Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 05:58 PM

42,847 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
If Planned Parenthood really cares about people and needs federal funding to keep its doors open, then it may want to stop providing abortion services. That seems like its best shot and least damaging option to get federal funding, since abortion only accounts for 3% of its services anyway. Knowing that abortion is such a controversial subject, any competent leader would not put the organization at risk for a mere 3%.
Why should they? Abortion is legal, and as long as that law is in place maybe you should just mind your own business and get a new hobby. And besides...what the righties take away from PP the left will restore when they take over congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Of course it's taxpayer funded. Giving taxpayer money to PP for their "non-abortion" activities indirectly funds abortion. It's like giving a homeless guy a twenty and making him promise not to buy booze with it.
really?

Old 05-06-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Read my post slowly next time.
Ok I just did, it says the same thing that it did when I posted my comment

Old 05-06-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Hmmmmmmm....."Because they do many, many, many more things than abortions"

There is more info out there if you want to look it up

https://aclj.org/pro-life/how-much-p...really-provide
You really compromise your argument when you use ACLJ as a source
10 Things You Should Know About the American Center For Law & Justice | Human Rights Campaign

Old 05-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Before there was planned parenthood, there were county clinics that gave free contraception, cancer screenings, and abortions
And they still exist
Along with even more places to get free contraceptions, high schools, colleges, etc...
So we won't notice Planned Parenthood is gone, Trust me.
People still have plenty of options but by Counties who don't profit off of killings and sell baby parts. And they don't encourage pre-marital sex nor promiscuous behavior to make more $$ either. More non- biased healthcare basically
Nothing lost if Planned Parenthood is de-funded
Hello...99% of county clinics are gone, do you really anticipate them opening again? And I have never heard of a high school giving out contraception. Here's the deal. If a woman wants an abortion she will get one, it's been that way forever. Legal abortion in places like PP gives poor women the same access to safe abortions that wealthy women have always had.

I went to high school in the 60's and by my senior year probably a third of the girls had abortions. The wealthy ones took three days off school and came back with a note from their mother, they had simply gone off to the "friendly" family doctor and had a D&C for 'female problems'. The poor girls...well they might have tried the old trick of having their boyfriend punch them in the stomach until labor started, or they might have found a retired nurse or a doctor who had lost his license, or even worse they might have found a friend who would try to induce abortion with a coat hanger.

My best friend had one of those abortions, she acquired an infection and ended up having a complete hysterectomy at 18. NancyDrew1, is that really what you want to bring back? Think real hard on it because no matter how self righteous you are about abortion you will NOT stop women from having them, you will just make them less safe for poor women.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:18 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Ok I'll explain this one more time.
PP was very necessary when it first came about. I lived through the free love 60s and 70s, so I know the challenges for women who needed to control their reproductive choices, when there were formerly none.
This is now. Birth control is readily available. So is the morning after pill. I do not know where one would go for an abortion, so maybe this is the only thing PP is good for, but I suspect that they are available somewhere else.

My point is that, just because something was relevant once, does not mean it still is.

I met a die hard lib woman..childless by choice. She had moved from a different state. She was about 60 at the time, and she happened to mention that she had go to PP for a check up, and they turned her away because they only dealt with younger women. What does this tell us? It tells me that unless you are abortion material you are of no use to them.

I also have relatives who are rabid liberals. One of their big issues was whether their daughter could get free birth control or perhaps abortions from PP. They only care about getting something for nothing.
Needless to say, we no longer have any use for these people.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:24 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those that already work in the Texas health care system and other states have already indicated they would be unable to accommodate the work load if PP closed so know I don't trust you. Making it more difficult for low income people to acquire minimal health services purely because some right wing zealots don't like an organization is beyond comprehension.

The issue with PP selling fetuses for profit was all contrived and those people that created this fake controversy are still on trial.
The only thing contrived is your post. PLANNED PARENTHOOD sells body parts from aborted babies for profit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBj7zJ6QwQo 20/20 & MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwHqBQKlQY Fox NEWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q8r0wJpJLk CNN

If they are low income as you say, then they qualify for medicaid which provides these services.

There are MANY more places to obtain birth control now than ever. Especially when I was in high school and I HAD NO MEDICAID

Again, it's your own post which is completely CONTRIVED.

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-06-2017 at 06:45 PM..

Old 05-06-2017, 06:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok I'll explain this one more time.
PP was very necessary when it first came about. I lived through the free love 60s and 70s, so I know the challenges for women who needed to control their reproductive choices, when there were formerly none.
This is now. Birth control is readily available. So is the morning after pill. I do not know where one would go for an abortion, so maybe this is the only thing PP is good for, but I suspect that they are available somewhere else.

My point is that, just because something was relevant once, does not mean it still is.

I met a die hard lib woman..childless by choice. She had moved from a different state. She was about 60 at the time, and she happened to mention that she had go to PP for a check up, and they turned her away because they only dealt with younger women. What does this tell us? It tells me that unless you are abortion material you are of no use to them.

I also have relatives who are rabid liberals. One of their big issues was whether their daughter could get free birth control or perhaps abortions from PP. They only care about getting something for nothing.
Needless to say, we no longer have any use for these people.
birth control being more widely available than it was when PP started doesn't make PP irrelevant. PP does many things besides abortions.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's not so much medicaid patients, it's the only source for health services for poor childless women in states that did not expand medicaid, that contingent is not eligible for any publicly funded healthcare so if they lose access to routine healthcare through PP they very well might not have any other access to a doctor.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/u...hood.html?_r=0

Old 05-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Hello...99% of county clinics are gone, do you really anticipate them opening again? And I have never heard of a high school giving out contraception. Here's the deal. If a woman wants an abortion she will get one, it's been that way forever. Legal abortion in places like PP gives poor women the same access to safe abortions that wealthy women have always had.

I went to high school in the 60's and by my senior year probably a third of the girls had abortions. The wealthy ones took three days off school and came back with a note from their mother, they had simply gone off to the "friendly" family doctor and had a D&C for 'female problems'. The poor girls...well they might have tried the old trick of having their boyfriend punch them in the stomach until labor started, or they might have found a retired nurse or a doctor who had lost his license, or even worse they might have found a friend who would try to induce abortion with a coat hanger.

My best friend had one of those abortions, she acquired an infection and ended up having a complete hysterectomy at 18. NancyDrew1, is that really what you want to bring back? Think real hard on it because no matter how self righteous you are about abortion you will NOT stop women from having them, you will just make them less safe for poor women.
Colleges and High Schools give out contraception. Heck the local bars sell condoms here!

The Clinics that I used ARE STILL HERE and doing exactly what they did before.

but now add all of the local colleges

And the 18+ yr old kids on medicaid

And others on Medicaid due to medicaid expansion

Indian Health Clinics, which used to be solely for Native Americans, offer contraception to anyone

It's all good. Just relax.

I do not want any of your friends to have an infection, of course not. Nor do I want any of your friends, or future friends, tortured then MURDERED and their body parts sold for a profit. And if I had to choose to prevent one of your friends being murdered or enduring an infection, which do you think I'd choose? hint hint. The lesser of the two

I will not advocate for murder, sorry 2sleepy. All because you are afraid of a possible, and at best, rare circumstance, of a mother sticking a coat hanger up her own body. That's not logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies