Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 05:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Jeez, I dunno, perhaps it comes from white invasion and subjugation of non-whites.
Tell that to the whites in the former Rhodesia.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm not white, but I am glad to be living in a society that was founded largely on anglo-saxon principles. I personally believe it has produced the most civilized societies in the world.

Let's look at the other side of the coin then, shall we? I am part Native American, and if this culture would have dominated this continent, we would be way behind on technological innovation.

Or just look at existing societies such as all the countries in Africa or the middle east. Is this what anti-white people want?

I really don't understand the anti-white sentiment. The only way it makes sense is if people are just jealous and bitter, which appears to be the case.
And let me guess, your 4th great grandmother was a Cherokee princess, right?

Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
My white ancestors/immediate family fought Nazis, built tanks and automobiles, saved lives and other neat things. I should be allowed to have some level of pride with who I am and where I came from without being called a racist or a bigot by the racist, bigoted do-nothing leftist nazis.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And let me guess, your 4th great grandmother was a Cherokee princess, right?
Why did you even waste your time posting this?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
In the broad context of history, it hasn't taken all that long from the creation of the Declaration of Independence to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and progress is still ongoing.
In the long run we are all dead.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm not white, but I am glad to be living in a society that was founded largely on anglo-saxon principles. I personally believe it has produced the most civilized societies in the world.

Let's look at the other side of the coin then, shall we? I am part Native American, and if this culture would have dominated this continent, we would be way behind on technological innovation.

Or just look at existing societies such as all the countries in Africa or the middle east. Is this what anti-white people want?

I really don't understand the anti-white sentiment. The only way it makes sense is if people are just jealous and bitter, which appears to be the case.

There is that, but there are also lots of white people who use anti-white rhetoric to gain moral status points and position themselves as morally superior to other whites, or simply as a way to feel good about themselves despite their various human shortcomings.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:55 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think we owe a lot to the Protestant Reformation and the enlightenment that followed.

The resentment is due to the fact the concept that all men are endowed with natural rights has taken awhile to spread to the idea that "men" includes men of color and women.

Agreed-- even our D of I and Constitution did not consider those of color and women as being equals. You also were less than equal, even if white male and you did not own property,

Old 05-05-2017, 08:55 PM

800 posts, read 508,600 times
If it wasn't for the innovation of whites (and also East Asia such as Japan) the world would still be stuck in the stone age in the case of Africa, or little further than the bronze age in other still developing parts of the world. White nations also tend to be the most welcoming to immigrants, contrary to how "terrible" some people on the left today think our treatment is of them.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Was not it Muhammad Ali who stated somewthing like "I am sure glad my ancestor was on that boat?"

Old 05-05-2017, 09:05 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
If it wasn't for the innovation of whites (and also East Asia such as Japan) the world would still be stuck in the stone age in the case of Africa, or little further than the bronze age in other still developing parts of the world. White nations also tend to be the most welcoming to immigrants, contrary to how "terrible" some people on the left today think our treatment is of them.
You can't forget tho, that during the roughly 800-1000 years for the dark ages(fall of Rome to Age of Exploration), the most dominant educational, scientific, advanced areas, were in the Middle East.

Also don't forget the Moguls in the Indiam subcontinent or how advanced Marco Polo saw the Chinese as being comparted to the Venetians.

Why they didn't continue to achieve don't know. If they had continued to outpace the west, these areas would be on the top of the heap.

Maybe history suggests that all great civilizations collapse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies