Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:57 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
Nice little cherry picked example.

Who is gonna pay for the police to patrol and answer emergency calls?

Who is gonna pay to fix a dam that breaks?

Who is gonna pay for someone's auto accident which requires life saying medical procedures the person can not afford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
We all use public roads, bridges, police, schools, etc

Assuming you dont live off the grid.
Didnt you know it? They built all the roads they use, all the bridges, with their own bare hands.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:59 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it's not pointless. A right is something you just get and don't have to pay for. That's why HC will never be a right because someone has to get paid to administer it.
For most people, rights were fought hard for. Very few, go it just handed to them.

That bit of semantics aside, rights are constantly being interpreted and even change. Ask gay people about their rights?

Greater minds than mine, agree healthcare is or should be a right.

WHO | Health and human rights

Old 05-08-2017, 01:00 PM

207 posts, read 102,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Didnt you know it? They built all the roads they use, all the bridges, with their own bare hands.
All I know is I havent built anything.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Everybody gets healthcare. It's the bill being paid everyone isn't entitled to.
...too much after the fact, not enough preventive.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I won't nitpick the whole post, so I'll just say yes, people need to work together to have any success. The thing is, there is no debt that needs to be paid back to "society", which isn't even a real entity. If you're educated, you pay the educators and you're even. If you get roads, you pay for the roads and you're even.

The split here is that you're not accounting for the fact that there is no other competition allowed outside of the government version of these services, and you're not even allowed to refuse them if you choose to do so.
Good to know. I'm going to your community and start my own competitive police force! Your police will soon be out of business, since I will low ball my offer.

As for society not being a real entity....do you live in a cave?

Old 05-08-2017, 01:03 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I can't even keep up with all these fallacies.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:04 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
We all use public roads, bridges, police, schools, etc

Assuming you dont live off the grid.
Yeah, and we pay for them too. I'm saying we should have the option to not pay for them if we aren't going to use them, and we should pay for them if we're going to use them.

Also remember the state monopoly issue.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Haaaa...a Liberal who believes in self responsibility?

Yeah right.
She's originally from Canada where liberal and conservative have different goal posts. Liberal is not a dirty word in Canada. Even our Conservatives are FOR UHC.

Support for public health care soars: 94% of Canadians - including Conservatives - choose public

Old 05-08-2017, 01:05 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,903,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Neither is making purchasing health insurance mandatory by force of government.

What liberals never seemed to understand about Obamacare, is that making someone buy health insurance does not guarantee access to health care.
It has to be mandatory, because guess what?

Today, under the ACA, if you don't have health insurance and have a medical emergency, you are not denied service even if they know for a fact that you cannot pay the bill. The hospital will treat you and eat the costs.

This isn't Walmart, where you have to pay before using what you bought. The hospital "fixes" you first, you leave and then the hospital asks for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies