Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 01:36 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Don't you think it's a problem that adults on Food Stamps and adult Black women have significantly higher obesity rates than the general population? Obesity carries much higher health risks and obese individuals incur substantially higher health care costs.
Ignore the rest of my post? Explain Donald Trump's excessive weight problem? Male, White, and I would guess with 100% certainty has never been on Food Stamps.

Poor eating habits, and probably, a genetic propensity.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:47 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Ignore the rest of my post? Explain Donald Trump's excessive weight problem?
Can Trump pay for his own health care? Yes.

Who you should be more concerned about: Food Stamp recipients and Black women. Both groups have significantly higher obesity rates than the general population. Both groups are unlikely to be able to pay for their own health care. Both groups are highly unlikely to have voted for Trump.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:31 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm fine with personal decisions affecting people.

I want to know when we remove the fattening and unhealthy foods fro the food assistance programs.

I hope the liberals are ok with that, but I'm betting they would oppose it.
That's unlikely to happen. Corn is subsidized and has a powerful lobby. Lots of high fructose corn syrup in junk food and soda. Their pocket politicians aren't going to push to hard to end their second subsidy via SNAP.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:51 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscusharry View Post
Im sure this is just a coincidence right? Poor health choices and eating habits lead to disease. Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this?

11 Trump states to be affected by pre-existing conditions - CNNPolitics.com
I have to take medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am thin and work out. It's all hereditary with me. Same with my husband. The reason everyone should be in the same pool because it will be cheaper for all of us. Do you have health insurance? If you don't and something happens to you then we all have to pay your expenses

Old 05-07-2017, 08:30 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have to take medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am thin and work out. It's all hereditary with me. Same with my husband. The reason everyone should be in the same pool because it will be cheaper for all of us. Do you have health insurance? If you don't and something happens to you then we all have to pay your expenses
^^^ same with me. I remember when I was 19, underweight but still had high cholesterol. Maybe if I had led a good life this wouldn't be my case

Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How about when people submit their tax returns, they step on the scale and include BMI, paying a penalty for obesity? Just throwing it out there as a suggestion.
I actually like this idea.

Universal healthcare and give a tax break for doing things that improve your health. Many company-provided policies do something similar - e.g. free HSA money for doing certain things.

While we're at it, let's stop encouraging people to get fat by doling out massive subsidies to corn/wheat/soy farmers. If we're going to subsidize farming, let's at least subsidize healthy things.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:27 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
What matters in a red vs. blue state debate is votes. And it's quite clear that the most obese segment of the population, Food Stamp recipients, overwhelmingly vote Dem.

Stick with your suggestion to make the obese pay a tax penalty. Those who cost extra in medical care costs, etc., pay extra. Makes sense.
I encourage you to visit ultra-red Oklahoma! Many on EBT and more hambeasts per sq mile than any state in America

Old 05-07-2017, 11:44 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So fat shaming is still OK?
moo.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Can Trump pay for his own health care? Yes.

Who you should be more concerned about: Food Stamp recipients and Black women. Both groups have significantly higher obesity rates than the general population. Both groups are unlikely to be able to pay for their own health care. Both groups are highly unlikely to have voted for Trump.
Actually we are paying for it at the moment.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I encourage you to visit ultra-red Oklahoma! Many on EBT and more hambeasts per sq mile than any state in America
Doesn't necessarily mean the "hambeasts" and EBTers in Oklahoma vote red. In fact, every poll and study has "hambeasts" and EBTers voting blue over red by at least a 2 to 1 margin. I've posted the Maxwell Poll results and the data from Pew Research.

It's quite clear that those on Food Stamps and Black women have the highest obesity rates, by far. And both groups overwhelmingly vote Dem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies