Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
But when we are angry we protest against the goverment. We now have a stupid right wing president whos doing stupid things and he gets protests every day. Example: they dont wanna raise salaries of public teachers despite the inflation, so teachers have been protesting since march.
Thousand of women have been protesting all over the country many times this year for many issues and so on and so on
Guilds of most areas are stopping activities.

Do you have guilds there?
Are guilds like unions? The government has wiped out many unions here, over the years, when labor was organized and workers shared solidarity, the middle class was prosperous. Today the mentality is, if I have mine, I don't care about you. Hence the medical insurance battle, I feel fine so I shouldn't have to pay to keep you alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:33 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
It is not finished yet.

You may be one of the peole happy with the ppaca but like you there are horror stories of people that cannot afford the premiums and deductible. So your concerns are matched by another on the oppostise side of the ppaca.

Can you support a bill that the legislators never read or understood?

Are you okay with a DC elitist millionaire telling you, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"?????

What did you think of the promises about saving 2,500$$ and without qualification you can keep your doctor and insurnace company? That promise never materialized for most people.

The estimates for the cost for ppaca were galactically underestimated.

The law was said to be a fine not a tax and the SCOTUS only passed it because it was judged to be a tax, not a fine as the obama administration claimed. Politics at work, justice unblindfolded was needed to validate the ppaca.

If you worry about rumored possibilities you will make yourself sicker. You should be desensitized by now as the promises used to sell the ppaca were lies and costs went out of control.

Actually the ppaca was not SOLD to the people, it was imposed.

Good for you, but what about the family that got hurt by the ppaca?
You got yours, so the heck with them????
I have said very clearly in my opening post that I am not a fan of the ACA and welcome a better plan. Why do all you Trump supporters all assume those opposed to him loved the ACA? Please try and keep up.

While you are correct this is not final now it's far enough down the process for me to want to understand it and show my concern for the many people who will get hurt by it in its current state. I want to believe what is proposed is a better option as your President promised. After all these posts not one post gave me any indication that it is.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I would to like to see something about this bill that makes sense. The ACA definitely needed reform however what was put out by the Trump team seems so far as reprehensible.

Healthcare for the elderly could increase tremendously. People keep saying 'but they are the most sick'. What about the years they paid into the system as a healthy person?

Most of my family has some pre-existing condition. We will probably no longer be able to afford health insurance. I am due for my mammogram and currently can't afford the $600 to get it done.

Preventative care will go out the window.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:03 AM

34,038 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
?

Most of my family has some pre-existing condition. We will probably no longer be able to afford health insurance. I am due for my mammogram and currently can't afford the $600 to get it done.

The current system is failing you. Embrace change. ACA is horrific. It created millions like you. I had a cousin covered who self medicated after a major fall cause she can't afford the ACA plan deductible.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The current system is failing you. Embrace change. ACA is horrific. It created millions like you. I had a cousin covered who self medicated after a major fall cause she can't afford the ACA plan deductible.
How is this new bill better? Be specific.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:04 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Judging by many people here on C-D, their reaction will be, meh, who cares? Let her die. It's not my family, so what should I give a damn? Until, of course, it is you or your family.

But the callousness with which people's lives are dismissed as not important is truly dismaying.
Ya, I think Trump brings out the worst in people. Already there, but he lets it be "okay" for them to feel what they felt all along and appeals to the lowest part of ourselves. He got elected on that.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:06 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I dont get why people arent more angry.

So this clown ass president you have supports a healtcare plan that will basically kill your sister and they laugh about it here in a public forum and no one says anything.

Hey republicans, why do you want all this people to lose medical care, all this people to die?
There are posters on here who've said that someone dying isn't their problem, they don't want to pay for others and really couldn't care less. It's just what they feel.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How is this new bill better? Be specific.
I am disinterested in this bill, and will comment when the Senate-House compromise bill comes out, most likely IMO 8-12 weeks away. The House bill served its purpose-gets Senate to pass one, then a joint committee.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

Healthcare for the elderly could increase tremendously. People keep saying 'but they are the most sick'. What about the years they paid into the system as a healthy person?
People between 45-65 will have much higher premiums. These people aren't elderly and most don't even qualify for senior discounts yet at that age. They can be fit and healthy and non-smoker and perfect weight and they would be charged a mich higher premium under Trumpcare than under Obamacare.

Trump said he was going to reduce premiums yet he is backing a plan that significantly increases premiums for people 45-65.

Oh - that's right, Trumpcare does impacts elderly people(even past age 65) that are in nursing homes and are on medicaid.

65% of all nursing home residents in the USA are on Medicaid. These are mostly regular everyday people that had jobs and homes and were middle class workers and paid taxes their entire life. When they got old and feeble they spent all their life savings on the nursing home until their money ran out. It costs $85,000/year for a nursing home so their savings was spent quickly.

Once they run out of money they go on Medicaid and Medicaid picks up the nursing home bill. With Trumpcare comes medicaid cuts. Maybe they'll roll out the 92 year old half blind grandma onto the street and attach a package of depends to her wheelchair. Maybe Turmpcare's new plan will tell her to get a job or sign up for career assessment training or volunteer work, else they will cut off her medicaid?

Old 05-06-2017, 09:11 AM

BTW I do agree with the older population paying more as ACA raped the 20 and 30 somethings. They should be paying just a small fraction of what Grandpa pays. They pay far more in auto insurance and Grandpa likes his lower rates there. Doesn't mind grandson soaked there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies