Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:28 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Ahh, the Russian fairy tale, alive and well.
There aren't usually FBI investigations based on multiple-nation IC information about fairy tales. It's really difficult to believe some people are so completely wrapped up in the cult of personality of Donald Trump that they can't accept even the barest of facts, especially when they're in any way negative whatsoever against him. I don't think we've seen this with any past US president on either side of the political aisle. You supporters seem unable to deal with reality. Perhaps you've just invested too much in him to admit you backed the wrong horse, but it seems almost like religious fervor. It's like his supporters think he is of the divine and can literally not do anything wrong. It's a scary modern example of the power of a charismatic demagogue combined with a bunch of intellectually shallow people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM

533 posts, read 642,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yates absolutely schooled Ted Cruz and John Cornyn. I mean, she demolished them.

Cornyn: I'm deeply disappointed you refused to implement the travel ban because you didn't like the policy.
Yates: At my confirmation meeting you asked me if I would block any action that was illegal or unconstitutional. I said I would do that, and I did.

Cruz: The Immigration Act gives the President broad power to implement immigration restrictions. Are you familiar with that?
Yates: Yes, I'm also familiar with another part of the same law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or nationality.

Cruz got up without saying anything and left. Guess he was too embarrassed to listen to the rest of the hearing.
I was impressed by Yates. I haven't heard her speak much but she was impressed how she handled her "gotcha" questioning by ever-so-confident Cruz

Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
I was impressed by Yates. I haven't heard her speak much but she was impressed how she handled her "gotcha" questioning by ever-so-confident Cruz
If you look at her career she had bipartisan support, she did handle the hearing extremely well. It's a shame that she had to leave.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:47 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There aren't usually FBI investigations based on multiple-nation IC information about fairy tales. It's really difficult to believe some people are so completely wrapped up in the cult of personality of Donald Trump that they can't accept even the barest of facts, especially when they're in any way negative whatsoever against him. I don't think we've seen this with any past US president on either side of the political aisle. You supporters seem unable to deal with reality. Perhaps you've just invested too much in him to admit you backed the wrong horse, but it seems almost like religious fervor. It's like his supporters think he is of the divine and can literally not do anything wrong. It's a scary modern example of the power of a charismatic demagogue combined with a bunch of intellectually shallow people.

1. Flynn was hired by Obama and later fired because he refused to go along with Barack's weak foreign policy.

2. Flynn, as a private citizen, took a private consulting job representing Turkey.

3. Flynn was tapped by Trump to join his administration.

4. President Trump fires Flynn because he did not divulge his consulting gig to the VP.

Why is this a scandal???? The man is not even part of the administration. Flynn is an American hero. He holds a top secret security clearance. He should be RE-HIRED pronto.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you look at her career she had bipartisan support, she did handle the hearing extremely well. It's a shame that she had to leave.

Donald Trump felt Yates was a threat (knowledge is power), that's why he fired her.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:06 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump felt Yates was a threat (knowledge is power), that's why he fired her.
She is a partisan hack who does not understand the Constitution and was unqualified for the job.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:15 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She is a partisan hack who does not understand the Constitution and was unqualified for the job.
She may have been qualified, but it wasn't her job to judge the legality of an executive order. In reality, she should have been booted out long before that EO was signed.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:23 AM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
1. Flynn was hired by Obama and later fired because he refused to go along with Barack's weak foreign policy.

2. Flynn, as a private citizen, took a private consulting job representing Turkey.

4. President Trump fires Flynn because he did not divulge his consulting gig to the VP.

Why is this a scandal???? The man is not even part of the administration. Flynn is an American hero. He holds a top secret security clearance. He should be RE-HIRED pronto.
Seriously?

Flynn was fired for insubordination to Clapper and other high ranking officials, by all accounts he was a great intelligence agent but a horrible manager. He was a private citizen but the military has a restriction on accepting aide from foreign governments, besides the fact that the money came from a Russian billionaire.

We don't know why Pence fired him other than he lied, I'm betting it was for communicating with the Russians over the sanctions. He is not a hero and he is going to jail, just a question on how long. Very appropriate for the person that led the chants of "lock her up".

you have some very low standards for an NSA director.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:24 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Kevin----- do yourself a bit of a favor and go read up on former Republican Bob Barr of Georgia and the very law and order/originalist viewpoints he had. He was one of the leading congressman going after Bill Clinton.

Bob Barr: Statement on Sally Yates - Georgia Politics, Campaigns and Elections - GaPundit

In case you are still to special to believe here is the quote.

[CENTER]Bob Barr: Statement on Sally Yates [/CENTER]
Congratulations to US Attorney Sally Yates on her well-deserved promotion to Deputy AG. I knew when I hired her back in 1989 she would truly excel.

Have a nice day

Old 05-09-2017, 08:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
1. Flynn was hired by Obama and later fired because he refused to go along with [his President's] foreign policy.

2. Flynn, as a private citizen, took a private undisclosed consulting job representing Turkey.

4. Flynn violates the Logan Act December 2016

5. President Trump knows about the violation of the Logan Act and the possibly compromising security situation but does nothing until it gets into the public eye.

6. President Trump fires Flynn because he could not cover it up any longer, and it was hurting the administrations credibility so Flynn became the fall guy.

Quote:

It appears that he no longer holds a top security clearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies