Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 08:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The war on drugs is a myth. And, these government offices are always "fat", mostly admin people who don't contribute to the cause. If people were so concerned about drugs, they would be advocating for securing the border, obviously, they are not. Also, a lot of those wealthy people count on those drugs being available for them.
Guess what? Illegal immigrants are not the cause of all America's problems. And even if they were, it's Trump who is going back on his promise to build the wall. Trump is the one who lied. America voted for him. Americans did their job and unfortunately voted for someone who cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why not? Barack Hussein is now gone. He is a known consumer of drugs. The money can be diverted to local law enforcement to pay for bullets to kill the dealers.
I'm not sure what the question is for sure, but.....

We have wasted billions of dollars on a ridiculous "war on drugs" aka "war on choice".

If people CHOOSE to put such substances in their bodies, it's both their choice and their responsibility to deal with the consequences. Heck, I'd even go with a three strike rule where a hospital has to help an OD victim three times, but on the fourth, unless they make a miraculous recovery in the waiting room, they'll be in the basement chilling out in a horizontal refrigerator.

Decriminalize drugs and let Darwin sort it out.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
95% cut to the Drug Control office budget is basically same as eliminating it completely, and its significant because Trump promised to make the opioid epidemic a priority, but has done nothing about it, and now he is doing the opposite.

I'm not buying his excuses. He is a known liar, so only a fool would believe him.
The opioid epidemic is due to those legal drugs.

Good cut.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
But on Friday, President Trump’s administration revealed plans to gut the 2018 budget of his Office of National Drug Control Policy. According to an Office of Management and Budget document obtained by The New York Times, the White House is proposing to slash the drug policy office budget by about 95 percent, to just $24 million from $388 million.
Wonderful news. The DEA should be abolished.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:46 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Why not? Barack Hussein is now gone. He is a known consumer of drugs. The money can be diverted to local law enforcement to pay for bullets to kill the dealers.
You mention Obama...

I will probably get flack for this, but whatever.

It's interesting to me that when Obama got into office, over time the addictive drug of choice has flipped over to opium and poppy related legal drugs. Obama had the military protecting opium fields in Afghanistan. The government is pushing more opium related physician drugs to the point where opium products are used to treat opium addictions. (Language alert in first part of video - but think it's important to see)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2YWqVpT4E

Obama is obviously pro-Middle East, and I am not convinced that this is an accident that the middle east is reaping the benefits of the skyrocketing drug use of these products.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
The bigger question is why white people have such a strong tendency to do heroin?
Greatest rise in heroin use was among white people, study says | KFOR.com

I've heard tell white people are cultured, advanced and civilized. Why the heck would they put needles in their arms which contain unknown substances which are likely to kill them?

This is a question for Don the Con.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:18 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You mention Obama...

I will probably get flack for this, but whatever.

It's interesting to me that when Obama got into office, over time the addictive drug of choice has flipped over to opium and poppy related legal drugs. Obama had the military protecting opium fields in Afghanistan. The government is pushing more opium related physician drugs to the point where opium products are used to treat opium addictions. (Language alert in first part of video - but think it's important to see)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2YWqVpT4E

Obama is obviously pro-Middle East, and I am not convinced that this is an accident that the middle east is reaping the benefits of the skyrocketing drug use of these products.
Opium=big pharma=obamas paycheck

Old 05-08-2017, 09:20 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The bigger question is why white people have such a strong tendency to do heroin?

I've heard tell white people are cultured, advanced and civilized. Why the heck would they put needles in their arms which contain unknown substances which are likely to kill them?

No, it's a question for those individuals. How is Trump going to know why certain individuals do drugs?

Now - we could ask why the prior administration had ramped up opium related legal medical drug products. Because that was in their control. Or we can ask Trump if he plans to change how those products are used in the medical field today. That would be in his control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Opium=big pharma=obamas paycheck
... and Afghanistan's paycheck

Old 05-08-2017, 09:21 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Please. And I'd like to know more about where they got those numbers. Almost 2 out of 100 have used heroin? I don't think so. Sounds like government leeches looking for funding.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

207 posts, read 102,671 times
Quote:
Another flip-flop. So much for that promise....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/u...y-95.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — When he was running for office, Donald J. Trump promised to rid America of the scourge of drugs, vowing to crack down on dealers and invest heavily in programs to get heroin and other opioids off the streets.

But on Friday, President Trump’s administration revealed plans to gut the 2018 budget of his Office of National Drug Control Policy. According to an Office of Management and Budget document obtained by The New York Times, the White House is proposing to slash the drug policy office budget by about 95 percent, to just $24 million from $388 million.
When are you Dems, Pubs, Indp, etc gonna learn?

Every politician flip flops.

Why do you continually bring this up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies