Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Indian subcontinent.
Zero history of leaving and invading different territory.
There is evidence that Indians are descended from outside conquerors.
Quote:
Most Indian groups descend from a mixture of two genetically divergent populations: Ancestral North Indians (ANI) related to Central Asians, Middle Easterners, Caucasians, and Europeans; and Ancestral South Indians (ASI) not closely related to groups outside the subcontinent. The date of mixture is unknown but has implications for understanding Indian history. We report genome-wide data from 73 groups from the Indian subcontinent and analyze linkage disequilibrium to estimate ANI-ASI mixture dates ranging from about 1,900 to 4,200 years ago. In a subset of groups, 100% of the mixture is consistent with having occurred during this period. These results show that India experienced a demographic transformation several thousand years ago...
Genetic Evidence for Recent Population Mixture in India

Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I never said that I created anything and I sure won't tell you about anything that I did. No to the second question. So you agree with the thread premise, good that you're not a complete in denial idiot.

You sound bitter, you okay?
Actually, I've never even considered the thread premise, much less agree with it

Patting oneself on the back for things he/she didn't do just because one happens to belong to the race or group of people that DID do it is something that I'll never give acknowledgement to.

Like them apples? I hope so. Because that's all I've got for you.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,167,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Indian subcontinent.
Zero history of leaving and invading different territory.
Different groups within India have been killing each other for millennia. Empires have risen and fallen and some of those empires extended outside of the Indian subcontinent. You are ignorant of history.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Many people like to hate on Whites because it's become socially acceptable and even encouraged in many circles. Most of the people who bash Whites are either stupid or ignorant, but often both. The ones who aren't stupid are either shameless liars hoping to gain social points by taking part in the nonsense or they are corrupt and immoral.

The obvious irony is that most of the people who freely attack Whites have no desire to live in societies where White people aren't in charge. Thousands die every year just hoping to live in White run countries. Yet many of the people moving en masse to White countries can't make the obvious connection that the success of White run countries is due to the White people that built those countries.
To be fair: tho Russians and Swedes are mostly "white"; not many people would pick Russia, not even darker skinned people, those dark people ain't that stupid.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:48 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
To an extent. But it's not THE factor. The west once had arguably the greatest civilization ever, but it was never home to the highest average IQs.
You don't have to be a genius, just relatively smart people with a good amount of common sense.
I would be willing to bet if you had a small country with all mentally challenged people or low IQ, they would be living in the stone ages or close to it.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:56 AM

5,887 posts, read 3,879,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
If it wasn't for the innovation of whites (and also East Asia such as Japan) the world would still be stuck in the stone age in the case of Africa, or little further than the bronze age in other still developing parts of the world. White nations also tend to be the most welcoming to immigrants, contrary to how "terrible" some people on the left today think our treatment is of them.
You must have missed something called Middle East innovation when you were in history class. Please return your GED asap.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:44 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Got to LOVE the racist title of this thread. Double standards & all.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:25 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,218,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You don't have to be a genius, just relatively smart people with a good amount of common sense.
I would be willing to bet if you had a small country with all mentally challenged people or low IQ, they would be living in the stone ages or close to it.
That's an absurd hypothetical. I'm standing by my point. Possessing the mental capacity to make great technological innovation still does not gauruntee the innovation will happen. The innovation relies on the need for innovation more so than the innovators intelligence. If you take out the former, the innovation cannot exist where as removing the latter will just put the burden on someone else.

And civilizational development, not dependent on technology but on politics, which is the REAL great achievement of the West, follows the same logic. Basic level human intellect is really all one needs to understand politics. That, and a desire to understand (which is where most of this forum runs into problems).

But all societies had and have technology and politics. And as I said, the West's true achievement was in politics, not technology. The West had among the best technology, but to say it was objectively superior is debatable. Compare early guns to bows. Big picture, where the gun is weakest, the bow excels and vice versa. The actual firing output of arrows is higher, as well as their accuracy, though guns are generally more terrifying and easier to use. The technology of native Americans to the first contact era Europeans wasn't like comparing 1790 with 2017. It was more like 1920 vs 1970. It's fair to say one side was more advanced technology but the extent of that advancement is grossly exaggerated. Native Americans could navigate, conduct warfare, communicate; they weren't traveling the world, but in fairness, they didn't have a massive crusade they needed to pay off. But politics is different. The West has the best political thought ever; period. Natives and any other society have politics, but not like the West.

And this point is important becasue we seem to be losing our grip on politics. When the Natives and Europeans made first contact, the West was just then beginning to get a hold on politics again after they lost in when Rome fell. Given the state of politics around the world (not just Trump; think back longer... fascism, communism, the National Security State, the atomic age; all part of my evidence), I think it's likely we're entering another period like the dark ages. Of course, you can't name the period you live in when you live in it. No one in the Renaissance called it that. A Thursday was still just a Thursday.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:33 AM

4,132 posts, read 2,822,625 times
C-D feeling a little insecure this weekend, gotta pat yourselves on the back over inventions by people who, outside of skin color, you have zero connection to? Have at it, lol.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:24 PM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
That's an absurd hypothetical. I'm standing by my point. Possessing the mental capacity to make great technological innovation still does not gauruntee the innovation will happen. The innovation relies on the need for innovation more so than the innovators intelligence. If you take out the former, the innovation cannot exist where as removing the latter will just put the burden on someone else.

And civilizational development, not dependent on technology but on politics, which is the REAL great achievement of the West, follows the same logic. Basic level human intellect is really all one needs to understand politics. That, and a desire to understand (which is where most of this forum runs into problems).

But all societies had and have technology and politics. And as I said, the West's true achievement was in politics, not technology. The West had among the best technology, but to say it was objectively superior is debatable. Compare early guns to bows. Big picture, where the gun is weakest, the bow excels and vice versa. The actual firing output of arrows is higher, as well as their accuracy, though guns are generally more terrifying and easier to use. The technology of native Americans to the first contact era Europeans wasn't like comparing 1790 with 2017. It was more like 1920 vs 1970. It's fair to say one side was more advanced technology but the extent of that advancement is grossly exaggerated. Native Americans could navigate, conduct warfare, communicate; they weren't traveling the world, but in fairness, they didn't have a massive crusade they needed to pay off. But politics is different. The West has the best political thought ever; period. Natives and any other society have politics, but not like the West.

And this point is important becasue we seem to be losing our grip on politics. When the Natives and Europeans made first contact, the West was just then beginning to get a hold on politics again after they lost in when Rome fell. Given the state of politics around the world (not just Trump; think back longer... fascism, communism, the National Security State, the atomic age; all part of my evidence), I think it's likely we're entering another period like the dark ages. Of course, you can't name the period you live in when you live in it. No one in the Renaissance called it that. A Thursday was still just a Thursday.
You still have to have superior intellect to be a great innovator/inventor, when did you ever hear of someone mentally challenged or low IQ invent anything, you have to be able to have some ability to do complex reasoning to invent things, the mentally challenged do not have the ability. The need for innovation is only the fuel for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.