Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 03:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree. Let's not make any excuses.

I can say it, and i don't need any excuse to do so. But if you're not black or Latino, your excuse had better be pretty good.

There you have it. No excuses.
That can get sticky real fast since "Latino" ain't a race and; word is many Spanish speakers are def "white" AND white supremacist. Too; some people with known Black family are def "white" looking at them, like Dona Summer's grandkids. The Celtic princess redhead would be danger walking through a rough Black hood even during the day but her mom "may" get a pass cause she's darker.

https://goo.gl/images/acAijf

Old 05-07-2017, 03:58 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Last year here in St Paul we had a situation in one of the High Schools. A girl refused to leave the mall & got into a fight with security, where she was seriously injured. The girl's basketball team wore some sort of shirts during domestic abuse awareness month and added the girl's name on them. A teacher, who had taught these girls, explained that her injury was not the result of domestic abuse. The girls went nuts on her, accusing her of racism for saying it was not abuse. The teacher tried & tried to explain the difference between domestic abuse & being beaten up by security at the mall, but to no avail. The girls started screaming, howling, swearing and barking at the moon. Reasonable discussion is not a skill they've ever been taught apparently. That teacher was removed from the school & transferred against her will. If that's what a teacher gets for explaining the literal difference to the students, I can only imagine how thin the ice is that this teacher is skating on.
Which is why these discussions can and should be had.

The kids need to learn self-control, respect and the ability to listen then speak. The only way to test these learned traits is to engage in discussions like we see here.

This kind of learning and ability to negotiate differing opinions is an invaluable life skill that is much more important than most other things that are taught.

It's a microcosom of society right now where emotional ranting and raving (and even physically attacking) are not only condoned but celebrated.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:25 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
I'm just saying people complaining about a double standard should do something about it. Hispanic kids say it a lot like me and DD pointed out earlier and none messes with them. Because they did something about it. White people and others should try to do the same if they want to say it so bad. Like I said my best white friend says it a lot and no one bothers him because most of the black kids he knows aren't hot heads like black people are portrayed in the media and because he owns it when he says it, he doesn't do it when angry or anything but similar to how you might see two black kids in a mall say "whats up my *****".

Also at this point I think black kids are partially saying it because people make a big deal over it for no reason. If the vast majority of white people didn't have the "oh the horror" look on their face when some kid said it in public, I am sure some of the kids that spout it 24/7 would use it more sparingly.

One of the things that I think lead to its wide use is that Teachers do nothing to stop cussing in High Schools, in fact several people talk about their teachers cussing at them while teaching. It seems in public schools at least cussing is allowed to happen for high schoolers.

I am just saying when I was in class if the discussion is so heated we can literally spend the entire class talking about one issue and this is with different teachers. From personal experience it honestly just leads to time wasted. If we discuss Trump's election even though the classroom might be all liberals or all conservatives it just takes that one person with a different opinion to start what might become a yelling match.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:34 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Yet kids are being forced to "have difficult conversations about race" in classrooms across the country, but always as a platform to push social justice agendas.
I'm sorry but that is laughable, while liberals dominate schools (because only liberals aspire to be teachers these days, most cons and plenty of liberals have higher expectations for their children. But due to liberals live and let live attitude more of them can say things like artist and school teacher and not get slapped by their parents).
I have only ever met one SJW (not a teacher), and I go to a charter school that is 70-80% minority, so you know their are tons of liberals out there.

Just like most stories of a conservative teacher trying to convert the class to Christianity are mostly made up stories. The same is true with SJW stories, a teacher might say something like "Their were white people who hated black people" or send home an assignment in a world religion class (Conservatives see: How to convert your child to a Muslim for dummies, self-help guide) they are

FAKE

Old 05-07-2017, 04:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Yet kids are being forced to "have difficult conversations about race" in classrooms across the country, but always as a platform to push social justice agendas.
There are academic reasons to discuss race. Racism is deeply embedded in the DNA of this country. It's unavoidable.

But to have a teacher and a black student have a discussion about who can and who can't use the N-word is silly. Let the students have that discussion themselves. The topic is not only too flammable, but unnecessary to bring up. The parameters have been set already, and who can and can't say it is well established.

So it's best to just let it be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That can get sticky real fast since "Latino" ain't a race and; word is many Spanish speakers are def "white" AND white supremacist. Too; some people with known Black family are def "white" looking at them, like Dona Summer's grandkids. The Celtic princess redhead would be danger walking through a rough Black hood even during the day but her mom "may" get a pass cause she's darker.

https://goo.gl/images/acAijf
The Latinos that can say it know who they are. Fat Joe can say it. Marco Rubio can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
for me personally I was taught not to use words like that- I'm not comfortable saying it. But to each their own.
I wasn't taught NOT to say it, but it wasn't something that children could say in our house. It was well understood as a curse word.

But times have changed, and i use it regularly around the proper company. We understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why would I want to use it, it is of no social or cultural value to white folks.
I don't know why you'd want to use it, but that's the whole point anyway. However, white folks DO say it and they say it a helluva lot too. All the time. There's no doubt in my mind that when white folks are discussing black folks in their private conversations, the N-word is the chief go-to word....but with the 'er' on the end.

Come on...who do you think you're fooling? LOL

Old 05-07-2017, 05:07 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
it's always fun seeing white people argue to use the n-word. White people just get upset because they feel like black people can do something that they can't. There is no argument outside of quoting someone (not a rap song) in a serious manner just for reference. These peoples little sunken racial arrogance comes right to the surface over this issue.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:11 PM

613 posts, read 462,993 times
I don't know why these discussions keep happening. Like, if you're White, why...would you even want to say that word...?

Old 05-07-2017, 05:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
As a white guy let me say that decent white folks have no desire to use the N-word. Here in Houston I hardly ever hear an adult white man use the word even when I am in all white company.

I can call my Filipino wife the f-word, others cannot.

The same principle applies to ethnic jokes which can be funny when told by those of the ethnicity disparaged but often not otherwise.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
I don't know why these discussions keep happening. Like, if you're White, why...would you even want to say that word...?
Well according to these posters, they don't wanna use it. They just want the option to use it without having their "careers ruined," or whatever. Hell, i don't know.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:23 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Why would an older trans Chinese person say it to teenage Mexican gangbanger????

Beats me but I've witnessed that exact incident.

I, along with my colleagues at one point, had to read/write/say the word as part of our job duties. Nobody had a PMS attack regardless of their skin color like the kid in that classroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies