Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 12:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times

Advertisements

Why? Do you REALLY not care about your fellow human? Are you really ok as long as you get yours? Do you REALLY think the root cause of poverty is laziness? Do you REALLY think (all evidence to the contrary) that trickle down economics of tax breaks for the wealthy improves the economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 12:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Why? Do you REALLY not care about your fellow human? Are you really ok as long as you get yours? Do you REALLY think the root cause of poverty is laziness? Do you REALLY think (all evidence to the contrary) that trickle down economics of tax breaks for the wealthy improves the economy?
LOL. I was about to say "What? You believe in magic unicorns funding infrastructure?" Sadly, you appear sane. Disappointment.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:46 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Taxes are straight up theft and no one should be robbed no matter the demographic

Old 05-05-2017, 12:54 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Taxes are straight up theft and no one should be robbed no matter the demographic
Theft is illegal. Your definition is still wrong. I get it you dont like taxes.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because infrastructure and government services are paid for by magic unicorns. Instead lets just have anarchy and chaos?

Actually let me ask a different question.....would you feel the same if taxes were abolished, and instead the government printed money to pay for everything? IE via inflation?

Or maybe massive tariffs on export/imports? (This fails shortly due to advancing technology by the way)

Or? Because lets assume you don't think unicorns will pay for it (A not unreasonable assumption). What would pay for the functions of our government?

Old 05-05-2017, 12:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Theft is illegal. Your definition is still wrong. I get it you dont like taxes.
If confiscation of 100% of the fruits of your labor under threat of codified force is theft/slavery at what percent does this confiscation cease to be theft/slavery and become some new term (you folks like using the word taxes)?

1%?

99%?

31.54876%?

Old 05-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If confiscation of 100% of the fruits of your labor under threat of codified force is theft/slavery at what percent does this confiscation cease to be theft/slavery and become some new term (you folks like using the word taxes)?

1%?

99%?

31.54876%?
If you get no benefit in any way then you could argue this.

But right now you are making your argument on stuff that the government made possible.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Today's Democrats are the open borders, 'I'm a global citizen' types. When they're done taxing rich people, they'll come for the rest of us next since globally, we are the rich people.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Congress turns its attention to the Trump tax proposals. We will surely hear daily about the “party of the rich” shoveling money toward millionaires and billionaires at the expense of the restive working class that elected The Donald in the first place.

Here is a good read.... In the Class War, a Flanking Maneuver

Trump Tax: Standard Deduction to Increase? | National Review

Old 05-05-2017, 01:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If you get no benefit in any way then you could argue this.

But right now you are making your argument on stuff that the government made possible.
Give me your address.

Tomorrow morning I'm cutting your grass and then knocking on your door demanding $20 for the service.

Don't even think of not paying up. I have a monopoly on force and will cage or kill you if I'm not compensated.

Hold up your end of my social contract. You signed it by existing and remaining in a specific geographic location.

(Tips are appreciated...I'm awesome with a trimmer ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies