Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 12:29 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

What happened in Chicago is nothing new and not confined to Chicago.
SCSO: Shots fired at funeral service following family feud | FOX13

Funeral held for mother, 2 sons, killed in Gentilly quadruple shooting: Fox 8 reports | NOLA.com

Shots fired at funeral of shooting victim in SW Atlanta - CBS46 News

2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at funeral in Atlanta suburb - CBS News

Police: Man Shot Father After Funeral For Br | WBAL Radio 1090 AM

Gunfire erupts outside funeral home during viewing for shooting victim | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Obama has a lot of free time now when he is not giving expensive speeches to Wall Street or heading to Italy to tell them how bad America and Trump is when it comes to global warming...

Why can't Obama go back to Chicago, back to his roots of community organizing and set these gang bangers straight?
He could offer them HOPE and CHANGE through a few speeches then head off again on vacation.

Stop and Frisk works so use it or call in the National Guard to patrol the streets after curfew.
Why do you expect Obama to do something about this? Last I checked, When Obama was President, he told Black men to pull their pants up and be fathers to their children. At age 30, I've come to the sad realization that hood rats will keep being hood rats. Most hood rats do not listen nor do they care.

Stop and frisk is not shown to have much effect. Stop and Frisk is a violation of the 4th amendment as well. If you are willing to forego essential liberties for temporary security, that is a form of fascism and it is very dangerous to people like me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3750b90a8769

Most of the people stopped were not found to have done anything wrong. It was basically a sly version of racial profiling. And the 4th Amendment relies on reasonable search and seizure. S&F relies on a hunch.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Police: 2 dead, 8 hurt in shooting at Brighton Park memorial for earlier rifle slaying - Chicago Tribune

2 dead 8 others injured. You cant make this up. BLM to issue statement followed by a protest at any moment LOLOLOL!!!!!
How can you laugh? This is tragic.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM

212 posts, read 135,997 times
You can't have a first world nation with a third world population. This is America's destiny. Better get used to it.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
You can't have a first world nation with a third world population. This is America's destiny. Better get used to it.
Do you care to elaborate on what you mean by "third world population"?

Old 05-08-2017, 12:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do not think there is anything funny here at all-( real cops would NOT either) the gun people want their dam guns despite- I say shut down the area--and collect everyone, and every gun- Time to stop this mess-
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Including the police right? No one should have a gun?

Funny! It takes me about 10 man hours, to make a completely functional AR, or Semi auto pistol, giving me a few blocks of metal.

Outlaw that!

Charcoal, urine and feces, and you are on your way to blackpowder, and gun powder.
Lead weights from balancing auto tires, to melt down for bullets.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM

212 posts, read 135,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Do you care to elaborate on what you mean by "third world population"?
Sorry, but I haven't owned a crayon since I was nine. Perhaps someone else will be kind enough to draw the picture you obviously need to fully grasp extrapolative cause and effect thinking.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
Sorry, but I haven't owned a crayon since I was nine. Perhaps someone else will be kind enough to draw the picture you obviously need to fully grasp extrapolative cause and effect thinking.
Funny. Making a petulant comment when faced with a serious question that requires a straight answer. Just answer the question. What exactly do you mean by "third world population"? You are the one who coined the term. Therefore, it is your responsibility to just give a straight answer.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interestingly, Chicago has a much lower homicide rate then New Orleans, Baltimore, Cleveland and many other cities.

Oh well, if the government hand not been providing free housing, free food, free utilities for the parents of these gang members back in the 1990s and early 2000s this wouldn't be an issue. But because of huge social programs, people who can't even take care of themselves decide to have baby after baby after baby and then a few decades later those same poverty births in the 1990s are today's criminals.

There has been an absolute breakdown in values since the 1950s and 1960s in many American cities and the tremendous crime wise that has plagued Chicago for the last two years is what result of women having half a dozen or more kids by men who are gang members.
I will go you one better. Look at all the cities and countries of the world that had the most racial oppression, in terms of slavery and what not......you will find high murder rates. Take a country like Ghana and compare its murder rate to Brazil, Jamaica, South Africa or the murder rate for blacks in the US....and you will see the contrast. The only exception is Cuba....former slave country with a low murder rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-08-2017 at 01:14 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 01:08 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
Nothing can be done. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies