Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:40 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wait..what? How could this be?

The oh so trustworthy folks at CNN and MSNBC have routinely telling us that Trump hates the Jewish people. Calling him Hitler, saying his inauguration speech was "Hitlerian" and every policy he implements is anti-semetic.

So, i guess Trump went there to make sure all the attendees were wearing their Star of David patch on their lapels huh?
I Don't actually recall CNN and MSNBC calling Trump a Jew Hater. Especially since one of his first items on his agenda was to lobby for moving the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem; a big give away to Israel. Can you source your comment or did you pull it out of your ..........?
As far as the Hitler comparison, it's not in reference to the Jews, it's in reference to the similar way Hitler fooled the German people, weaseled his way into the government and promptly turned it into a personal dictatorship based on his cult of personality. As a result, he destroyed Germany and most of the rest of the civilized world while being responsible for 100s of millions of deaths in the process.

Trump has many of the same red flags hanging out of him that Hitler displayed during his early German government takeover.
It stated during the reelection campaign. Hitler had a bunch of Thugs who kept order at his rallies and roughed up anyone who spoke out against Hitler. Trump does exactly the same with his own private security force and his goading of his supporters to enact violence on any protesters who dare show up at his rallies. Neither man could tolerate or accept any criticism.
You know the comparisons,......"Creating the 1000 year Reich", "Make America Great Again", "Promoting the Superior Aryan Race", "America First".
Different words, same Dog whistles and same meanings with the probability of the same results.

That's what we're referring to when we make the Trump/Hitler comparison.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A Pediatric Dentist who I work with, had Bat Mitzvah at Trump National last night for his daughter and Trump showed up to congratulate her. I just got off FB, and he's got pictures and videos up.

Whether you like him or not, it's gotta be pretty cool to have the president of the US show up at your Bat Mitzvah.

He was just doing his job as owner of Trump National. He's working on weekends, as the head of Trump properties.

He goes there to hobnob with the members, to be seen by members and wish them well. Guests and members are paying a lot of money to have events at a Trump property and they pay a lot of money to be members. Trump stops by to keep the members and guests happy.Sort of like when people at Disney see Mickey Mouse.

When Trump stopped by a wedding party at Mar-A-Lago when he was with Japan's leader, Trump said something like "Let's say hello to the bride and groom. Their family have been members for a long time. I made a tremendous amount of money from them". He's still working his old job, saying hello to the members and guests that pay him a lot of money.

Some people likely pay extra to have events at a Trump property and to visit a Trump property, because it's cool to possibly have photos of the president of the US at your event. Trump is mixing the presidency to gain business profit. He is constantly visiting his properties. He's working weekends, and not only as president.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:48 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He was just doing his job as owner of Trump National. He's working on weekends, as the head of Trump properties.

He goes there to hobnob with the members, to be seen by members and wish them well. Guests and members are paying a lot of money to have events at a Trump property and they pay a lot of money to be members. Trump stops by to keep the members and guests happy.Sort of like when people at Disney see Mickey Mouse.

When Trump stopped by a wedding party at Mar-A-Lago when he was with Japan's leader, Trump said something like "Let's say hello to the bride and groom. Their family have been members for a long time. I made a tremendous amount of money from them". He's still working his old job, saying hello to the members and guests that pay him a lot of money.

Some people likely pay extra to have events at a Trump property and to visit a Trump property, because it's cool to possibly have photos of the president of the US at your event. Trump is mixing the presidency to gain business profit. He is constantly visiting his properties. He's working weekends, and not only as president.
Or maybe he is actually a nice person? It's not like he is making the rounds to all of his properties and doing meet and greets. Up until now, he has only been going to one of his properties, and now a second one, and if someone is having a special occasion, he takes time out of his busy schedule to help them make it more special.

That seeems like a much more plausible explanation.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:50 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Perhaps it is not pleasant to play golf in hot weather.
Very likely - and we know that it isn't as if Trump has any kind of rich cultural life. His only activities seem to be golfing and tweeting.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:52 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Or maybe he simply doesn't trust those places. When Obama was in office, there were several security breaches.
So, a couple of guys hop the White House fence, and you feel that justifies the 120 million dollars that Congress just put into the budget for Trump's security? And that is through September 30, 2017.

Anyway, I have not heard Mr. Trump express any sense of feeling insecure at the White House.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,416 times
Quote:
A Pediatric Dentist who I work with, had Bat Mitzvah at Trump National last night for his daughter and Trump showed up to congratulate her. I just got off FB, and he's got pictures and videos up.

Whether you like him or not, it's gotta be pretty cool to have the president of the US show up at your Bat Mitzvah.
Did they happen to get tape of him telling the girl that he would be back to date her in 4 to 6 years?

Old 05-07-2017, 02:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Don't you guys ever get bored of looking for reasons to complain about Trump?

My In-Laws have a home in Palm Beach. In the summer it is a ghost town compared to the winter. Probably around 3/4 of the people leave. Trump isn't doing anything earth shattering here.
A ghost town? Glad you wrote "compared to the winter." That's like saying "$100 million isn't wealthy, at least compared to Bill Gates."

By the way, I guess all those ghosts drive cars on I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.

I don't understand all the comments about the current weather in FL. For the past few days it's been around 78 degrees with lows in the 60s. How can anyone consider that to be unpleasant?

It is true that the population of FL, especially along the coast, doubles during the winter months and you can watch the mass exodus on the interstates in April and May. However, that still leaves 20 million residents. Oh, wait! That might be wrong. Maybe all the wealthy people with multiple homes who stay in Florida for 3 months, use it as their legal residence because it doesn't have a state income tax.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:40 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
A ghost town? Glad you wrote "compared to the winter." That's like saying "$100 million isn't wealthy, at least compared to Bill Gates."

By the way, I guess all those ghosts drive cars on I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.

I don't understand all the comments about the current weather in FL. For the past few days it's been around 78 degrees with lows in the 60s. How can anyone consider that to be unpleasant?

It is true that the population of FL, especially along the coast, doubles during the winter months and you can watch the mass exodus on the interstates in April and May. However, that still leaves 20 million residents. Oh, wait! That might be wrong. Maybe all the wealthy people with multiple homes who stay in Florida for 3 months, use it as their legal residence because it doesn't have a state income tax.
Just for fun, check out the license plates on the RVs and on the cars they are towing... one will have Florida plates, and the other will have some other state plates. Double dipping, aka dual residency, is common. Some of them even register to vote in both states.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
What's important to him is to have crowds of people around him - a large staff fawningly scurrying around him, plus hordes of strangers asking for his autograph. That's all he really wants. So, now that the crowds will have thinned out, he'll go seek them elsewhere.
Its called a God complex.=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

Old 05-07-2017, 02:48 PM

10,448 posts, read 4,034,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
So, a couple of guys hop the White House fence, and you feel that justifies the 120 million dollars that Congress just put into the budget for Trump's security? And that is through September 30, 2017.

Anyway, I have not heard Mr. Trump express any sense of feeling insecure at the White House.
There were drones flown that crashed on the White House lawn as well, and Secret Service members have stated their opinions that the White House is not safe at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies