Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 09:54 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Yes, the inventions of modernity are a blessing, evullll Whitey had a BIG hand in most of them.....including the ever-present transistor:

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-century-.html

"The invention of the transistor was probably the most important invention in the 20th century," said Risto Puhakka, president of VLSI Research Inc. "It has changed society. Look at transportation, computers, government, finance, manufacturing ... it's affected them all.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Why did you even waste your time posting this?
Racial chip on shoulder. Whites=bad

Old 05-05-2017, 10:29 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
I'm not white, but I am glad to be living in a society that was founded largely on anglo-saxon principles. I personally believe it has produced the most civilized societies in the world.

Let's look at the other side of the coin then, shall we? I am part Native American, and if this culture would have dominated this continent, we would be way behind on technological innovation.

Or just look at existing societies such as all the countries in Africa or the middle east. Is this what anti-white people want?

I really don't understand the anti-white sentiment. The only way it makes sense is if people are just jealous and bitter, which appears to be the case.
White people killed the Native Americans off and have greatly influenced middle Eastern and African culture. And to be honest, this is rarely present in how I look at political issues. BUT if you're gonna make sweeping assumptions about what the world would look like if... what? White people didn't colonize everything? Well, then I'm going to point out that you can't know... because they did. For all you know, we'd have colonies on Mars by now.

The fact is: race has nothing to do with civilizational development. Europeans got their technology because of needs that other cultures didn't have. I believe it was Francis Bacon who said that three basic innovations were what made the world better, believing them to have originated from Europe (gun powder, printing press, compass). They all came from China. If we assume that Europeans rapid development that occurred during the Renaissance was because of these things, then obviously the white race wasn't why.

Not that I think you've thought about this in depth. You strike me as nothing but a standards "trendy conservative" who likes to just say things that aren't politically correct because you think it makes you a rebel.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times

Let me try something.

Arab Muslims want to invade and subjugate your culture, how do you feel about that?
Quote:
Oh, and they're the only racial group that has ever done this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Name one culture that hasn't invaded and subjugated other people at some point in their history.
Can't imagine that this would be your response.

So, why is it your response on this topic?

Old 05-05-2017, 10:55 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In the long run we are all dead.
True!

Old 05-05-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
[/color]

Agreed-- even our D of I and Constitution did not consider those of color and women as being equals. You also were less than equal, even if white male and you did not own property,
Yeah, that was then and this is now. No point lamenting our history. It is what it is and nothing we can do about it.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
You can't forget tho, that during the roughly 800-1000 years for the dark ages(fall of Rome to Age of Exploration), the most dominant educational, scientific, advanced areas, were in the Middle East.
Also don't forget the Moguls in the Indiam subcontinent or how advanced Marco Polo saw the Chinese as being comparted to the Venetians.
The Chinese were by far the most advanced civilization in the world during Europe's Dark Ages. Achievements in the Middle East during that time are highly exaggerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbZNSEbYFk

Quote:
Why they didn't continue to achieve don't know. If they had continued to outpace the west, these areas would be on the top of the heap.
East Asia is now back at near parity with the West and may well surpass it in this century. The Middle East, for all its windfall oil money, does not appear capable of building world class societies.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 PM

34 posts, read 15,156 times
White people have made the world a much better place. Science, technology, religion, morality, etc. -- these things have greatly improved humanity.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
White people killed the Native Americans off and have greatly influenced middle Eastern and African culture. And to be honest, this is rarely present in how I look at political issues. BUT if you're gonna make sweeping assumptions about what the world would look like if... what? White people didn't colonize everything? Well, then I'm going to point out that you can't know... because they did. For all you know, we'd have colonies on Mars by now.

The fact is: race has nothing to do with civilizational development. Europeans got their technology because of needs that other cultures didn't have. I believe it was Francis Bacon who said that three basic innovations were what made the world better, believing them to have originated from Europe (gun powder, printing press, compass). They all came from China. If we assume that Europeans rapid development that occurred during the Renaissance was because of these things, then obviously the white race wasn't why.

Not that I think you've thought about this in depth. You strike me as nothing but a standards "trendy conservative" who likes to just say things that aren't politically correct because you think it makes you a rebel.
Well, the Renaissance wouldn't have happened without the Black Plague, another Chinese import. So, yeah, I guess we owe it all to the East.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

Let me try something.

Arab Muslims want to invade and subjugate your culture, how do you feel about that?

Can't imagine that this would be your response.

So, why is it your response on this topic?
Again, because that was then and this is now. I am interested in the past, but I don't feel particularly connected to the people. It is just what happened. What happens now, however, is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies