Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 06:33 PM

613 posts, read 463,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well according to these posters, they don't wanna use it. They just want the option to use it without having their "careers ruined," or whatever. Hell, i don't know.

These people just need to own up to the truth that they want to be racists without facing consequences. That's how their posts come across to me.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
These people just need to own up to the truth that they want to be racists without facing consequences. That's how their posts come across to me.
The only people who seem to want to use it are black people.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
it's always fun seeing white people argue to use the n-word. White people just get upset because they feel like black people can do something that they can't. There is no argument outside of quoting someone (not a rap song) in a serious manner just for reference. These peoples little sunken racial arrogance comes right to the surface over this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post

Agree with both posts. I don't use the word. It offends me when other white people use it, unless, as 8won6 pointed out, it's in a serious context, for example, in a discussion of literature, or a direct quote. As for whether or not it is "okay" for black people to use it, I don't feel that it's my place to say, one way or the other. That's a debate best left for black people to have without outside interference. The fact that some do use it does not justify its use by whites.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The only people who seem to want to use it are black people.
Ha. Come on now, you know better than that. That's just pure dishonesty. Being that you're from South Texas, there's no doubt in my mind that you know damn well that the N-word is the go-to word for whites when discussing black folks....especially when they aren't talking about blacks in favorable terms which is at least 70% of the time when they're discussing blacks. Stop it...everyone here knows better.

Yes, some blacks want to use it. I use it myself often. But coming out of my mouth ain't the same as when it comes out of yours. And of course, you understand why.

If you can't be honest in this discussion, then you shouldn't participate.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ha. Come on now, you know better than that. That's just pure dishonesty. Being that you're from South Texas, there's no doubt in my mind that you know damn well that the N-word is the go-to word for whites when discussing black folks....especially when they aren't talking about blacks in favorable terms which is at least 70% of the time when they're discussing blacks. Stop it...everyone here knows better.

Yes, some blacks want to use it. I use it myself often. But coming out of my mouth ain't the same as when it comes out of yours. And of course, you understand why.

If you can't be honest in this discussion, then you shouldn't participate.
Of course you believe whites sit around dropping n-bombs all the time. I know how obsessed with racism you are.

Do you check under you bed AND in your closet for klan members before you go to sleep each night?

Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Of course you believe whites sit around dropping n-bombs all the time. I know how obsessed with racism you are.

Do you check under you bed AND in your closet for klan members before you go to sleep each night?
Actually, i'm not obsessed with racism, i'm obsessed with being honest about it unlike my present interlocutor.

I know what i know, and i'll just leave it there. When white folks from your neck of the woods speak about black folks in a negative light, all the time or not, they ain't saying "black" or "African American." You know it, i know it, and so does everyone else. That's probably no less true for people in other areas too, but i KNOW it's the truth for where you're from. So miss me with the phoniness.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:47 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Terminate said teacher. I don't care who that teacher is. Why would anyone want to call anyone a racial slur?
He didn't call him the slur. They were discussing use of a word.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
He didn't call him the slur. They were discussing use of a word.
There's the knee-jerk emotional response common with this topic. The teacher was in complete control trying to discuss the issue and a poster claims he called a student a racial slur.

It's incumbent upon the unhinged, drama-filled, illogical people to move to the side of sane, rational, respectful dialogue. Not the other way around.

The responses here and reaction of the student show people would rather not deal with realities in a mature manner but instead arbitrarily make up unenforceable draconian rules while mentally, emotionally, and sometimes physically flailing about like a fish out of water.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
I would NEVER use a word like that. I don't even use it among my closest friends. I cuss plenty put there are just certain words I can't bare myself to say.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
That teacher shouldn't be teaching. Parents need to insist the teacher is terminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies