Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 06:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
And who are you that makes your opinion more valuable than either of these people?

Anyone who says that people should stay out of politics are, if it were up to me, enemies of the state. Were we to live in a less civilized time, I'd say they deserve to be shot. Lucky for them, we don't and such punishment is barbaric. But it makes my point clear. You cannot support a republican government and believe that some people should keep their mouthes shut about politics. To do so makes one a hypocrite of the most shameful caliber.
You must have misread. Where did the poster say that anyone should 'stay out of politics' or 'keep their mouths shut'.

The only opinion stated was that some assessments, such as King's, aren't worthy of acceptance.

BTW, your own post denies the right to speak to those you say should be shot.

Interesting conflict of position, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 06:43 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You must have misread. Where did the poster say that anyone should 'stay out of politics' or 'keep their mouths shut'.

The only opinion stated was that some assessments, such as King's, aren't worthy of acceptance.

BTW, your own post denies the right to speak to those you say should be shot.

Interesting conflict of position, don't you think?
He said "Stick to writing science fiction." What about that isn't clear to you?

I don't deny people the right to speak. I simply make an honest observation. People who claim they support freedom, as I'm sure that person does, then thinks people who have opinions he doesn't like should keep out of politics don't support freedom. They're hypocrites undeserving of respect. They are free to earn that back though by accepting the reality that some people don't agree with them (my parents taught me this is how the world works; glad I can be of service to those who never seemed to learn that lesson).

Old 05-05-2017, 06:44 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
He has his F'ed up prejudices which ham string his writing and if left to plot America's course, his beliefs would lead to an America so dysfunctional and badly managed he'd be the first in line to flee the country.
He's an imbecile when it comes to politics. Presidents selected by NWO globalists and a completely corrupted government doesn't scare him? We have that now and Trump is only a speed bump in their machinations. If he wasn't so creatively burned out he could write a book about it. But he'd never have the guts to dare go up against the people that do scare him.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Mr. King lives in a world of horrors that exude from his imagination.

Something must be deeply disturbed in a mind that can conceive, and focus, on his kind of fiction.

No, you can't dismiss what he (and millions of other people) are saying that easily. Whenever so many regular people, like us, plus mental health professionals, professors, scholars, and people from every walks of life, say they are seeing something not quite right about Trump, then something needs to be looked at. Trump is not just "odd", he really shows signs of some much deeper issues.

Trumps' behavior is not just that he is rude, or pushy, but it is truly bizarre in so many ways. The way he can not let go of anything that is said against him, or that he perceives as insulting. Like clockwork, you can know he is going to tweet some ugly comeback, whenever something like this happens. The way he rambles on and on are also indicative of some issues going on in his brain.

Immaturity is another very obvious weakness he has. He looks at the world in childlike terms, and has the understanding level of an 8 year old. I am not just saying that to be cruel, those are things that so many others see, and we do not see it because we "lost the election" , we see it because it is so damn obvious.

Like King, I am very concerned about what Trump will get America into.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:52 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Who the heck cares. It matters as much as what the Kartrashians think.

Shut up and write
Shut up and act
Shut up and sing

Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Who the heck cares. It matters as much as what the Kartrashians think.

Shut up and write
Shut up and act
Shut up and sing
Did you say the same about trump when he commented constantly about politics while his main gig was being on The Apprentice?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:12 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Steven King is a lousy writer. Really lousy!! Anyone could write a fake horror tale and his are the worst one can imagine. He has zero talent.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, you can't dismiss what he (and millions of other people) are saying that easily. Whenever so many regular people, like us, plus mental health professionals, professors, scholars, and people from every walks of life, say they are seeing something not quite right about Trump, then something needs to be looked at. Trump is not just "odd", he really shows signs of some much deeper issues.

Trumps' behavior is not just that he is rude, or pushy, but it is truly bizarre in so many ways. The way he can not let go of anything that is said against him, or that he perceives as insulting. Like clockwork, you can know he is going to tweet some ugly comeback, whenever something like this happens. The way he rambles on and on are also indicative of some issues going on in his brain.

Immaturity is another very obvious weakness he has. He looks at the world in childlike terms, and has the understanding level of an 8 year old. I am not just saying that to be cruel, those are things that so many others see, and we do not see it because we "lost the election" , we see it because it is so damn obvious.

Like King, I am very concerned about what Trump will get America into.
It's the left that constitutes your "millions" who are commenting on what their opinions are of a man they do not know but judge from negative, very distant things in the past and from his unorthodox way of communicating with the public now.

I could easily apply some of the personality descriptions that you toss out here to liberals.

Truly bizarre, rude, pushy, arrogant, insisting that we all agree with them or else, lots of ugly come-backs when we disagree with the left, immaturity evident in name calling, much like an 8 year old.

IMHO most liberals are not "regular people". They idealize the world and want to force everyone to live in their version, or they'll boycott, burn, riot, wreck businesses and cars, and endanger people to get their way.

The more I see and hear of the left and Democrats/progressives, the less I like them. And I never felt that way before.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:46 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Great writer but has the political opinions of a scared old lady.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:59 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Sooo....I'm guessing he forgot that he wrote The Stand where about 99% of the worlds population died?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies