Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 04:13 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,453,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Speaking for all Americans are you?

You have no more right to speak for ALL Americans on any issue than the man in the moon.

I'll opine that if single payer were put to a referendum vote you'd get your head handed to you on a stick for attempting to stand between what you think American values are and what they really are.

Those must be American values flapping on all the Walmart flagpoles. American values....you gotta be kidding.
I already established in bold print that I am not speaking for all Americans. Catch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 04:15 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,073,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Speaking for all Americans are you?

You have no more right to speak for ALL Americans on any issue than the man in the moon.

I'll opine that if single payer were put to a referendum vote you'd get your head handed to you on a stick for attempting to stand between what you think American values are and what they really are.

Those must be American values flapping on all the Walmart flagpoles. American values....you gotta be kidding.
The answer is still NO. Health care isn't a right----even though you wish it were.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,453,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The answer is still NO. Health care isn't a right----even though you wish it were.
I don't think BruSan wishes for it - he's Canadian. Yep. Another non-American with an endless amount of criticism for the American domestic issue of healthcare. What a surprise.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,363,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I don't wish anything....I already got mine covered.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:24 PM

18,492 posts, read 15,353,946 times
I think people should watch this. The guy is very angry, but controlled.

Constituent loses his temper at Rep. Tom MacArthur over health care Video - ABC News

Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM

18,492 posts, read 15,353,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I don't think BruSan wishes for it - he's Canadian. Yep. Another non-American with an endless amount of criticism for the American domestic issue of healthcare. What a surprise.
BruSan, like myself, has many American friends.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You got that right at least. There should be no surprise; the whole world has criticism for the American issue of healthcare.

American values......Haaaar! That's rich.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
BruSan, like myself, has many American friends.
And every single one of them has stated they'd LOVE a single payer system. Without reservations.

It's only the ones you see on here espousing some silly belief in a non-existent American value that has resulted in millions of them doing without ANY healthcare whatsoever and untold millions of them dying for the lack of for over sixty years. They claim theirs is a rugged individualism belief while enjoying every privilege civilized communal co-operation has brought them.

It beggars the imagination how they think that balloon will float.

Those aren't the values most of us have come to believe characteristic of America and Americans.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:51 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I think the thing most don't understand, is why this belief is so unevenly applied. Even the die-hard right wingers expect the government to help when their trailer park home has been blown away in a tornado.

Why not privatize everything?

It seems with healthcare, those against it do come across as brainwashed, since their arguments against it make little sense. Their talking points are mostly myths, if not outright lies.
No one says you cannot treat yourself... That would be your right.
If healthcare was a right, you would have a doctor at your side 24/7, or be your own doctor.

In the woods of Canada... You fall and break your leg, and you are all by yourself 100 miles from a person.
Do you have a right to fix your leg? Or do you have a right to demand, someone else be right there on the spot to fix it pronto.

No one has the right to the services of another human being, or the fruits of their labor.
That would not be liberty. It would be tyranny, for those forced to pay for others.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:55 PM

17,383 posts, read 11,892,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Right.

Freedom to what? Work at a crappy job because your health insurance is tied into it? Keep your kids in a substandard daycare because that's you can afford? Freedom to be unable to pursue an education in another field because the tuition is just too expensive?
Your examples are ridiculous. There is nothing stopping you from getting another job - just find another that has insurance or buy your own. Nothing to stop you from staying home, having fewer kids or finding another daycare for YOUR kids. Nothing stopping you from pursuing further education by taking out loans, working two jobs or going to night school. You are free to do any of these things.

What you shouldn't be "free" to do is to take MY tax dollars to fund those endeavors. You job, your daycare, your kids, your education is not my concern. And it's certainly not my obligation to fund.

You're forgetting that I should be free to keep my property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies