Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:11 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
There's nothing to sell. It's not law and there are going to be many revisions when it gets to the Senate. Then it's going to be batted around and may not look anything like it does now. It's not a done deal. Too many just want to celebrate or get their knickers in a twist over something that is not an issue...yet.

So far, no one is doing away with pre-exisiting conditions and it's not set in stone that the costs would rise.

I just wish people would wait before they jump.

Or better yet, write your congress critter. Let them know your concerns.

Here's an article
that I'm just beginning to read but, it may be of some interest to some.

Why? They really don't care, this is a partisan issue, this isn't about the cost, quality, or access to health care for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 06:13 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, when this is a possibility for many, many thousands like your sister, how will the public feel? This will be in the news everyday, every hour and every minute. I hope the GOP who voted for it are ready to be booted out in their butt. I can't see most Americans supporting this, esp. as months and years go on. It will be a no go and they will have egg on their face.
Fox News and Rush Limbaugh will tell them that it's all Obama's fault. The average Trump voters aren't exactly well informed in the first place, so they'll believe that Obama's death panels killed their friend, relative, spouse, whoever. And they'll keep voting Republican.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:30 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Judging by many people here on C-D, their reaction will be, meh, who cares? Let her die. It's not my family, so what should I give a damn? Until, of course, it is you or your family.

But the callousness with which people's lives are dismissed as not important is truly dismaying.
I dont get why people arent more angry.

So this clown ass president you have supports a healtcare plan that will basically kill your sister and they laugh about it here in a public forum and no one says anything.

Hey republicans, why do you want all this people to lose medical care, all this people to die?

Old 05-06-2017, 06:50 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am a lib but I am in no way happy with the ACA. The right somehow does not realize that we pay the same high costs for our medical coverage as they do. So I am open to the idea of a new plan but I'm not so sure I or anyone else really understands this new proposal.

I am 58, my wife has chronic back and other pre-existing conditions. We are hardly alone, many of you are in the same position. So please help me understand how I should be excited at the possibility of much higher costs for health care for us moving forward?

I'm dead serious here, if I'm wrong and it's a good plan for seniors I'm thrilled.
It is not finished yet.

You may be one of the peole happy with the ppaca but like you there are horror stories of people that cannot afford the premiums and deductible. So your concerns are matched by another on the oppostise side of the ppaca.

Can you support a bill that the legislators never read or understood?

Are you okay with a DC elitist millionaire telling you, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"?????

What did you think of the promises about saving 2,500$$ and without qualification you can keep your doctor and insurnace company? That promise never materialized for most people.

The estimates for the cost for ppaca were galactically underestimated.

The law was said to be a fine not a tax and the SCOTUS only passed it because it was judged to be a tax, not a fine as the obama administration claimed. Politics at work, justice unblindfolded was needed to validate the ppaca.

If you worry about rumored possibilities you will make yourself sicker. You should be desensitized by now as the promises used to sell the ppaca were lies and costs went out of control.

Actually the ppaca was not SOLD to the people, it was imposed.

Good for you, but what about the family that got hurt by the ppaca?
You got yours, so the heck with them????

Old 05-06-2017, 07:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well to start off Obama Care is in spiral death. At this point the new plan is miles ahead of O Care.
Insurance providers are opting out and by next some states will not health care under the current Obama Care plan.
However the proposed plan does cover preexisting conditions and the pay does not nee to pay for service that does not apply and states have more control over this plan as well.

Now the Bill goes to the Senate for refinement and we will have see how it lays out.
You say it is better but no specifics.

You say what is wrong Obamacare but don't say what is good with Trumpcare.

From what I'm reading one is as bad as the other.
cks.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Fox News and Rush Limbaugh will tell them that it's all Obama's fault. The average Trump voters aren't exactly well informed in the first place, so they'll believe that Obama's death panels killed their friend, relative, spouse, whoever. And they'll keep voting Republican.
Of course it is all the Democrats fault. Obama didn't get any legislation through the last six years because of Democrats -- not because Republicans refused to compromise, work with, even show up to play.

(Democrats did the same to Bush).

It's a game -- and we often aid and bet them in their stupid childish games by continually voting in the same players.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
It is not finished yet.

You may be one of the peole happy with the ppaca but like you there are horror stories of people that cannot afford the premiums and deductible. So your concerns are matched by another on the oppostise side of the ppaca.

Can you support a bill that the legislators never read or understood?

Are you okay with a DC elitist millionaire telling you, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"?????

What did you think of the promises about saving 2,500$$ and without qualification you can keep your doctor and insurnace company? That promise never materialized for most people.

The estimates for the cost for ppaca were galactically underestimated.

The law was said to be a fine not a tax and the SCOTUS only passed it because it was judged to be a tax, not a fine as the obama administration claimed. Politics at work, justice unblindfolded was needed to validate the ppaca.

If you worry about rumored possibilities you will make yourself sicker. You should be desensitized by now as the promises used to sell the ppaca were lies and costs went out of control.

Actually the ppaca was not SOLD to the people, it was imposed.

Good for you, but what about the family that got hurt by the ppaca?
You got yours, so the heck with them????
WTH are you ranting about? The OP admitted he wasn't happy with ACA and he was asking for what the GOP alternative offered to improve things. Just about everything you accuse the democrats of, pushing the ACA through congress, is being repeated by the other side. By all accounts, nobody seems to have a grasp of what this alternative is going to look like in the end.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I dont get why people arent more angry.

So this clown ass president you have supports a healtcare plan that will basically kill your sister and they laugh about it here in a public forum and no one says anything.

Hey republicans, why do you want all this people to lose medical care, all this people to die?

People are angry Sophie, and we're being manipulated to go after each other instead of rebelling against the source of our problems. Argentina has seen it's share of upheaval too, this is solely about politics and power.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:14 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am a lib but I am in no way happy with the ACA. The right somehow does not realize that we pay the same high costs for our medical coverage as they do. So I am open to the idea of a new plan but I'm not so sure I or anyone else really understands this new proposal.

I am 58, my wife has chronic back and other pre-existing conditions. We are hardly alone, many of you are in the same position. So please help me understand how I should be excited at the possibility of much higher costs for health care for us moving forward?

I'm dead serious here, if I'm wrong and it's a good plan for seniors I'm thrilled.
No ,it sucks for everyone.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:19 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
People are angry Sophie, and we're being manipulated to go after each other instead of rebelling against the source of our problems. Argentina has seen it's share of upheaval too, this is solely about politics and power.
But when we are angry we protest against the goverment. We now have a stupid right wing president whos doing stupid things and he gets protests every day. Example: they dont wanna raise salaries of public teachers despite the inflation, so teachers have been protesting since march.
Thousand of women have been protesting all over the country many times this year for many issues and so on and so on
Guilds of most areas are stopping activities.

Do you have guilds there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies