Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:13 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, Insurance companies were making record profits and costs were continuing upwards beyond the reach of many so even if you argue it was working, it was not working for the people.

It is never going to work until we remove the investment angle. Our health should not be something people bet on in the stock markets.
I agree 100% that our health should not be a stock market bet.

But the constant drumbeat against ACA was in no way matched by what was actually going on. Millions got access to health care and millions more were pleased with the law.

The GOP fought it tooth and toenail instead of working to fine tune it. Dropping the mandate, carrying on about ceasing the subsidies... of course, all this is going to undermine it. Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 07:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree 100% that our health should not be a stock market bet.

But the constant drumbeat against ACA was in no way matched by what was actually going on. Millions got access to health care and millions more were pleased with the law.

The GOP fought it tooth and toenail instead of working to fine tune it. Dropping the mandate, carrying on about ceasing the subsidies... of course, all this is going to undermine it. Duh.
It's not like this wasn't known from the beginning so you don't create a system that requires them to support it later on.

If the (D)'s had done the right thing from the beginning, they are still in power.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
The only REAL news comes from Alex Jones. Gay frogs and lizard people are real. That's why us conservatives who listen to Jones are so smart.

Our illustrious president sure like him

Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
See, you are making excuses for his lie. This isn't to deflect from the obvious lies the Post points out. It just goes to show that we continue to get lies because there is always a large group willing to defend them.
Trump hardly needs me to make excuses for him. The problem is you folks whine non-stop, you spread malicious lies, rumors and total nonsense, and it's getting to the point no one believes your bs anymore. Now you have this kind of krap going on - https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-l-a/22074311/

You folks really think the Resistance is going to grow from this? The left is looking more desperate everyday.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Trump hardly needs me to make excuses for him. The problem is you folks whine non-stop, you spread malicious lies
If you can show a malicious lie I've spread I will apologize. If not, I'll dismiss this as a worthless rant because you couldn't address what I actually said.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
WaPo?? Fake News, right??
Even the left-leaning PolitiFact gave a Mostly False rating to the hysterical claim that the new bill 'makes sexual assault a pre-existing condition.' The claim deserved a Pants On Fire, but hey, at least not even PolitiFact could give it a True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies