voted for Trump
8% of Blacks voted for Trump
29% of Hispanics voted for Trump
29% of Asians voted for Trump
37% of those who identify as "other" voted for Trump

Looking at the demographics, this is what I observed. Asians and Hispanics voted for Trump well above their representation in the US population. Blacks and Whites voted for Trump somewhat below their representation in the US population. Of course, you have to consider that voter turnout in this election was relatively low compared to the last two elections. 3rd party voters also played a role in this election.
You may want to take another look...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:01 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Some people are describing todays America as a 'Kakistocracy' I think that's pretty accurate.
Under trump it's more of a "caca-stocracy"

Old 05-09-2017, 12:21 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
The picture of "Trump's America" looks far more like her neck of the woods, too. There's a simple formula: anyone white person who crows on about diversity and how much they don't like white people lives in a very white community, has a very white social circle, and sends her kids to very white schools. Bank on it.
Yeah they're called limousine liberals for that reason! Its easy to preach diversity from your affluent lilly-white neighborhood. Then those types befriend the token minority in that lilly-white town so they can show off how hip, and trendy, and socially enlightened they are. I.e. Twin Cities suburbs

Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Yeah they're called limousine liberals for that reason! Its easy to preach diversity from your affluent lilly-white neighborhood. Then those types befriend the token minority in that lilly-white town so they can show off how hip, and trendy, and socially enlightened they are. I.e. Twin Cities suburbs
We also have corporate jet conservatives. Personally, I've never worried about "limousine liberals". They've never done anything to me. I've been harmed more by rednecks and hood rats far more than limousine liberals.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
*yawn*

Demographics are meaningless when America was founded on an idea. We're not just any old nation built around a skin color or an ethnicity. This nation was created on a set of values and principles that have nothing to do with skin color, language, or ethnic background.
This is a popular myth, mostly promoted by a certain ethnic group which came to America around the turn of the 20th century. But of course the United States is a product of the Anglo-American culture of its founders.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When you walk down the street or go to a mall or public park, do you watch the people who pass you by? I see men and women, young and old, and people from different races and cultures. This is my America.

https://i1.wp.com/richestlifestyle.c...?fit=850%2C526

However, when I saw the President today with the Republican House members standing with him in the Rose Garden, I wondered why Trump's America looks so different from mine.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/i...-678665956.jpg

I posted links to images, since I don't know how to post photos..sorry.

Hmmm....women have outvoted men in every national election since 1980, yet Trump is President.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:31 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Um, is fat lou your real name? This is an internet forum.

Anyway, my response was to "WiseMan" who wrote that the majority of Democrats is black which is a false statement. In fact, it doesn't even make sense. If he wrote that a black voter is more likely to vote Democrat, I would agree, but that's not what he wrote.

By the way, there should be no personal attacks on a thread just because someone is making an observation. My observation, based on the photo I posted, is the Republican Party that voted for the new health care bill is made up of mostly older, wealthier white men.

Democrats (the political left in general) are not pro-diversity; they are anti-white and anti-male.

"Pro-diversity" is a euphemism for not white male.

Here's the issue...

The overwhelming majority of white males work for a living and pay income taxes.

Because of their income level and tendency to remain gainfully employed at all times, they are mostly ineligible for the social welfare programs their tax dollars fund.

Since Democrat's support is largely the result of give-away programs, and since they can't bribe working while males with their own money, Democrat have basically written-off working white males and the concerns working white males have (e.g., lower taxes, reduced spending, border control, ending affirmative action).

Moreover, the left, in spite of lip service to the contrary, have allied themselves with the donor class.

Their common interest (screwing people who work for a living) has forged an inseparable bond between the two groups.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:34 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I live in Los Angeles. My America is even more diverse than your photo.

I'm often shocked by the people who show up for political rallies, particularly in the Midwest. I always wonder where they found all the white people. It seems weird to me anymore.
I lived in neighborhoods where even the white people would probably be Italian or Polish or Albanian. The Midwest is a strange strange place (aside from Chicago of course)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies